RIP Harry Anderson (Harold T Stone on Night Court, Harry the Hat on Cheers)

3,375 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agproducer
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
Sad to hear.

God I'm getting old....everyone I watched on tv as a kid is dying.
mrsbeer05
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Damn. Loved Night Court. Harry was great, but Dan Fielding will always be one of the best TV characters of all time IMHO.

T&P to his loved ones.
oragator
One of my favorite shows, this one sucks.

But he was only 65.
Do you regular Night Court viewers remember a distinct male laugh in the studio audience? Maybe it was canned because it showed up in multiple episodes.
AG
I believe I read that laugh was one of the writers or producers. Guys name was Reinhold Weege if that is how it was spelled. I believe Dan Fielding's name was Reinhold.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Damn. RIP.

Loved his character on Cheers too. The episode where he and Coach out-con the conman is a classic. And of course Night Court was one of the best things on TV.
Harry Stone
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

Damn. Loved Night Court. Harry was great, but Dan Fielding will always be one of the best TV characters of all time IMHO.

T&P to his loved ones.

AMEN. Dan Fielding was the best sitcom character of all time.
oragator
Yelnick McWawa said:

Damn. RIP.

Loved his character on Cheers too. The episode where he and Coach out-con the conman is a classic. And of course Night Court was one of the best things on TV.
One of my favorite cheers scenes.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Damn.

So many memories of this guy growing up
mhayden
Night Court
Cheers

Also was one of the grown-ups in the original 'It' miniseries.

Didn't remember Dave's World, but apparently he played Dave Barry in a series that lasted 4+ years?
Liquid Wrench
I was going to look for a Harry the Hat clip on youtube as soon as I saw this thread.

Quote:

Didn't remember Dave's World, but apparently he played Dave Barry in a series that lasted 4+ years?

Based on Dave Barry's writings, though he didn't officially play the real Dave Barry himself. The set up was kind of like Everybody Loves Raymond, mostly set in the writer's home.
mhayden
Ahhh, gotcha. The only thing I know about Dave Barry is that on a family trip down to Port Aransas when I was a kid my mom was laughing out loud every 5 minutes reading Dave Barry Turns 40 to the point that we had to tell her to stop reading.
oragator
Hey Nav
AG
Sad to hear this.

Loved Night Court. It had a very "Barney Miller" feel to it, which I liked also.

Enjoyed Dave's World, too.

Judge Stone was not a fan of Barry Manilow, and loved Mel Torme

RIP
Muy
AG
Such a great show. Watched this back in college and can't recall if it was already in syndication but feel like we watched it all the time.

Edit: Wow, it ran from 1984 - 1992 with 193 episodes!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
During the original "heydey" of NBC's Must See TV lineup, "Night Court" was my favorite.

I really didn't appreciate "Cheers" until a few years later, I disliked "The Cosby Show", Michael J. Fox was the only good thing about "Family Ties", but "Night Court" was right up my alley. I really loved that absurd kind of humor and the whole cast was just nails.

I think the last time I saw Anderson was in that 30 Rock episode where Kenneth brings part of the cast back to finish the wedding scene that never happened because the show was cancelled.
Tanya 93
He was so underrated.

My son discovered him on YouTube looking for magicians. Asked me if I knew who he was. Told him yes.

He really liked his magic clips and wanted to see him.

Better let him see Penn and Teller while he can.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
oragator said:

God I loved the Wheelers!!

There was one where they were incubating chickens or something and it exploded. Bob's description of it freaking killed me. Something along the lines of "blood curdling peeping". Brilliant!!
Van Buren Boy
AG
I hope he was embraced by a velvet fog
schmendeler
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Better let him see Penn and Teller while he can.

they were good
petey88

Favorite episode of Night Court,...The Red Ranger

policywonk98
AG
Loved Night Court as a kid.

As already said, also such a great character on Cheers.

Surreal to now be older than most of the actors and actresses of Night Court and Cheers during their show runs.

65 is young. My parents are 69 and still working fulltime. Really makes you appreciate the time we get.
MaroonStain
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

T&P to his loved ones.
This poster knows truth.
oragator
Yelnick McWawa said:

There was one where they were incubating chickens or something and it exploded. Bob's description of it freaking killed me. Something along the lines of "blood curdling peeping". Brilliant!!
Aggie12B
AG
used to watch night court and cheers all the time.

RIP HARRY
MooreTrucker
AG
free_mhayden said:

Ahhh, gotcha. The only thing I know about Dave Barry is that on a family trip down to Port Aransas when I was a kid my mom was laughing out loud every 5 minutes reading Dave Barry Turns 40 to the point that we had to tell her to stop reading.
I had the same reaction when reading Dave's Guide to Guys. LOL at every page.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
oragator said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode over the years and the Wheelers are friggin' funny! As goofy as he was, Harry played what resembled a straight man with great skill amongst the chaos around him. He was wonderful on Cheers as well. The world has lost just a little magic with his passing.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
oragator said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Yes! Thank you!
ApachePilot
AG
digging tunnels
AG
Is Night Court ever on syndication anywhere? I just have Comcast
annie88
AG
Very sad. Are used to love night court. And I agree the Dan fielding character was also masterful on it.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
superunknown
AG
digging tunnels said:

Its on Laff tv. Check your local listings, etc. Where i live its a subchannel on a local station and i get it with an hdtv antenna.
agproducer
AG
superunknown said:

digging tunnels said:

Its on Laff tv. Check your local listings, etc. Where i live its a subchannel on a local station and i get it with an hdtv antenna.
I checked the Laff TV schedule and a Night Court will be on from 1-7p on Saturday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.