Nook Color vs Kindle Fire

753 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Agz_2003
Hulla Baller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do yall like and dislike about each one? Which one has the best features?
La Fours
AG
I have a Kindle Fire. A big plus to me is the streaming video content that Amazon has available. Plus, since I am an Amazon Prime member, there is a lot of free movies and tv shows I can watch on my Fire.

Reading is good on it. My wife has read more than me with it, while I'm the only one who uses it to surf the web really. I will say that the web browser does have issues when trying to "click" on links some times not registering the finger press. But it's minor and not a huge issue.
Redstone
AG
We have a Fire. Good with Prime, not the greatest without it. One disadvantage is no external volume control, but the battery life is good and Amazon is very responsive to any problem or confusion with the device. You can tell they are really trying to push these as a delivery means for their content.
PetroAg87
AG
For those who might not be aware, the Nook Color now supports Netflix streaming. I have watched several movies on it and the sound and picture are pretty good.
Sbisa04
AG
Compare their app stores. B&N can't touch Amazon's. Also, for some reason all the apps they do have alike are typically 1-2 dollars more expensive. Weird. Really enjoy the Fire.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I have a Kindle. Using some decent headphones works very well to watch videos, music, etc..
For the money it's a great device.

Losman
AG
With the Kindle you also get 5 GB of free space on their Cloud Service, you have 2 speakers instead of the one on the Nook and despite it having less memory you can actually use 7 of the 8 GB on the Fire while on the Nook you only get 1 GB out of 16 for non-B&N content.

Amazon Prime is awesome for the online content as well as 2 day free shipping.

My only real beef with the Fire is the lack of an external audio control but since I use head phones most of the time its no big deal.

Well worth the $200!!
SlobberKnock
AG
I think they are close. I happen to have the Nook Color and what I like is the ability to do the microsd overload on it. Basically turning it into an android tablet. You have access to the android marketplace which pretty much nullifies any proprietary marketplace you use. The really nice thing about it is if you want to go back to the native nook just pop it out of the micro sd slot. You can buy a microsd preloaded with andriod for around 35.

As for the Nook itself it has netflix, email app, and other apps if you need them. The Nook color is around 199 and the Nook Tablet is 250. The Tablet has higher rated specs than fire but you can't do the microsd thing on it...yet....
Hulla Baller
AG
I meant the nook tablet. I apologize.
ro828
I'm happy as can be with my Kindle Fire. Its biggest advantage over their other models is having a lighted screen. If you read late at night, that's a definite advantage.
Agz_2003
AG
nook tablet.

*very nice, crisp screen color.
*physical volume button
*more memory than the kindle fire - has slot for additional 32 GB microSD card
*More RAM

Don't like:
*less apps than Fire
*Costs $50 more than the Kindle Fire

Comparison Matrix from B&N:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/compare-nook-tablet-vs-kindle-fire/379003173/

[This message has been edited by Agz_2003 (edited 1/26/2012 7:51a).]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.