People Earning Big, Spending Big, and Saving Big

1,654 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by jwoodmd
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surprised all these people with A&M diplomas know so many living check to check. My best friend and Corp roommate is a CEO of a medical company in Dallas. He has a big house, a vacation home in Florida, and has money to burn.

Our fifth year neighbor and former Animal A friend Is the President of the defense division of an Aerospace company. Big house in Highland Park, kid go to private school, and multi million dollar house on Cedar Creek. He could warm his fireplace with stacks of money and not even feel it.

My two best friends in new Braunfels are also Aggies. One is a VP of a tech firm in San Antonio, The other is a partner in a commercial HVAC company. They both have second homes as well and plenty of cash in the bank.

My main fishing buddies both own their own businesses and run boats that cost more than my first house with no boat payment.

Anyone else have rich friends that are fun to hang out with
Ragoo
AG
Yeah but you live on the wrong side of the river to claim NB as residence. You are basically Sattler rich.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

Unfortunately no. It's lonely at the top.
Claude!
FIDO*98* said:

Hell of an assumption.
sonnysixkiller
AG
You sound a little snobbish. Did you read what you wrote before you hit post?
FIDO*98*
AG
When I was growing up and noticed people with nice things, I simply looked at that person as successful. If they had something that I thought one day I might like to have, I might even try to emulate them or learn from them.

If people have nice things today, It's almost 100% assumed that that Person is living paycheck to paycheck or in debt. Nice house = must have folding chairs inside. Nice car = must be a lease or upside down on payments. Nice boat = must have a 20 year loan. Amazing vacation = can't afford to pay for college though

jwoodmd
sonnysixkiller said:

You sound a little snobbish. Did you read what you wrote before you hit post?
He doesn't on his recipes so why would this be any different.

GAC06
AG
This is a weird recipe
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fido's ridiculously inflated ego apparently spreads beyond his own home now to people he knows.

Here's some attention.
AgsMyDude
AG
Glad your buddies got a lot of covid stimulus money.

Must be nice.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Sounds like you like to ride others coattails because you have none of your own.
Hoosegow
Real rich people don't flaunt their wealth.
Eliminatus
AG
Who let you out of the kitchen?
GAC06
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Sounds like you like to ride others coattails because you have none of your own.

How would someone ride their own coattails?
Buford T. Justice
AG
What were their majors/degrees?
FIDO*98*
AG
My friend that's a CEO was PPA. Worked at one of the big firms before moving to NYC and cut his teeth in finance

Animal A friend was Ag Systems Mgmt. He is the one that flew under a lucky star and got on with a small company that grew to a big company and he was able to ride the tide on the way up. That said, he worked his tail off the entire way to get where he is now.

Tech VP was Management. Worked his way up starting as a Tech recruiter

My buddy that's a partner in the HVAC company was industrial distribution.

jwoodmd
FIDO*98* said:

My friend that's a CEO was PPA. Worked at one of the big firms before moving to NYC and cut his teeth in finance

Animal A friend was Ag Systems Mgmt. He is the one that flew under a lucky star and got on with a small company that grew to a big company and he was able to ride the tide on the way up. That said, he worked his tail off the entire way to get where he is now.

Tech VP was Management. Worked his way up starting as a Tech recruiter

My buddy that's a partner in the HVAC company was industrial distribution.

And he took the bait (hook, line, and sinker) to keep on bragging about "knowing" people and somehow attaching their accomplishments to him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.