Ben-Hur remake trailer

4,527 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cr0wbar
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Presley OBannons Sword
not enough black people.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To me, this looks like Ben Hur made in the style of all these throwaway, overly CGI'd sword and sandal flicks of the past few years like Gods of Egypt and Clash of the Titans.

I get a distinct feeling of genericness and over-production. I hope I'm wrong.
SeattleAgJr
I AM SPARTACUS!

looks like garbage
Duncan Idaho
Good god that looks ****ing horrible
95_Aggie
Bird Poo
AG
The book was incredible.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Stupid
aggie93
AG
Trying to remake one of the best movies of all time with Charlton Heston in his best performance was doomed to fail.

Might as well and try and remake Gone with the Wind.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watch, they'll remake The Godfather next with Nic Cage as Vito and Shia Labeouf as Michael.

Or maybe they'll go black and go with Freeman / Michael B Jordan.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Watch, they'll remake The Godfather next with Nic Cage as Vito and Shia Labeouf as Michael.

Or maybe they'll go black and go with Freeman / Michael B Jordan.

Vote it down
Gig-Em2003
AG
I imagine Morgan Freeman had a hard time keeping a straight face while delivering some of those lines in that ridiculous wig.

Massive fail here. No name actors. Huge budget with terrible CGI. Good luck to whoever made this thing.
Duncan Idaho
He just dusted off his moore costume from prince of thieves
AGnBCS
AG
I'm pretty open to live and let live and if a buck can be made then make it buttttt..

This is a movie that the original is a preserved archived movie and the remake is an 11 time academy winner.

I'm at a loss after seeing this trailer what's next a remake of Lawerence of Arabia?

Lastly the beauty of this story is twofold the finding of faith forgiveness and redemption.

And that hate can keep a man alive but love can make him live for something .

I fear this will not make it into this retell.
MichaelJ
AG
Morgan freeman with dreads and a turbin? Count me in
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Who told all these CGI artists that, whenever you show ships at war on the sea, it HAS to be in stormy weather? Does nobody ever sail on a nice sunny day? Awful and cliche.

This is doomed to fail because the climactic finale seems to be the chariot race. Watch the chariot race from the Heston film: it's perfect. Intense, well directed and it feels real because it WAS REAL. Real horses, real stuntmen, real danger. This is CGI crap.

And I love how about three-quarters in, the people cutting the trailer realize "Oh yeah, Jesus is in this! Better throw in a shot of him on the cross but only for one second. Don't want anyone thinking this is Risen 2 or some other Jesus film."

Only thing this film didn't have was a shot of Montgomery Burns giving some water to Ben Hur.

Heston's film is one of the most epic films ever made. This one shouldn't exist.
Deputy Travis Junior
Currently at 30% on RT. The consensus seem to be that it's overly CGI'd, weighted down by a bad script, and Huston, despite having a name that differs from Heston's by only one letter, is nowhere close in acting ability.
Zemira
AG
quote:
Trying to remake one of the best movies of all time with Charlton Heston in his best performance was doomed to fail.

Might as well and try and remake Gone with the Wind.

Do not give them any ideas! If they try to remake Gone with the Wind it will be some SJW wet dream and pervert the whole book and original story so that they are patting themselves on the back.

Ugh just the thought makes me want to puke.
VanZandt92
The trailer showed the whole movie.
Aggies76
AG
So they actually put Jesus in this? I thought for sure they would have left him out.

Ben-Hur may be my favorite movie of all time. I don't think I can bring myself to watch this remake.
TXAG 05
AG
It was beat out by Suicide Squad, Sausage Party and War Dogs with a whopping $11.4 Million
ce1994
AG
I like it. Of course there was slight modification they made from the original that made it appear that Ben Hur had it coming to him.
jrod2181
I went to first showing on Saturday morning so for 5.49 @ AMC with reclining seats it was worth the price of admission
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The trailer showed the whole movie.
You could see the whole movie for the past 60 years.
Satellite of Love
I remember seeing something about it where they were excited that the stadium with the chariot race was full size and real! Too bad it looks mostly fake in the trailer. That is great you built something but in the end you ruined it with too much CGI makeup!!!
wesag
AG
quote:
I remember seeing something about it where they were excited that the stadium with the chariot race was full size and real! Too bad it looks mostly fake in the trailer. That is great you built something but in the end you ruined it with too much CGI makeup!!!

Looked pretty fake to me.
captkirk
AG
Trying to remake Ben-Hur is suicide. That being said, I enjoyed the movie.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Trying, to remake... Ben-Hur is.... suicide. That being said, I, enjoyed... the movie.

Fify, Captain.
cr0wbar
AG
Saw it Monday with my Autistic BIL - it was painful
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.