Jason Sudeikis / Olivia Wilde

11,053 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Southlake
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up front, this falls fully under "celebrity gossip," which often causes a certain contingent here to *have* to let us know how much they don't care about the lives of celebrities, and how pathetic it is that some of us entertain this nonsense at. To those people: we get it, you don't have to read this, etc.

With that out of the way... Jason Sudeikis just pulled one of the coldest moves I've ever seen. For those unaware, Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde were engaged years back, never married, but had two kids together, and then split maybe three or so years ago. Since then, they've seemed to get along well for the most part, no drama, etc. Wilde then directed a movie last year called Don't Worry Darling, which has a lot of awards buzz and is set to debut in September. Harry Styles is among a pretty great cast in that movie, and while filming, Wilde and Styles started dating. And since then, Wilde has apparently been spending a ton of time in London, with Styles, potentially away from her family, which is presumably what led to the news that just dropped.

Basically, yesterday afternoon, during Warner Bros' big presentation at CinemCon yesterday in Vegas, Wilde took the stage to introduce a first-look at Don't Worry Darling. And *as* she was walking on stage, just after being introduced to hundreds of people, a guy in the front row stood up and slid a manilla envelop onto the stage, in front of Wilde. She asked, "This is for me?" and apparently proceeded to open it right then and there (I'm assuming she thought it was a note for the presentation or something), but remained straight-faced as to the contents, and proceeded with the presentation. However, now Deadline is reporting that Sudeikis straight up chose *that* moment to have CUSTODY PAPERS served to Wilde. Literally right in the middle of her big debut, introducing the movie starring her current flame, the flame she may or may not be neglecting her family for.

Twitter is blowing up with this news right now, and I'm sure more will develop, but I'm kind of in shock that Ted Lasso just went John Wick on his ex like that...

TCTTS
AG
Speculation is that Wilde could have been avoiding service, and that a public appearance may have been the only means by which to serve the papers. Either way, man... the timing, the irony, the message Sudeikis literally and figuratively sent, just... wow.
Average Joe
AG
That's Wilde.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The next season of Ted Lasso is going to go Breaking Bad, isn't it?
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

this falls fully under "celebrity gossip," which often causes a certain contingent here to *have* to let us know how much they don't care about the lives of celebrities
I was pretty interested in Olivia Wilde's personal life back when House was on.
C@LAg
as she is an item on my bucket list. I am team Wilde.
Sex Panther
AG
Sudeikis is ****ing awesome. And his "roster" is up there with Jeter, especially given he is a pretty normal looking guy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Average Joe said:

That's Wilde.

Pack it up.
I am always wrong
Man that's super crazy alright
Bunk Moreland
While I'm absolutely rooting for the timing to be calculated, I doubt he had anything to do with how/when it went down.

It would simply be too good of a move. Better than perfect and I'm not ready to accept that yet.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Add Jason to the growing list with Will and Johnny here to remind you -- don't try to build a family with a self-centered *****. Even if she's hot.
jeffk
AG
That's some Jamie Tartt **** right there.
TCTTS
AG
For the record, I worked with her once - spent an entire day with her - and she was super cool to me, at least. Very nice and down to earth. This was back in 2007, though, and who knows what's happened in the 15 years (!) since. I've always liked her for the most part, but in recent years she *has* seemed a bit more stuck-up or vindictive or thinks-she's-hot-sh*t or something. I can't quite put my finger on it.
GoAgs92
AG
I need to rewatch booksmart, which she directed, remember it was decent but not great.

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Scriffer
AG
jeffk said:

That's some Jamie Tartt **** right there.

I think you mean Led Tasso
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
TCTTS said:

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
I'll stop but I could post a 100 gifs reacting to this. OP, thank you. This was awesome to know.
Potcake
AG
She's pretty cold-bloooded as well to read that and not react.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Sex Panther said:

Sudeikis is ****ing awesome. And his "roster" is up there with Jeter, especially given he is a pretty normal looking guy

This right here. And I bet he did have something to do with the timing, at the very least giving the server the "ok" to do it at that moment. And with balls like that I'm starting to see why he pulls the "talent" he does.
Bunk Moreland
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Ok, one more

TCTTS
AG
I find it hard to believe that of all the ways to deliver something like that, the process service company picked THAT exact moment, all on their own.
Claude!
Potcake said:

She's pretty cold-bloooded as well to read that and not react.

I mean, she's an actress.
Bunk Moreland
I see it more as an edgy move by someone working for the company looking up her public schedule while struggling to find her than Jason obsessing over her public schedule and giving them the tipoff. People get served in weird places.

He seems way too cool to be a guy who is tracking the movements of his ex
LeonardSkinner
TCTTS said:

I find it hard to believe that of all the ways to deliver something like that, the process service company picked THAT exact moment, all on their own.

If it was all that process service company and/or that process server… I don't care what job I need done, I want that guy.
TCTTS
AG
Except that it's very, very easy for officials to contact these people through their agents. Now, again, if she's been dodging these people already, I totally get it.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I can't quite put my finger in it.

Bunk Moreland
Right. But again I hold him in fairly high regard for Hollywood types. I just don't see him scoring a win like this given it involves his children. I think the move ultimately ended up perfect but he didn't ask for it, which makes it better.
superunknown
AG
C@LAg said:

as she is an item on my bucket list. I am team Wilde.

I would absolutely **** her ******* until it squeaked or I died of exhaustion.
bonfarr
AG
After seeing Richard Jewell I always think of Wilde as the manipulative **** journalist, I know it was a movie but I can't help it.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jeffk
AG
I bet she's been dodging the service for a bit and the company got tired of it.
Quad Dog
AG
Those poor kids.
Gigem314
AG
Read an article about him this past year (can't remember which publication) but I believe it hinted at how messy their break up was and that basically she was the one that left. Almost tied in his storyline with that of Ted Lasso. Have no idea if that's accurate. Not saying it was justified if he did that on purpose. But interesting.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.