Comic-Con 2017 Trailers

7,460 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CrazyDayDuck
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A few of big trailers have already debuted as Comic-Con officially kicks off today, and you can expect some even higher profile trailers to come later in the week (especially Saturday). Check below for specifics, and feel free to post any - film or TV - that I may miss...

THURSDAY, JULY 20

FRIDAY, JULY 21

SATURDAY, JULY 22

jabberwalkie09
AG
I already figured I would watch Bright, but that looked pretty damn good.
TCTTS
AG
It does look surprisingly fun/good. Then again, so did Suicide Squad, and this is the same director.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I finally got around to watching Suicide Squad, it was every bit the **** show I thought it was going to be based on the previews.

I think Bright has that this is its own thing and not part of a larger universe going for it, and it's not the DCEU being compared to the MCU. We will see come December though.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The director and Will Smith were not the problems with Suicide Squad. Quite the contrary.
TCTTS
AG
The director of Suicide Squad was also the writer of Suicide Squad. David Ayer is 100% to blame for that movie's problems.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sure, but so does the studio to some degree iirc. Wasn't the change in tone to make it more humorous a studio requirement/request?
TCTTS
AG
The story was sh*t regardless of tone. That movie was flawed to its core, from conception. I really do believe WB did what they did to try and save it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

The story was sh*t regardless of tone. That movie was flawed to its core, from conception. I really do believe WB did what they did to try and save it.

The entire DCEU has been a **** show, since conception. Suicide Squad was just par for the course.
BTKAG97
AG
TCTTS said:

It does look surprisingly fun/good. Then again, so did Suicide Squad, and this is the same director.
End of Watch was pretty damn good.
BTKAG97
AG
As bad as Pacific Rim was I'm mildly excited for the sequel.

http://www.gojaeger.com/learn/
jabberwalkie09
AG
It has me interested, but I said the same thing about the first one's trailers.....
Noblemen06
AG
BTKAG97 said:

TCTTS said:

End of Watch was pretty damn good.
So was Fury. SS was a dud, nonetheless.
MW03
AG
I think I might've been the only person in America outside of GDT's mom that kind of liked Pacific Rim
wangus12
AG
Guilty. Its huge robots fighting monsters. I enjoyed the hell out of it
hunter2012
AG
MW03 said:

I think I might've been the only person in America outside of GDT's mom that kind of liked Pacific Rim

We're not a large group. I went in with super low expectations, all I wanted was big robots fighting big monsters and cartoony characters and I was not disappointed. In fact I thought it was an exellent popcorn flick, I was entertained all the way through...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
wangus12 said:

Guilty. Its huge robots fighting monsters. I enjoyed the hell out of it
When the huge robots were fighting monsters, I was enjoying the hell outta that movie.

When the huge robots weren't fighting monsters....not so much.
Sex Panther
AG
Pacific Rim 2 is going to be laughably bad. Like straight to video borderline SyFy original bad.
MooreTrucker
AG
I have heard anything about Krypton prior to seeing that trailer. Looks interesting...

Inhumans does not, mostly because I'm not familiar with that group in the comics. And a guy who can't speak don't sound like particularly good TV.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Cullen Bohannon gets to scowl more, and speak less.

What bothers me is that the production looks kind of cheap when compared to Agents of Shield or Agent Carter.
Sapper Redux
MW03 said:

This captures it perfectly:

schmendeler
AG
of course ramsay has to be another bad guy.
TCTTS
AG
I haven't watched this show in years, but this trailer is apparently "epic"...

wangus12
AG
So they plan to end the series via Rick awakening from a coma? It was all a dream?
Gregg Papivich
TCTTS said:

It's gotten so terrible... I basically watch it still because I've invested so much time And just want to see them finish it
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
It looks good, it has Amy Acker in it, the effects look good, and it's going to be on Fox...
TCTTS
AG
I just can't get even remotely excited for network dramas anymore. They all look like crap to me, including this one.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well it's on Fox, so it'll be cancelled after one season.

Really this looks like it belongs on Freeform.
maca1028
Gregg Papivich said:

TCTTS said:

It's gotten so terrible... I basically watch it still because I've invested so much time And just want to see them finish it
Couldn't have said it better myself.
AMW2010
AG
What's crazy to me is that the music in the WD trailer is from a percussion ensemble that I've played before... I was watching and like was like wtf at the same time... don't feel like they go together... and totally confused by the ending with old man Rick in bed...
rhutton125
AG

4 weeks
Xiuh
That walking dead trailer was "epic" at the con? It switches between deep thoughtful speeches and funny events that I can't take it seriously. I luckily stopped watching it consistently when I gave up cable.

Ready for the Defenders but Jessica Jones punches look so awkward haha.
Sex Panther
AG
I like that the first action scene in Defenders is Iron Fist punching a lady in the stomach
TCTTS
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.