Raiders of the Lost Ark

5,082 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Humorous Username
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took my youngest (8 years old) to see this at Cinemark tonight and am pleased to say that there was not an empty seat in the theater for this showing.

From the reactions of the crowd, this may have been a first viewing for many. I'm glad that theaters show these classic movies and I'm glad that many people take advantage of seeing these films on the big screen. It may be the first time for many, or, like me, haven't seen it on a big screen in decades.

Seeing this film (one of the greatest of all time) on the big screen in an enthusiastic and packed theater with my boy just really made me happy.
AgLaw
AG
I did the same thing with my youngest s couple of years ago. The one and only thing that doesn't hold up is the special effects on the face melting scene. Otherwise, that movie is perfect.
FtBendTxAg
AG
One day I'll get around to watching the Indiana jones movies
titanmaster_race
You've got yourself a gawdamn partner
Wes97
AG
Love these classic movies being replayed. I've hit the Maltese Falcon, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the Ten Commandments over the last couple of months. I hope this is an idea that keeps going.
TCTTS
AG
Love hearing this! Makes me want to take advantage of screenings like this more often.
Corporal Punishment
AG
I did this with my son two years ago. I hadn't seen it on the big screen since 1981. It's absolutely my most favorite film.

Damn near got emotional over it.

Needless to say he loved it.
chipotle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG

Asps, very dangerous. You go first.

One of my favorite movies of all time. I'm glad another generation has the opportunity to see it on the big screen.
oragator
quote:

Best part about that scene is that it was ad-libbed. Was supposed to be a big sword fight and Ford was running a high fever, so he just shot the guy. Spielberg kept it.
aTmAg
AG
He ran it by Spielberg before he did it. I think the sword fighter and the crowd were surprised though. I think it's funny how the sword fighter just rolled with it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Yeah, there was a whole fight scene choreographed, with the whip and everything.

Ford was sick that day, so they just did this instead and movie history was made.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I believe the Hollywood legend says he had dysentery that day.
The Collective
AG
Ford's two greatest moments as an actor are when he just straight up shoots his adversary.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Ford's two greatest moments as an actor are when he just straight up shoots his adversary.
Are we forgetting? (Also ad-libbed)

citizenkane06
AG
Glad to hear that people are still enjoying this.
MGS
My all-time favorite movie.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
How does one get through life to this point without having seen any Indiana Jones movie? Do yourself a massive favor and get the BluRay discs and watch them immediately.

The best of them, by far, are Raiders and the Last Crusade. These two movies are among my top 5 all-time favorites. I love the interaction between Ford and Connery and The Last Crusade. Great movie.

The Temple of Doom is about as good as The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with Doom holding a slight edge, I suppose, given the lack of the Transformers doofus. Although it does include the highly annoying Chinese kid, so I don't know.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
Took my youngest (8 years old) to see this at Cinemark tonight and am pleased to say that there was not an empty seat in the theater for this showing.

From the reactions of the crowd, this may have been a first viewing for many. I'm glad that theaters show these classic movies and I'm glad that many people take advantage of seeing these films on the big screen. It may be the first time for many, or, like me, haven't seen it on a big screen in decades.

Seeing this film (one of the greatest of all time) on the big screen in an enthusiastic and packed theater with my boy just really made me happy.
Kudos!

Back in 2012 the AMC Theater in Sugar Land had an all-day Indiana Jones marathon. I went because I rarely pass up the opportunity to see old favorites on the big screen. This was in September 2012, which normally finds me nowhere near a theater because of Aggie football ... but that was the day the Ags blasted SMU on the road.

I also did something like this at the Katy Cinemark recently when they showed Jaws one night. Lots of people in the theater that night. And it was great to finally get to see that one on the big screen - my parents would not let my 8-year-old butt see that one when it came out in '75.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Would do these triple features anytime:

Original Star Wars Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy (Skulls doesn't count)
Back to the Future Trilogy
Btron
AG
quote:
Would do these triple features anytime:

Original Star Wars Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy (Skulls doesn't count)
Back to the Future Trilogy
Hell yeah! Add Wayne's World, Ace Venture/Dumb and Dumber, Sandlot, Tommy Boy, and Rudy. That was my childhood.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Mighty ducks and air bud.
OceanStateAg
AG
A few years back Cinemark showed "The Godfather"... not a seat to be had and everyone loved it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 in a theater would be awesome.

QUACK. QUACK. QUACK.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

Raiders and Last Crusade are the only two worth watching. Two movies is not that big a time investment, and those two really are amazing.
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 in a theater would be awesome.

QUACK. QUACK. QUACK.

Wes97
AG
Looks like my local theatre has a Kubrick double header this week, closely followed by Dazed and Confused, and then On the Waterfront. Good times this month at the local Cineplex.
ro828
I know this will be counted as heresy, but during the last big chase I completely lost interest in what was happening and probably would have left a few minutes later if I'd been by myself. The first part was great, awesome music, but at least half an hour too long.
Bruce Almighty
AG
My local theater is showing Sandlot right now.
Humorous Username
AG
quote:

Asps, very dangerous. You go first.

They're digging in the wrong place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.