*** THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL (Season 3) ***

5,461 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GreasenUSA
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Officially returns tomorrow. Over the past couple of years, this and Succession have been my two favorite shows, hands down (though they obviously couldn't be more different). I won't get to dig into season three until Saturday, but will be knocking it out every night next week. I'll then probably rewatch the entire season with my family over the holiday, as this is the only show my dad has ever binge-watched, and one of the only shows my entire family can agree on. It's just so entertaining, on multiple levels, and I cannot wait...

Duncan Idaho

She fine.
Bunk Moreland
Duncan Idaho said:

She fine.

as he said...something we can all agree on.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I am disappointed that I do not see Flynn Ryder in this preview.
Duncan Idaho
Bunk Moreland said:

Duncan Idaho said:

She fine.

I didnt say who "she" is
Bunk Moreland
Duncan Idaho said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Duncan Idaho said:

She fine.

I didnt say who "she" is

I think we all know who you're talking about by the end of episode 1.
Duncan Idaho
Good. We all agree that alex borstein is a full on hottie
Bunk Moreland
Just FYI - appears like it's out now
JetAg
AG
One of the best shows!
CapCityAg89
AG
Wife and I watched S1 last week and S2E1 tonight. Just so funny and an absolutely GORGEOUS show.
Gigem314
AG
This show has such brilliant writing! So entertaining.

Tony Shalhoub and Alex Borstein in support are outstanding. They absolutely stole the show in the S2 Catskills episodes.

Engine10
AG
Halfway into episode one of S3 and I'm convinced I could watch 5 more seasons. Writing is sharp and watching Midge evolve her act is so fun
Engine10
AG
And that's what happens when you let someone have an entire room for skirts!
TCTTS
AG
Three episodes into season three and this show continues to be pure magic, maybe more than ever. There's nothing else even remotely like it on TV.
AgShaun00
AG
I am 4 episodes in and it is fun to watch. The USO starting was awesome and Vegas is fun.
hph6203
AG
Well, that ended the way I expected. This show is absolutely consistent.
Txmoe
AG
TCTTS said:

Three episodes into season three and this show continues to be pure magic, maybe more than ever. There's nothing else even remotely like it on TV.
Totally agree. Most things we binge are dark and serious but TMMM is effervescent and always leaves me with a smile on my face. I also appreciate the degree to which the creators go to create the TMMM universe. The snappy patter of the dialogue, the amazing wardrobe and costuming, and impressive long camera takes really set it apart. Every episode looks like it was directed by Busby Berkeley.
Bunk Moreland
Season 3 was better than 2.
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't think the dad's role was very good in this season compared to the last. I think the comic role of the parents was very much a rehash of previous seasons, but overall I still love this show and think it's the best comedy around.

Nice little twist at the end, I was expecting the fallout to be immediate but they delayed it a bit for an interesting surprise.

TCTTS
AG

https://deadline.com/2019/12/the-marvelous-mrs-maisel-renewed-season-4-amazon-1202808003/
TCTTS
AG
Finally finished this season. Loved the first half, wasn't the biggest fan of the second half. Compared to the past two seasons, it just felt kind of aimless, and then all the sudden it was over. It was still of course better than most everything else on TV, but it definitely needed to be ten episodes instead of eight, and at the very least I hope they figure out a better story for Midge's parents next season, if not a way to make season four more memorable as a whole (it lacked that Catskills magic, IMO - not that we necessarily need to go back). Despite the insane production value, the story honestly just felt a little half-assed. It didn't feel complete at all. That said, I appreciate where the pieces landed in the end. There was no way they could do another season of Midge on tour with Shy, I'm over Sophie Lennon, and I'm glad the immediate family will be back in the familiar apartment setting. Not having that "anchor," setting-wise, left a bigger vacuum than I anticipated.
KidDoc
AG
I loved it overall- the issues with Suze, Shy's problems and then her getting fired at the end was a great twist I thought.

I didn't care for the Sophie or Mai sidebars for the most part but the rest was good. The commie stuff wasn't bad either.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
javajaws
AG
TCTTS said:

Finally finished this season. Loved the first half, wasn't the biggest fan of the second half. Compared to the past two seasons, it just felt kind of aimless, and then all the sudden it was over. It was still of course better than most everything else on TV, but it definitely needed to be ten episodes instead of eight, and at the very least I hope they figure out a better story for Midge's parents next season, if not a way to make season four more memorable as a whole (it lacked that Catskills magic, IMO - not that we necessarily need to go back). Despite the insane production value, the story honestly just felt a little half-assed. It didn't feel complete at all. That said, I appreciate where the pieces landed in the end. There was no way they could do another season of Midge on tour with Shy, I'm over Sophie Lennon, and I'm glad the immediate family will be back in the familiar apartment setting. Not having that "anchor," setting-wise, left a bigger vacuum than I anticipated.
That seems a fair summary. I kind of see this season as a transition of sorts in many ways. Still enjoyed it tremendously though.

Agree on 10 episodes. 8 almost isn't enough to get a proper binge watch going!
CostanzaWallet
AG
I loved the 1st season of this show but her comic monologues at house parties for some reason made me cringe so much that had to stop watching haha (not for what she was saying just the fact that someone would launch into that at a party made me so uncomfortable for some reason)
'03ag
I have the same problem. The show is great, but sometimes she's a bit much.
AgShaun00
AG
javajaws said:

TCTTS said:

That seems a fair summary. I kind of see this season as a transition of sorts in many ways. Still enjoyed it tremendously though.

Agree on 10 episodes. 8 almost isn't enough to get a proper binge watch going!
I just finished and think this is a fair assessment. It was too predictable how it would end with moms manager going off on her and how the crowd will eat her alive and then shy's manager telling her to go after Shy. I knew she would kill the set and then be done. I still think susie lost all of midge's money. I would like to see more zachary levi next season. I can see that story going somewhere where they date and then she goes too far and he can't handle her comedy. I enjoy this show a lot and love how there is nothing like it on tv.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I liked season 2 better than 3 I think.

3 sort of just bumbled along a bit. Glad they had her kicked off the tour, an European tour plus keeping up with everyone at home would've been a hard ask to do well. I wish they would've picked a different way to have her not on the tour though, seemed like a rinse and repeat of how season 1 ended. Midge says things she shouldn't have during a set when everything is going her way that causes her to lose a lot and be lost for a bit.
astros4545
AG
Annoying that a show set in the 60s still can't help but talk about Trump
JetAg
AG
astros4545 said:

Annoying that a show set in the 60s still can't help but talk about Trump
Wrong forum.

Also, out the 3rd season where are you getting that type of talk? I must have missed it.
Woody2006
AG
Super excited for season 4
astros4545
AG
The political ad read scene in episode 7

To be fair, still have finale to go
Bunk Moreland
astros4545 said:

I had to go back and watch because I was lost. Found the scene and of course remembered it was about Phyllis Schlafly. Even if there's some symbolism by the liberal show runners to hint at Trump, I think one had to be really reaching to get there.

I sniff stuff out pretty easily when it's hitting you over the head with it and that scene was so unimportant to the season I forgot it even happened until I went back to find it.
astros4545
AG
Is the politician based on a real person from the 60s?

If so, I'm an idiot
Bunk Moreland
Yes. A staunchly conservative woman. And I meant no offense. I can see now if you thought she was fictional that one could misconstrue that.
JetAg
AG
astros4545 said:

Ah, yes I remember that scene now. I never even saw that as a dig at Trump specifically.

I felt the scene showed her sticking to her convictions and not selling out for a staunch right-wing woman candidate. She has her beliefs and sticks to them even in the face of losing her paycheck/box of Karo.

Really enjoyed this season and look forward to season 4 (whenever it comes out).
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.