***Cobra Kai Season 2***

25,321 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aTmAg
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved season 1.

Season 2 looks amazing as well.

Can't wair!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Making the main kid into the villain was really slick.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG

PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ahhhhhh, but is he really a "villain". Or is he just not a p___y?

So he doesn't hook up with Lorusso's pastie white daughter. Boo ****ing hoo.

As a certified cold blooded badass he'll be swimming in the cooch like the kid with the mohawk and hair lip.
Gigem314
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But what I love about this series is how it blurs the lines between 'hero vs. villain'. This show has a great message.

By accident, I ended up watching the last episode of season 1 first. Then went back and watched the entire season from the beginning. I'm actually glad I did, because watching the last episode by itself I thought the Cobra Kai kids were awful, and viewed Johnny the way I did from the original movie. But when I saw where they came from and how they started, it gave me a much different perspective watching the final episode the second time around.

I really like the way they've humanized Johnny and you see why he ended up like he did. You grow to really like him and pull for him (at least I did). In many ways, he has good intentions (sticking up for Miguel like Mr. Miyagi did for Daniel), and even changes his way of thinking from what he was taught...to a degree. But then at the same time he still has that 'no mercy' mindset. Yet you see him want to look out for these kids.

Then of course Kreese shows back up and that will no doubt be the catalyst that tries to pull Johnny back to being old Johnny...that and the misunderstanding with his son over Daniel. I really enjoyed that episode because you actually see Johnny and Daniel coming together and realizing they have more in common than they think (the REO Speedwagon scene was money)...then it all blows up.

And I really like what they've done with Daniel. He's still a good guy at heart, trying to learn from Mr. Miyagi's teaching all these years later. But he also has his insecurities and gets pulled into doing things that aren't of his character. He's not the boring 'perfect' hero, which is good. The whole billboard sequence was hilarious.

Then of course the doses of 80's nostalgia.

Absolutely pumped for season 2. This might be my favorite show.
Philip J Fry
AG
Gigem314 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

But what I love about this series is how it blurs the lines between 'hero vs. villain'. This show has a great message.

By accident, I ended up watching the last episode of season 1 first. Then went back and watched the entire season from the beginning. I'm actually glad I did, because watching the last episode by itself I thought the Cobra Kai kids were awful, and viewed Johnny the way I did from the original movie. But when I saw where they came from and how they started, it gave me a much different perspective watching the final episode the second time around.

I really like the way they've humanized Johnny and you see why he ended up like he did. You grow to really like him and pull for him (at least I did). In many ways, he has good intentions (sticking up for Miguel like Mr. Miyagi did for Daniel), and even changes his way of thinking from what he was taught...to a degree. But then at the same time he still has that 'no mercy' mindset. Yet you see him want to look out for these kids.

Then of course Kreese shows back up and that will no doubt be the catalyst that tries to pull Johnny back to being old Johnny...that and the misunderstanding with his son over Daniel. I really enjoyed that episode because you actually see Johnny and Daniel coming together and realizing they have more in common than they think (the REO Speedwagon scene was money)...then it all blows up.

And I really like what they've done with Daniel. He's still a good guy at heart, trying to learn from Mr. Miyagi's teaching all these years later. But he also has his insecurities and gets pulled into doing things that aren't of his character. He's not the boring 'perfect' hero, which is good. The whole billboard sequence was hilarious.

That's exactly how I watched it. Made for an interesting viewing experience.
Rudyjax
AG
Gigem314 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Great job summarizing it. It's really really really well done. I was worried about season 2, but this trailers dispelled those myths.

I also love all the flashbacks.
aggiechick
I can't wait! I told anybody who would listen to me to watch the first season. It was such a fun ride! (And my brother got me a Cobra Kai shirt for Christmas.)

Rudyjax
AG
aggiechick said:

I can't wait! I told anybody who would listen to me to watch the first season. It was such a fun ride! (And my brother got me a Cobra Kai shirt for Christmas.)

Child please.

I've had a cobra kai shirt since 2002.
chipotle
I'm concerned because of two reasons. One, it looks a little too serious. The first season was very light and humorous. Two, needs more Bert.

johnnyblaze36
AG
Rudyjax said:

aggiechick said:

Child please.

I have an authentic Johnny Cobra Kai full karate gi.

Watched the first season three times. Can't wait for 2.
Rudyjax
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Rudyjax said:

aggiechick said:

Child please.

Did you earn it?
AgPediRPh
AG
Rudyjax said:

aggiechick said:

Child please.

It took you 17 years?
AgPediRPh
AG
Can't stand that weasel Robbie and his Shawn Hunter haircut. Hope he gets his ass kicked again.
Rudyjax
AG
jjmanzano said:

Rudyjax said:

aggiechick said:

Child please.

It took you 17 years?
They weren't available until 1980s t's came out.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Rudyjax said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Rudyjax said:

aggiechick said:

Child please.

Did you earn it?
No I bought it online. I did rock it for Halloween a few years and like to wear the pants when I'm in a special party mood.

I was trying to find out who did that "Cruel Summer" remix on the trailer and it's this girl. Doesn't appear to be released as a full song yet.

Philo B 93
Holy crap. First time in my life I've ever watched a trailer twice in a row.

YouTube.....TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!
bangobango
AG
Pumped.
ApachePilot
AG
20 years ago I had the skeleton costume made for Halloween based exactly off the movie. Went to a party and when I walked in everyone yelled Johnny! Karate Kid has been a favorite of mine since I first watched I in 1984. My poor little brother still has flashbacks to my front kicking him when he sees it because I wanted to be Johnny and my brother got to be danielson

So I dug it out and wore it this past Halloween after watching season 1 and I love how little kids not knowing karate kid would say cool skeleton costume and at the same time their Dad would yell sweep the leg! I am a huge fan of this series.
Dad
AG
ApachePilot said:

20 years ago I had the skeleton costume made for Halloween based exactly off the movie. Went to a party and when I walked in everyone yelled Johnny! Karate Kid has been a favorite of mine since I first watched I in 1984. My poor little brother still has flashbacks to my front kicking him when he sees it because I wanted to be Johnny and my brother got to be danielson

So I dug it out and wore it this past Halloween after watching season 1 and I love how little kids not knowing karate kid would say cool skeleton costume and at the same time their Dad would yell sweep the leg! I am a huge fan of this series.
Congrats on being able to fit in the same outfit 20 years later.
GoAgs92
AG
I was actually taking Karate when the Karate Kid came out, I had never heard of it when all the sudden the class size doubled over night and there were a bunch of kids wearing headbands ala Daniel Larusso

I was thinking, WTF is going on until someone explained about the movie...I went and saw it, thought it was great.

all of those kids quit when they realized Karate is actually hard work that takes years and having to get your ass kicked to get better really isn't all that fun.
TMACsDaMan

Updated Trailer!

Looks like it's taking on themes from Part II
jr15aggie
AG
Just when you think there is no reason at all to get Youtube Premium...

Gigem314
AG
Can't wait!
jac4
AG
I really liked the music in the second trailer. Hopefully that means the soundtrack will be on point.

I wonder what the redemption arc for season 2 will be.

#teamcobrakai
jenn96
AG
I'm so hyped for this.
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Time for me to subscribe for a month again!
double aught
AG
jac4 said:

I really liked the music in the second trailer. Hopefully that means the soundtrack will be on point.

I wonder what the redemption arc for season 2 will be.

#teamcobrakai
Cruel Summer

Relatedly, I loved that season one featured a date at Golf N Stuff while Young Hearts played.
Another Doug
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

Updated Trailer!

Looks like it's taking on themes from Part II
After last year's trailer I predicted Season 1 would win the Oscar for Best Picture.

I am now predicting Season 2 will win the Nobel Peace Prize.

The Collective
AG
TMACsDaMan
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

jr15aggie said:

Time for me to subscribe for a month again!

damn. Guess I can't do another free preview.... wait my wife can right.

Serious Lee
cant wait, but sepinwall roasted it in his review.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

cant wait, but sepinwall roasted it in his review.
did he like S1?
Serious Lee
yes. he basically said this season is just a rehash though and the novelty is gone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.