Is anyone still watching The Blacklist?

5,587 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Goodson
marble rye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's absolutely terrible. I've given it several chances to grab me back, but it is a far cry from the first couple seasons.

SeattleAgJr
I superscan each episode in about 8 minutes.

yes, dumb.

at least tonight was sort of interesting, as far as the outcome goes.

but I am dropping it as of today. not invested in it for years, I was just keeping up until they admitted the Red/Keene relationship, and then I wanted to see who killed Tom.

So now I am out.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The first few seasons were pretty good. Interesting plot, a bit of mystery, good music and Red is a good character. But after awhile it just got boring lost itself
jabberwalkie09
AG
Stopped after last season. The show lost its shine/ intrigue once it confirmed what we knew. About the only reason I watched last season was because of Spader.
TXAG 05
AG
Still watching, but my interest goes down each week. Should have ended it a couple seasons ago. Guess I missed what caused the head injury to Liz. The guy punched her and she fell down and all of sudden has a massive head injury?
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Such is the case with far too many American TV shows. the ****ty-ass networks dont want to shut off their money train, so shows continue WELL past their expiration date. story lines get stale. new, crappy characters get added. they try gimics (like Live episodes) to shake things up and unfortunately, people stay glued to it bc they have already invested 2,3,4,5+ seasons of their life. i am guilty of this bc I want to see how it ends, not bc the show is still good. Just wish we would have more limited run series. I know we are starting to see more of it, the anthology-type series and so on, but would be completely fine with more. Just tell a story and be done with it. No need to drag it out over 6 or 10+ seasons.
BEaggie08
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Such is the case with far too many American TV shows. the ****ty-ass networks dont want to shut off their money train, so shows continue WELL past their expiration date. story lines get stale. new, crappy characters get added. they try gimics (like Live episodes) to shake things up and unfortunately, people stay glued to it bc they have already invested 2,3,4,5+ seasons of their life. i am guilty of this bc I want to see how it ends, not bc the show is still good. Just wish we would have more limited run series. I know we are starting to see more of it, the anthology-type series and so on, but would be completely fine with more. Just tell a story and be done with it. No need to drag it out over 6 or 10+ seasons.
He is talking to you, The Walking Dead.
bac
AG
nm
MaroonStain
AG
I will agree with first couple of seasons are great. I stopped watching after Elizabeth was kidnapped for the 3rd or 4th time or whatever it was. Show jumped the shark when Red shot cleaner lady.
chick79
AG
Stopped watching after last season. No point to the show anymore.
lunchbox
We watch via DVR when nothing else is on. We did watch the fall finale yesterday and I feel like they cut a scene.

Tom calls Liz and tells her to go to the house and he will meet her when it is safe (to me, that means he will be watching and show up after she gets home). Then, he talks to Red and leaves the train station.

Then, she gets home and he is already being held captive. For a while I thought it would be revealed that Tom called the bald guy with the glasses and it was all staged. Shrug.
schmendeler
AG
still? the pilot was dumb.
swimmerbabe11
Oh no. I just started watching on netflix and liked it a lot. This is a bad omen.
MaroonStain
AG
The first few seasons are awesome but then the show hits the skids of boring repetition between the main characters.
justcallmeharry
S
Nope. Another series goes bad.
Mr. Rhythm
Is anybody still watching in the current season?
Jackal99
AG
Yes. I can't help myself. I still had it set to record but didn't know it was coming back. When I saw it had recorded a few episode, I watched. I can't help it.
Mr. Rhythm
Jackal99 said:

Yes. I can't help myself. I still had it set to record but didn't know it was coming back. When I saw it had recorded a few episode, I watched. I can't help it.
I just binged the first seven seasons on Netflix.

It does get repetitive, but dammit, I'm committed now.

ETA: The one thing I did really like was how they revealed Mr. Kaplan is a lesbian in explaining how she earned her name. As opposed the usual Netflix BS where they shove it in your face and make you watch several scenes to ensure you're aware of her sexuality, the relationship is mentioned and we see them being intimate, but no gratuitous scenes just because representation.
Jackal99
AG
That's why I'm still watching. Because I'm committed. And I want to see how they finally wrap this mess up.
C@LAg
Jackal99 said:

Sine poena nulla lex
Mr. Rhythm

I just hope if they decide to do another half-animated episode, they consult with Pixar or someone who knows how to do actual animation, so it doesn't look like a GTA rip-off.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
I'd like to see Red shoot and kill Liz. She's the most useless, clueless broad on network TV.
Psychag
AG
Started watching it. In season 4. Love this show.
Mr. Rhythm
SeaHoss said:

I'd like to see Red shoot and kill Liz. She's the most useless, clueless broad on network TV.
I think she's going to end up taking over Red's empire, it's how they'll squeeze another season or two out of the show.
Jackal99
AG
Mr. Rhythm said:

SeaHoss said:

I think she's going to end up taking over Red's empire, it's how they'll squeeze another season or two out of the show.

And then in 20 years, they revive the show with her passing it on to Agnes.
Belton Ag
AG
So Red is actually Liz' mom, right? She had a sex change and became Raymond Reddington.

That's what I have my money on if they finally get around to revealing it.
Mr. Rhythm
Belton Ag said:

So Red is actually Liz' mom, right? She had a sex change and became Raymond Reddington.

That's what I have my money on if they finally get around to revealing it.

Well, it IS 2020, so you never know.
duck79
AG
They tried to hard to make you think Red was M13 so I doubt he is.

I'm the same as the poster above. At this point I'm committed and am going to watch it thru.
Prosperdick
AG
I remember the jump the shark moment I quit the show....the episode where Ressler was hypnotized into thinking he had killed someone or some nonsense. It was ridiculous.
Charpie
AG
I feel like I missed something.

What happened to the sister?
I thought Reddington was in the suitcase and Liz was gonna get the imposter?
Mr. Rhythm
The real Reddington is in the suitcase.

Liz thought the imposter was Ilyas, his mother's friend.
Charpie
AG
So she just dropped trying to figure out who James Spader is?

I'm in it for the long haul, but I don't know how much more this story can go
CoachRTM
AG
Anybody still watching with me? It's my favorite "so bad that it's good" show on TV right now.

This week's episode was ..... something.

Season 8 finale next week, and if you want spoilers, there is a casting change that was published about a change for next season.
C@LAg
they should have used this season to wrap it all up and end it.
Unemployed
AG
CoachRTM said:

Anybody still watching with me? It's my favorite "so bad that it's good" show on TV right now.

This week's episode was ..... something.

Season 8 finale next week, and if you want spoilers, there is a casting change that was published about a change for next season.
I've watched it this far so might as well finish it. I was hoping that this would be the last season.

I hope they kill off Liz. Terrible character played by a terrible actress.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.