+++ The Last Kingdom - Season 3 +++

4,313 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Madmarttigan
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had no idea that a new season was available on Netflix. This is a surprisingly good series!

I'm putting the latest season of Narcos on pause to binge watch this.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Uthred, son of Uthred.
Gregg Papivich
I don't understand how Netflix didn't promote this better. This season has been great. The pacing is way better than 2. This show is as great as GoT tbh
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Thanks for posting, had lost track of the release date for the new season.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
Ghost of Pedro Flores
AG
Destiny is all...
"But I reached into my pocket and found three tweenties and a ten... It feels so good feeling good again"
Trident 88
AG
Finished this season in 1 day, and it did not disappoint.

I think the highlight of the season was the meeting where King Alfred finally gave Uhtred the credit he was due and pardoned him.

I can only hope there will be a season 4.
Always_Right
AG
Season 3 has been excellent so far, highly recommend it.
rononeill
I'd love it if they follow up with a series on the archer. Longbows ftw.
PatAg
AG
Such a great show and adaptation of the books
PatAg
AG
rononeill said:

I'd love it if they follow up with a series on the archer. Longbows ftw.

Basically any book series he wrote would be great.
Max Power
AG
About halfway through season 1, really liking this show so far, excellent recommendation. I needed a new show, this one delivers.
AgGrad99
AG
I watched season 1.....by the time i saw season 2, it'd been so long and i needed a refresher.

Season 2 started so dang fast, and introduced so many character/threads, I got lost quickly. Couldnt remember what all was happening....so I gave up.

That happen to anyone else?

I need to go back and start this one over, because season 1 was really good.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I watched season 1.....by the time i saw season 2, it'd been so long and i needed a refresher.

Season 2 started so dang fast, and introduced so many character/threads, I got lost quickly. Couldnt remember what all was happening....so I gave up.

I just binged 1 and 2 together a couple of months ago, and now three is out, so I got kind of lucky.

It's great though.
PatAg
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I've read the books and I still did that.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Are the books as good as the show? Any major differences? (I don't need to make a separate thread, do I?)
rononeill
Watched S 1 and 2. Then S 1 of Vikings. While I kind of feel like Ragnar could take Utred one on one, I feel like "kingdom's" tactics would blow "Viking" tactics out of the water. You don't call "shield wall" then charge. This is basic stuff.

Therefore Kingdom is the better show.

Though way hotter talent on Vikings.
PatAg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Are the books as good as the show? Any major differences? (I don't need to make a separate thread, do I?)
the show does a really good job of following the books for the most part. The books actually have better action, but I'm sure thats a budget issue
PatAg
AG
rononeill said:

Watched S 1 and 2. Then S 1 of Vikings. While I kind of feel like Ragnar could take Utred one on one, I feel like "kingdom's" tactics would blow "Viking" tactics out of the water. You don't call "shield wall" then charge. This is basic stuff.

Therefore Kingdom is the better show.

Though way hotter talent on Vikings.
I did really enjoy the first couple season of Vikings, they cast great actors too
AgGrad99
AG
I still really enjoy Vikings.
Vernada
AG
PatAg said:

Such a great show and adaptation of the books
FYI - just finished The Last Kingdom (book 1) on audible.

By far one of the best audio performances I've ever listened to. Jonathan Keeble as the narrator is just terrific for this book.
PatAg
AG
All of his historical book series are great, someone recommended them on one of the giant book threads a couple years ago. Glad they did.
Gil Renard
AG
Love this series! Just discovered it recently. On season 2 I had no idea how good this is so glad I started it
Gil Renard
AG
How would y'all compare this to the last frontier
HarveyBirdman
AG
I. Love. This. Show.

Just discovered this thread. I binged S1&2 last year and finished S3 about a week and a half ago and was wondering how popular this show is and if people realized how good it is. I recommend to any and everyone that I can.

My wife doesn't wven know the name of the show. Aje just calls it "Uhtred son of Uhtred" because thats all she hears before walking out of the room hahaha

Cannot wait for S4!!!
cadetjay02
AG
Finally finished season 3. Maybe it's just me, but I was disappointed that there wasn't any bewbs this season. Is it coming back for a season 4? Ending looked like it could have been it.
Aggie Infantry
AG
A little disappointed in the ending...
ja86
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Finally finished season 3. Maybe it's just me, but I was disappointed that there wasn't any bewbs this season. Is it coming back for a season 4? Ending looked like it could have been it.
Episode 9 was the best episode of all I think. They wrapped everything up in ep 10 quickly. They concluded Alfred to Edward transition and all the main stories but left it open just in case there is another season. Edward (some say that it was really aethelflaed his warrior princess sister) is the one the unifies all into England so there is lots more stories to tell.
cadetjay02
AG
I would like to see Uhtred and her make some little warrior babies if there is a season 4. Or just a couple episodes of her topless, either is fine.
hunter2012
AG
I will say Uhtred's catharsis with Alfred was some of the most moving moments of a show that I've ever seen. I'm glad they didn't do some plot twist with guards rushing in or some confrontation of some sort. That was about 2 seasons of strife that paid off.
PatAg
AG
There is plenty of potential story left to cover in the show if they want
bemroli123
Just finished S3. Great season. And found this information on S4:
https://twitter.com/TheLastKingdom
FL_Ag1998
AG
Nice! Thanks for the good news.
chick79
AG
Started watching last night. Loving it!
aggieactor01
AG
hunter2012 said:

I will say Uhtred's catharsis with Alfred was some of the most moving moments of a show that I've ever seen. I'm glad they didn't do some plot twist with guards rushing in or some confrontation of some sort. That was about 2 seasons of strife that paid off.
Really great scene for sure. And a favorite moment in the entire series.

I thought they could have stretched this season into another epidsode or two. I agree it crammed a lot in the last couple of episodes. Perhaps change some of the pacing in the early episodes to pace the end better. I'm sure it had to do with budgets.

This is one of the few shows that I have truly binged as quickly as I was able. They do a nice job of ending the episodes at a point where you don't want to stop watching so you can see what happens next.

Very glad Season 4 has been approved.

Destiny is all!
Madmarttigan
AG
I just binged all 3 seasons in like one week.

Very good show and the end of season 3 between Uhtred and Alfred was perfect, really kind of brought a perfect resolution on a lot of the annoying aspects of their relationship the first 2 seasons.

Fantastic so far though I am sad I already finished.

This show really flew under the radar for me and they should promote it wayyyy more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.