*** The Expanse - Season 4 ***

9,344 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WoMD
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The best Sci-fi show in a generation is coming back!! This is one of those rare series where each season is better then the prior. I'm thankful Prime picked this up and saved this show. I'm hoping they can keep the story going and the intensity building. I'll cry if it burns out like GOT. Should help that there is really good book material to work with. Please mark any book spoilers for those not reading the books. I can't recommend the first 3 seasons enough to anyone looking for a new show to watch.

Premiers December 13, 2019 on Prime:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Definitely one of the better Sci-fi shows being put out right now. Can't wait for season 4.
Dro07
AG
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3046759/replies/54615672

we can make your thread the official because it has ***
FIDO95
AG
My bad dromo07. I was worried someone had posted something about it already. I obviously missed your tread when I went back a few pages. Gig 'em.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dro07
AG
Way to take my glory!

Haha just kidding but with yours having the * it's official. The new trailer looks freaking sweet and you can tell they bumped their budget
FIDO95
AG

More Expanse hype!! New trailer just dropped... loved the addition to trailer with the JFK speech!! I'm so excited to see the story continue to play out.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Here's a pretty cool article I read about a week ago, apparently they are shooting in a different aspect ratio when they are on the planet. When it switches back to space, it will be the standard one.

Have any other sci-fi's done this before?

https://www.newsweek.com/expanse-season-4-books-amazon-series-rocinante-ilus-1454120

Quote:

The new, planetary focus will be marked by a stylistic change proposed by The Expanse cinematographer Jeremy Benning. "We chose to shoot all of the stuff on Ilus in anamorphic, 2.39 to 1 it's a very wide aspect ratio," Shankar said. "So every time you're on the planet, it actually opens up, so you feel the vista is much larger. You watch the show and it seamlessly switches back and forth from 16:9 and 2.39." A widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9 has become high definition standard, while the wider 2.39:1 anamorphic format is more commonly reserved for theatrical movies.

"We're happy creatively where it went," Shankar said of the upcoming season. "We left Season 4 with just a great, fulfilling ending that kicks into Books 5 and 6."

p_bubel
FIDO95 said:

More Expanse hype!! New trailer just dropped... loved the addition to trailer with the JFK speech!! I'm so excited to see the story continue to play out.
That was pretty damn good.
NColoradoAG
So hyped for this!
hunter2012
AG
I'm currently on Cibola Burn, have I caught up to the show yet?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Cibola Burn is basically going to be Season 4, the one coming out.

End of Book 3 was end of Season 3.
NColoradoAG
hunter2012 said:

I'm currently on Cibola Burn, have I caught up to the show yet?
As long as you finish by December. Looks like Amazon will mostly continue the one book/one season approach.

Spoiler for people who havent gotten through Nemesis Games I still wonder about the scenes with Avasarala and Bobbie this season. My main theory is they are going to have those scenes fill in the time Bobbie is on Mars investigating the missing Martian military assets for Avasarala. Could be some scenes with Avasarala working with Fred Johnson and the Martians. Or maybe they just outright bring some Nemesis games scenes forward and omit Alex from the "investigation" Bobbie is doing on Mars while the rest of the crew is on Ilus.
hunter2012
AG
Sarduakar said:

Cibola Burn is basically going to be Season 4, the one coming out.

End of Book 3 was end of Season 3.

I may have to start this show then as I've read the first 3+Gods of Risk+the Churn.

Should I read Butcher of Anderson Station & Drive? or can I safely watch the first 3 seasons?
FIDO95
AG
You got until 12/13 to get it done!?! Should be plenty of time if you get sucked in the way I did. First few chapters were a little slow. However, once the poop hits the fan, it is non stop tension & action. I couldn't put it down near the end. Hope you enjoy it.
FIDO95
AG
The show focuses on the main books. You should be fine if you read the first 3 books.
Dro07
AG
Hot Damn I can't freaking wait!!!
Dro07
AG
I do wonder if this season ends with the earth getting demolished or if they save that for next season?

side note do we know if this is full season release or a weekly release?
NColoradoAG
dromo07 said:

I do wonder if this season ends with the earth getting demolished or if they save that for next season?
I dont think so. That's pretty far into Nemesis Games to pull into this season's storyline. Not to mention Amos is on Earth when that happens and his rescue of Clarissa has a pretty big effect on the 6th book.
e cartman
AG
Quote:

In the article above it says it's a full season release
FIDO95
AG
e cartman said:

Quote:

In the article above it says it's a full season release

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
*******, that trailer! cannot wait for this.
MGS
I guess Havelock won't be in Season 4 because he's too busy being a P.I. in Hawaii.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
MGS said:

I guess Havelock won't be in Season 4 because he's too busy being a P.I. in Hawaii.

Maybe that's where Bobby comes in.
hunter2012
AG
Watched the first few of S1 last night, I got to their escape on the Roci. I have highly enjoyed it so far, I'm impressed by how much they've stuck with source material so far only taking minor creative license from what I can tell. My only gripe in fact is that as S1 is a Scifi Channel show it just aint right that Chisjen hasn't sworn yet. But from the season 4 trailer I'm confident that'll change in the Amazon seasons.

I've also been impressed by Alex's Texan accent, usually hollywood way over does it on the drawl but it hasn't been over the top yet.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
hunter2012 said:

Watched the first few of S1 last night, I got to their escape on the Roci. I have highly enjoyed it so far, I'm impressed by how much they've stuck with source material so far only taking minor creative license from what I can tell. My only gripe in fact is that as S1 is a Scifi Channel show it just aint right that Chisjen hasn't sworn yet. But from the season 4 trailer I'm confident that'll change in the Amazon seasons.

I've also been impressed by Alex's Texan accent, usually hollywood way over does it on the drawl but it hasn't been over the top yet.

You know, probably my biggest gripe with the show is that Alex is pretty much the only Martian that has the Mariner Valley (Texas) accent. After listening to all 8 of the books on Audible, it's weird hearing Bobby speak with an Aussie accent.

I do love the actor they picked for her character, otherwise.
hunter2012
AG
Is Bobbie from Mariner Valley? If so I haven't noticed her accent in the audiobook...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
hunter2012 said:

Is Bobbie from Mariner Valley? If so I haven't noticed her accent in the audiobook...

Actually I don't know. It's definitely more of a Texan accent than Australian though. It's not a big deal at all, but it's just weird associating one voice to her character, and then hearing a different one on the show. One of those things I guess happens when you listen to or read a book and then watch the show.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
YouBet
AG
I stupidly have not watched this yet for some reason. I've read all short stories and am through Nemesis Games.

May watch pilot tonight!
MGS
Champ Bailey said:

Wouldn't season 4 be his last?
FIDO95
AG
Bump for the new trailer:

Not as good as the last one but still adding to the hype. Still time to catch up to all you Sci-fi fans who haven't checked out this series!!
AgDC
Review of Season 4

Most spoiler free. Just outlines the general storylines of the main characters.
bobinator
AG
Seems like the reviews are awesome.
Prime0882
AG
AgDC said:

Review of Season 4

Most spoiler free. Just outlines the general storylines of the main characters.
I'm really glad to hear the initial review/impressions are good. This book they're adapting is the one I least enjoyed in the series, but, I'll be interested in seeing how they setup future books in the series since this one has some major things that pop off.
hunter2012
AG
I'm on Nemesis Games now so hopefully I'm far enough to watch this season when it releases. It looks like it's almost all on Ilus so hopefully I'll be alright but the side plots with Bobbie and Avasarala makes me wonder...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.