Star Wars Skywalker Saga Iconography Collection

7,450 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that the full trailer and final poster have been released for The Rise of Skywalker, I have a project of my own I've been chipping away at over the past few months in my spare time while rewatching each film. I had the idea to start screen capturing many of the best/most relevant stills from the Blu-rays burned to my hard drive, which became my way of processing/fully appreciating the saga in the lead-up to December. In doing so, I also assembled all the title logo graphics while scouring the internet for the highest quality posters, and then I came up with a simple, unifying design theme to bring it all together. In other words, you won't find a more accurate, higher-quality assembly of marketing materials for each of the nine films, nor will you find a collection of high-quality stills from the saga presented quite like this.

Frankly, I have no real point or goal with any of this, it just became a fun project to mess with here and there. That said, feel free to share, post to reddit, etc. I do admit, it'd be kind of fun if any of this caught on and was shared by the larger Star Wars community in some way - on other sites, social media, etc - but I'm not looking for any kind of credit. Again, more than anything, this was my own, unique way of doing one last deep dive into the saga. But if anyone is truly into any of this, once the Blu-ray for The Rise of Skywalker is out, presumably next April, I can take more screen shots and amend the Episode IX-related material more accurately/completely.

Finally, below is the link to the master, 577MB pdf doc if anyone wants the lossless, ultra-high-res version of everything. I had to compress the files quite a bit to get them presentable for web viewing...

https://we.tl/t-DJQ4EI3lnD
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

^ Waiting on the remaining posters to be released. Will repost when available.

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
And finally, a few random images I really liked, but couldn't find a place for due to various reasons...

TCTTS
AG
For anyone interested...

- Return of the Jedi was surprisingly, by far, the toughest to pull quality stills from. There are hardly any great money shots compared to the other films, each of which provided more imagery than I had room for. The film itself of course features plenty of iconic scenes, but the cinematography on the whole is considerably flatter than I remembered.

- The Empire Strikes Back, The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi were the three that had the best imagery to pull from, at least in my opinion. A New Hope was up there as well, obviously. But if I had to pick just one, it's The Empire Strikes Back. From the marketing materials to the cinematography, it's hands down my favorite.

- The prequels were interesting in that they feature some of the most beautiful establishing shots of the entire saga, along with other solid imagery here and there, but almost everything between the establishing/money shots is so flat and bland. It was real hit or miss. Attack of the Clones was the most challenging of the prequels to pull imagery from in that sense.

- Before I get any "How come you didn't show [X]?" or "Where's [so-and-so]?," trust me, I tried. It's just that imagery with a lot of detail or muted colors didn't show up well in the smaller format, while certain lighter-colored images in the bigger format weren't ideal for superimposing roman numerals. That, and while certain scenes might look good or are memorable in action, they didn't provide great stand-alone images.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
No Jar Jar.
What a racist.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.