In your opinion, what is the worst thing Walter White did on Breaking Bad?

4,230 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by InternetFan02
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In your opinion, what is the worst thing Walter White did on Breaking Bad?
oragator
Poisoned the kid, even if he lived.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Had sex with Skylar
Post removed:
by user
lethalninja
I can't believe he threw a pizza on the roof. What a monster!
Know Your Enemy
AG
He never checked his lottery ticket to see if he won. What a waste of money.
lethalninja
Vince Gilligan agrees that's the worst thing he did.
Mogilla
I actually stopped watching the show for a while when that happened. It was just too for me as a new father to watch that and enjoy the following episodes.
The Dirty Sock
1. Destabilized a perfectly good meth community resulting in a substantial power vacuum in the whole southwest.
2. Had neo nazis kill a bunch of guys in prison or jail
3. Didn't kill Marie on day 1 forcing us to watch her worthless ass for 5 or so years. Worse than styler…if that's possible.
4. Left his own two kids fatherless and a hell of a social stain to deal with the rest of their lives.
5. Poisoned a kid
Gigem314
AG

CyclingAg82
AG
Got involved with Vamanos Pest Control. Which brought in Todd...Which obliquely led to the deaths of the Teenager on the dirt bike, and the neo-Nazis killing Hank and Steve G.

And killing Mike Ehrmantraut was bad.
lethalninja
He told Jack he wanted to call the hit off when he realized Hank and Gomez were with Jesse.
Duckhook
AG
lethalninja said:

He told Jack he wanted to call the hit off when he realized Hank and Gomez were with Jesse.

It was too late by then. Jack's antenna were already buzzing.

Although Walter was certainly responsible for a lot of deaths, standing there watching a pretty innocent person die because that was going to work out well for him tops my list.
TXAG 05
AG
Hank and Gomie died and everything fell apart because Jessie was a pu**y
lethalninja
Jane was implying that she still might turn him in even after he gave Jesse his money.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
**** Jane.
UnderoosAg
AG
Bought a Pontiac Aztek
cbr
AG
Refusing to take some charity from his friends at the start.
maroon barchetta
Inspired a lethalninja thread.
The Porkchop Express
This sweater has to be pretty high on the list.

Southlake
Watched Jesse's girlfriend choke to death
JWinTX
CyclingAg82 said:

Got involved with Vamanos Pest Control. Which brought in Todd...Which obliquely led to the deaths of the Teenager on the dirt bike, and the neo-Nazis killing Hank and Steve G.

And killing Mike Ehrmantraut was bad.
This.

Mike was the best side character on both of the series. Got **** done...all while dealing with his grief/demons
gggmann
AG
Worst thing he did was selling off his shares of Gray Matter Technologies for $5K.
lethalninja
As of 2009, Gray Matter has a valuation of $2.16 billion, making Walt's original share worth an estimated $720 million. ("Buyout")
Post removed:
by user
lethalninja
It might have been from the first season, since Jesse was originally supposed to be killed off then, but the fans liked him so much that he became a main character.
Decay
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Kinda hijacking the thread here, but when did Breaking Bad really start getting popular? Was it gaining massive amounts of steam in the first season or did that come a little later?

I didn't watch it until after it was already completed.

It was a hit quickly. The novelty of the dad from a sitcom being a bad guy gave it buzz, and then once it started the acting blew people away.
Ornithopter
AG
The worst thing Hal ever did would be an interesting discussion.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
2 tied for first:

1. watching Jane die.

2. later telling Jesse he watched her die and could have saved her but didn't.

rynning
AG
Decay said:

FAT SEXY said:

Kinda hijacking the thread here, but when did Breaking Bad really start getting popular? Was it gaining massive amounts of steam in the first season or did that come a little later?

It was a hit quickly. The novelty of the dad from a sitcom being a bad guy gave it buzz, and then once it started the acting blew people away.
Agree, but if you look at various episode rankings, almost all the top episodes are from seasons 4 and 5.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Started gaining steam between seasons 3-4. Then between 5A and 5B it basically quadrupled in viewership thanks to Netflix and was on par with the big boys like GoT.
TXAG 05
AG
Looking at a chart, the first 3 seasons averaged about 1.5M viewers, with the season 4 premiere being the first episode to hit 2M, but it was the only episode that season to do so. The 5A premiere had about 3M but the rest of the season stayed below that, but above 2M. The 5B premiere had just under 6M then went down until the final 2 which had about 6.5 and the finale which did a little over 10. At the same time, the Walking Dead was getting 12M+ an episode.

I think Breaking Bad is more popular now than it ever was while it was on air, if it wasn't for Netflix most people probably would never have even heard of it. I only watched it sometime after the finale aired due to threads about it on here.

I remember being at a Halloween party and there was a dude there wearing glasses and a hat and we asked him if he just didn't feel like dressing up and he said "No, I'm Heisenberg" and we had no idea what that was. He had to explain it was from a tv show.
gigemags-99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

FAT SEXY said:

Started gaining steam between seasons 3-4. Then between 5A and 5B it basically quadrupled in viewership thanks to Netflix and was on par with the big boys like GoT.

This was it for me. Watch seasons 1-3 on Netflix (a couple of times) and started watching season 4 live. Damn I hated waiting a week in between episodes.
hurleyag
AG
Jane was doomed to OD eventually anyways. By letting her die, it saved Jesse.

I think sending Jesse to kill Gale was the worst.
Max Power
AG
Changed religions for reasons other than spiritual?

Unsafe dental practices?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.