Fallout Series on Amazon

841 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Average Joe
Redassag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't see a thread about this. Really looking forward to this. My son and I love playing Fallout 4. I don't really like playing video games, but this one got me somehow. I hope they can bring some of these story lines to life on the screen. Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan's brother I believe is writing and directing. He wrote and created Westworld. They haven't announced a date yet, but IMDB shows 2023.

Pretty sure this is a fan trailer.

This is from Bethesda

RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
bluefire579
AG
There's been lots of set photos that look like they're nailing the aesthetic. Here's one of the more recent ones: https://www.pcgamer.com/new-fallout-tv-series-set-photos-show-iconic-red-rocket-gas-station/

Will be interesting to see how they translate it into a cohesive narrative. There's obviously a lot of lore after all the games that have been made, but narratively a bit disjointed. Can see this one going either way.
C@LAg
on the one hand... they nailed "The Boys" and "Reacher".

on the other...

They **** the bed with "Rings of Power".

Hopefully this is more The Boys/Reacher than Power.
Claude!
Cautiously optimistic. Since the lore of Fallout is less developed (and people are less fanatical about it), deviations probably won't be met with as much scorn.
DallasTeleAg
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3303222/replies/62536264
Average Joe
AG
Claude! said:

Cautiously optimistic. Since the lore of Fallout is less developed (and people are less fanatical about it), deviations probably won't be met with as much scorn.
Since each games take place at a different time in a different place, I suspect this will be much of the same. They just need to keep the back story mostly the same along with the vaults, and focus on aesthetics, monsters, and world building. They can use a story from one of the known vaults, or make up their own from any of the many unknown vaults.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic, as well. It's really easy to half ass a project like this because there won't be a ton of blowback if you do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.