Event Horizon Prequel

2,513 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Shelton98
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A movie about the ship when it went to hell. This needs to be made.
jeffk
AG
Just no more Sam Neil please.
Tibbers
Sam Neill is the man! What are you talking about? I'm still hopeful we see the unedited version of Event Horizon, the version deemed too graphic for audiences. I remember long ago hearing a rumor someone found a reel of it in some salt mine in Russia or something hah. Maybe it will appear one day like the lost footage of Metropolis.
CrottyKid
AG
That is the only horror/thriller film that ever really freaked me out.
HvilleAggie
AG
First and only movie that ever gave me legit nightmares.

Would totally watch another!
Dro07
AG
Eff that movie.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Nothing creeprier than Sam Neill walking backwards into the dark saying "I am home"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Freaky ass movie.
jeffk
AG
I don't want any more Sam Neil because he was bad. I don't want any more Sam Neil because his arc in that movie was freaking scary as *****
hunter2012
AG
Right up with the Shining for best horror movie made.
Tanya 93
Most terrifying movie I have ever seen
FtBendTxAg
AG
So many positive reviews here, but why is it so underrated and rarely discussed?!

One of my all time favorite movies.
Fenrir
Tibbers said:

Sam Neill is the man! What are you talking about? I'm still hopeful we see the unedited version of Event Horizon, the version deemed too graphic for audiences. I remember long ago hearing a rumor someone found a reel of it in some salt mine in Russia or something hah. Maybe it will appear one day like the lost footage of Metropolis.

Salt mine copy was not useable. Improperly stored or something. I know some people were searching for other copies but I wouldn't hold my breath.
IrishAg
I talked my sister into going to see it with another friend, but I didn't realize it was very horror and thought it was more like aliens sci-fi and explained it as such to her. She legit didn't talk to me for over a week after that, and still references going to see that movie whenever she gets mad at me.
Dro07
AG
I don't talk about it cuz it still gets under my skin
Apache
AG
Nah. To me this is like the sequel to "The Thing"
We already know what's going to happen... plot is about the same.

What we need is a movie about a platoon of Space Marines to head into the other dimension and take the fight to them. Fishburn can be the onboard advisor.
Tibbers
Seriously though if they made a movie like that with the filming techniques of Rec 2, just take my money. Make it a POV style foray into Hell, like the end of Doom.
Fenrir
Apache said:

Nah. To me this is like the sequel to "The Thing"
We already know what's going to happen... plot is about the same.

What we need is a movie about a platoon of Space Marines to head into the other dimension and take the fight to them. Fishburn can be the onboard advisor.
Umm, not sure how to tell you this but...that may be difficult to pull off with the character being dead and all.
Tibbers
Is he really dead though? Have Dr. Weir drag him into hell before the bombs went off. Baby Bear went into hell and came back alive. Sure he was ****ed in the head, but he was still alive.
Apache
AG
Yeah. Do that!!
(Can't believe I forgot he died.)
Duncan Idaho
I need to rewatch this. I don't remember it making much of an impression on me the first time
AgBQ-00
AG
I remember the movie scaring the crap out of me. I have no specific memories of it other than a sense of dread and a physical shiver when I think about it.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
lazuras_dc
AG
I watched this thinking it would be like interstellar or similar ... I was basically like WTF the entire movie.
TresPuertas
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I remember the movie scaring the crap out of me. I have no specific memories of it other than a sense of dread and a physical shiver when I think about it.

Same here. I remember almost no details about it, but every time I see it mentioned the words **** That for some
reason just pop into my mind.

Maybe it's time to revisit. Or maybe never again.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Why would Event Horizon need a prequel?

Instead, shouldn't we instead focus on the sequel set in 39,000 years in the future, in the 42nd Millennium?
HeadGames
AG
I always hear how scary it is. I'm a big baby when it comes to actual scary movies. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to watch it in broad daylight.
Tibbers
It's a movie... just watch it. And then tell us about it.
Proposition Joe
It's kind of run the full gamut of being grossly underrated (upon release it was pretty universally panned) to being grossly overrated.

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid flick -- but a lot of 90s cheese on rewatch.
Gigem314
AG
jeffk said:

Just no more Sam Neil please.
"You can't leave..."
Shelton98
AG
Never heard of it until this thread. Watched it last night.... not bad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.