Leftovers season 3

28,945 Views | 287 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NASAg03
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So been googling can't seem to find a premiere date, just that filming happened/happening in Australia.

If there is no premiere date does that mean they aren't intending to release it because it is unfinished or out of contract?
Professor Frick
AG
I don't know for sure, but my bet is if they are filming, it will come out eventually.
20ag07
HBO never schedules premiere dates more than a few months out. This one is only 6 episodes, so they'll just slot it somewhere random to get desired timing for one of their main events.
Quinn
AG
Don't have a link, but the third season will be the final season and it will be 10 episodes. No premiere date yet.
TexasAggie008
AG
Love this show.....its in Tier 1 of TV shows for me, but I know I'm in the minority

Can't wait to see how it ends...as much as I love it, 3 seasons is probably appropriate to not push things.
spanky
AG
You aren't the only one
BallerStaf2003
AG
Can't wait. Second season was some of the best television I've ever seen
TexasAggie008
AG
quote:
You aren't the only one
Yeah, I've met a few others that like it too, but many appear to bail sometime during season 1 because its too depressing and/or slow (their words, not mine).

I went in knowing that and wasn't bothered by either of those things....its very "heavy" at times, but probably makes you feel more than maybe any show on TV.
AggieHank86
AG
Having read the book, I had no problem with the tone of the show. It is interesting the way the show has expanded beyond the concept of the book. I look forward to S3.
TexasAggie008
AG
Does anyone expect

a) Explanation as to why the departure happened
b) Some/all of the departed returning
c) A second departure

More than likely, I see this ending with a resolution of this set of characters' stories, and nothing more....but very curious to see how macro level they get into the event itself
Quinn
AG
quote:
Does anyone expect

c) A second departure

More than likely, I see this ending with a resolution of this set of characters' stories, and nothing more....but very curious to see how macro level they get into the event itself
No to all three, but especially an explanation - just listen to the theme song.

I don't even think it will be a resolution of their stories necessarily. I expect it to be a "life goes on and you deal with it" type of ending.
TexasAggie008
AG
oops wrong thread
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Does anyone expect

c) A second departure

No to all three, but especially an explanation - just listen to the theme song.

I don't even think it will be a resolution of their stories necessarily. I expect it to be a "life goes on and you deal with it" type of ending.
The event is irrelevant. It is the impact and reaction on the characters that is relevant.
Both the author and the producer have stated there will be no explanation for the event. Ever.

Also, the third season ahs not even started filming, so it will be a while before it airs.
TCTTS
AG
Echoing an above post, HBO usually doesn't announce premiere dates for their next wave of shows until their current run of shows is airing. As an example, The Night Of, Vice Principals, and Ballers all debut on July 10th and 17th, but those dates weren't announced until right before Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, and Veep all premiered this year. HBO's summer run should end around Labor Day, and at that point either The Leftovers season 3 or Westworld season 1 will debut. Both are currently filming, and I'm almost positive they'll save Westworld for early 2017. So I'd expect the final, 8-episode season of The Leftovers to debut sometime in September, and for that to be announced in the next four to six weeks or so.
Quinn
AG
TC - are you hearing that it will be 8 episodes instead of the 10 it was for season 1 & 2? I'll take what they give us, but it would be nice to have those two extra episodes.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it's been confirmed as eight.
TCTTS
AG
Welp... I was completely wrong on nearly all fronts...

http://theplaylist.net/hbos-westworld-troubled-no-network-confirms-fall-debut-20160526/

I assume this means they're saving the final season of The Leftovers for 2017.
TexasAggie008
AG
Bump

April 16

Most under rated / top 3 show on TV. Can't wait to see how it ends
Bunk Moreland
I keep wondering how the series will end, but I guess I'll just...let the mystery be.
TexasAggie008
AG
Rewatched some of season 2...I think I'm 4 4ps in, and theres been at least 4 Australia references so far

claym711
AG
Incredible show. Can't wait to see how it ends.
TexasAggie008
AG
4 hours
tylercsbn9
AG
Boring episode. Not much happened
ellebee
God this show is so outstanding. I'm going to miss it.
Bunk Moreland
So that ending...
Sex Panther
AG
So y'all are saying if I stopped after season one I should pick it back up?
TCTTS
AG
Absolutely. Season two is next-level. One of the best seasons of TV in the past decade or so. And this is coming from someone who almost quit season one.
Bunk Moreland
I'm one of those who loved season 1 so I'm probably not the right candidate to say pick it back up, but I'll say it anyway. Pick it back up. Season 2 was one of the most oddly amazing seasons of TV I've ever watched.
mazzag
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

So that ending...

I'm lost. Too many interruptions and the intro lost my attention. I don't get the ending.
et98
AG
The show sort of re-set after season 1. It all ties in together and it's the same show..but it's extremely different at the same time. While it centers on the same central characters in season 2, 75% of the characters are different and the setting is different than season 1.

And as everyone else said, season 2 was absolutely wonderful, and season 3 seems to have gotten off to an excellent start as well.
SeattleAgJr
mazzag said:

Bunk Moreland said:

So that ending...

I'm lost. Too many interruptions and the intro lost my attention. I don't get the ending.
Nora met up with the 9th iteration of Doctor Who, got a ride in his TARDIS, went back in time to learn how to train carrier pigeons, then came back into the present many years later (now older) after converting to Catholicism and is an undercover secret agent for the Schwinn Bicycle Corporation, an international multinational conglomerate that has taken over the world to save it from Global Warming by convincing everyone to ride bikes. And use carrier pigeons.
Quinn
AG
So do we think the ending was:

A: a flash forward to decades later?

B: alternate universe?

My wife thinks it's an alternate universe, but I figure it's just a flash forward (especially since that a LOST specialty).
SeattleAgJr
Quinn said:

So do we think the ending was:

A: a flash forward to decades later?

B: alternate universe?

My wife thinks it's an alternate universe, but I figure it's just a flash forward (especially since that a LOST specialty).
The present. It is the rest of the show that are flashbacks.
The D
AG
This was the most positive episode I've seen on this show by far. Nothing was close. For 35 minutes. It made you happy.

Then you get -

1) a guy killing himself by choking on a bag
2) a protest with people getting rocks bashed in on their heads
3) a guys brains being blowout after he went crazy
4) the dude who went crazy about dogs having a dog eat his evidence
5) girl leaving his husband with the kid. Forever
6) people think the guy is jesus and he fights them
7) jesus second wife from 30 years ago is spotted at a produce market.

I like this show a lot, but I knew it was about to change super hard after being so happy early.

The D
AG
Another reason to like season 2 is that is it set in Lockhart (fictional type place that's where they filmed it). I was doing work in that county when they were filming and saw the crew at a lot of the BBQ places. Seems like season 3 so far at least is in the same setting.

Season 2 was a 9 out of 10. Season 1 was a 6. Season 2 was way way better and this season looks great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.