Urban Cowboy

5,819 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by houstontexan
HighPlainsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm watching Urban Cowboy. In the scene of the prison rodeo in Huntsville, the band is playing "The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You". Although the movie came out in 1980, the predictive value was "well ahead of it's time" when it came to the tu football team.
davyedoc
Diamond Geezer
Bud, you and Sissy live like pigs.
ELGINAG
AG
My laigs are sweatin,momma.
Bullmoose
AG
I like to watch that movie so I can see an open space on a Houston freeway.

[This message has been edited by Bullmoose (edited 1/13/2008 12:11a).]
radrogmar
Great one liners or I am a loser. Pop them tiddies... This one as well: I got a thumb, I got a middle finger.
Scantron882
AG
"Look sissy I bought you a trailer"
p-wonk01
AG
I forgot how hot sissy was
strbrst777
Some good songs came out of that movie. Other than that it was an incredibly seedy and stupid movie.
WestTexasAg
AG
You know how to two-step?
Yep.
Wanna prove it?
PSully97
AG
"A contrary to what you or your daddy think. All cowboys ain't dumb. Some of 'em got smarts real good...like me."
- Bud
hammer11
That song was very realistic if you are from south houston or pasadena from that time period.

It came out while I was in the service and when I saw it I was amazed at how close to the real deal it was.
Kjodie
"Sissy, i apologize clean back to the first time i hit you"

-Bud

I.Y.A.C.Y.A.S. '91
BRP
Good Ole Boyz
rbtexan
S
if you think the movie was bad, you should've seen the Broadway version....Urban Cowboy The Musical
GeorgeBailey
AG
that movie is like a car wreck...I can't help but watch it when I come across it. I love the one liners. I have a couple of friends from the Pasadena area and they hate that movie. The "other girl" is hotter than Sissy too.

How football related? I think we used to recruit that area heavily.
hoostin46
KingAgWhami
AG
quote:
the predictive value was "well ahead of it's time" when it came to the tu football team.

We need to watch this kind of talk because it's going to end up biting us in the ass. That is, if it hasn't already.
OlArmy85
Why the hell Bud, who probably is a t-shirt teasip fan, throws Pam the rich chic and hotter of the two, away for Sissy??

You guys know that the two women that Bud nails in the beginning are Jerry Hall, and her sister.

Bring back ax handles.
TexAgs07
My, my full name is Buford Uon Davis, but nobody calls me Buford 'cept my Grandmother, and she's half Indian. My initials are B.U.D., it spells Bud.
TexAgs07
"I have to tell you something, remember when you came home from ridding on the bull that first time and the trailer was all clean and flowers around; I didn't do that, Sissy did it, she was there."

Nothing better than having a clean trailer and flowers!
MaroonStain
AG
Oh, Pam!!! <drools>
Sensei John Kreese
Bud: When you gonna take me home and rape me?
Pam: When ever you're ready!

Pam: Daddy does oil and all that implies.

Bud: Let's got to Gilly's. It'll make you feel better.
Sissy: 'Kay.
Aust Ag
AG
The "hotter" girl is Mick Jagger's ex, Jerri Hall.
cb84
"Hey Tattoo! You see this here? That there's a wedding ring. That means we're married. She's mine, okay."
- Bud
dreyOO
Sissy: I brought ya some coffee.
Bud: Get me a beer.

Sissy: Bud, if they smell beer on your breath at work -
Bud: JUST GET ME A BEER!

Sissy: Yessir.
HollywoodBQ
AG
A hit by Johnny Lee, the Pride of Santa Fe (Alta Loma), Texas.

I was Lookin' for Love ...

I got your less than six degrees of separation right here. Not to mention connections to Pasa-git-down-dena.
Apache
AG
Boss
"You know what a gopher is?"

Bud
"Go for things.... or it could mean you're an animal."

Boss
"Well around here they're on the same level"
ro828
There were parts of the movie I liked- great soundtrack- but it could have been better. Bud's uncle was the most interesting character, and he got written out of the story way too early.
Joan Wilder
AG
"SIssy, I'm stubborn. And I'm prideful. And I want to apologize clear back to the first time I hit you."

LMAO. That movie has the best one-liners. If it comes on a Sunday afternoon I'm done. I have to wait until the wedding at Gilley's so I can hear Sissy say, "I aint got no stockin's on" and "Mamma, my legs are sweatin'" and then it's just settle in til Scott Glenn puts on the mesh shirt.
HtownAg92
AG
That movie did irreparable damage to Houston's national reputation. Tell someone from out of state that you are from Houston and you may get asked if you have ever ridden a mechanical bull, wear cowboy hats every day, etc. You have to tell people that (1) the movie was set in Pasadena, not Houston, and (2) it is not a documentary. That said, the movie is hard not to watch and enjoy.

"Bud, you're drunker than Cooter Brown!"

"Pick it up"

Other than playing Chevy Chase's wife on "Funny Farm", I don't really remember Pam being in much else. What a waste.
Hello Newman
The misery of living in an unairconditioned trailer in the parking lot of Gilley's in Houston (Pasadena, which is closer to the coast) would be terrible. Mel Gibson's trailer in Lethal Weapon looked more comfortable.
Bobby Ewing
AG
"I'm gon kill that som *****."
JR Ewing
AG
Greatest viewing of this movie was at the Post Oak Mall movie theater when they played old movies (1997-1998). They showed Urban Cowboy and 3 friends of mine and myself attended to find an empty movie theater except for a high school kid in charge of closing. He told us we could refill our Cokes which would give him time to clean the other theaters. Little did he know that we possessed a large bottle of Jim Beam. It was the greatest movie I've ever been to. Too bad that place closed down...=( But it was a great memory...
EllisCoAg
AG
I approve of this thread, great movie.

quote:
Now, you gotta learn something - there are just certain things a girl cain't do.
Sissy: Name one.
Marshall: I can name serval, pissin' on the side of a wall, gettn laid while your pants are still on...
Sissy: Why would you want to?

JT had a great 3 year run, Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Urban Cowboy, all while being a Sweathog

[This message has been edited by geno (edited 1/15/2008 8:54p).]
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.