Another bike prank on campus

3,701 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Turf96
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Borrowed from elsewhere.

These pranks of putting bikes in high places are getting out of hand.

Does the fire department charge for bike retrieval service?

agnerd
AG
Looks like the firefighters are looking for an excuse to play with their toys. Completely unnecssary to bring out the ladder truck for that. Just go up to the roof of one of the buildings with a rope, tie it onto the end of the cable, and slowly lower the bike to the ground.
Spicy McHaggis
AG
Does that mean they sell drugs in that building? Are we not throwing a pair of shoes over power lines anymore?
maroon barchetta
Spicy McHaggis said:

Does that mean they sell drugs in that building? Are we not throwing a pair of shoes over power lines anymore?

Is that what the shoes means?
Hwy30East
Yes
Eliminatus
AG
agnerd said:

Looks like the firefighters are looking for an excuse to play with their toys. Completely unnecssary to bring out the ladder truck for that. Just go up to the roof of one of the buildings with a rope, tie it onto the end of the cable, and slowly lower the bike to the ground.
Username checks out.
hbc07
AG
It's just a prank bro.
Smeghead4761
maroon barchetta said:

Spicy McHaggis said:

Is that what the shoes means?
Unless you're on an Army base. Then it means someone completed their enlistment.
Scruffy
AG
I'm impressed
maroon barchetta
It is pretty impressive.
B-1 83
AG
Probably the Deltas. I heard they had the medical school cadavers delivered to the alumni dinner one time.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Gunny456
AG
That is standard protocol in most departments that have the equipment. Why? Because they are required to do the best procedure that would be the least apt to cause damage or injury.
If they went up on the roof and did it your way and the rope slipped or broke and the bike ended up hitting someone the lawsuits would be horrendous.
I would not have known this either but nephew is a firefighter for HFD.
StinkyPinky
AG
Scruffy said:

I'm impressed
This is where I'm at. An eye catching prank that took some critical thinking and execution that didn't result in a dead farm animal. Bravo.
malenurse
AG
agnerd said:

Yeah, it's stupid. Don't ever bring it out to practice using it. Only use it during life threatening emergencies.
Stupe
S
malenurse said:

agnerd said:

Yeah, it's stupid. Don't ever bring it out to practice using it. Only use it during life threatening emergencies.
Training is stupid.

Don't you know that?
Aggie95
AG
All is good until something causes that bike to fall on a car or person.
StinkyPinky
AG
Rumor on campus is its an elaborate prank that is non-student. Maintenance/University getting in on the action? Clearly roof access is required which is pretty heavily alarmed.
maroon barchetta
StinkyPinky said:

Rumor on campus is its an elaborate prank that is non-student. Maintenance/University getting in on the action? Clearly roof access is required which is pretty heavily alarmed.

What makes you think the roofs are alarmed?
AggieArchitect04
AG
Very skeptical doors to the roof are alarmed. They may have a door contact so maintenance can see it on their BAS, but not an alarm.

I went to the roof of Langford routinely without incident.
Scruffy
AG
I don't know of any roofs that were alarmed.
maroon barchetta
Scruffy said:

Rotunda on Academic.

Maybe O&M?
StinkyPinky
AG
maroon barchetta said:

StinkyPinky said:

Just what my two kids told me who are Juniors and Seniors there. Take it at face value but is what they said.
maroon barchetta
StinkyPinky said:

maroon barchetta said:

StinkyPinky said:

Just what my two kids told me who are Juniors and Seniors there. Take it at face value but is what they said.

They are wrong.

HTH
Scruffy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Scruffy said:

Rotunda on Academic.

Maybe O&M?

Sorry...yes.
Academic is.
So is bell tower
I forgot about those.
62strat
AG
agnerd said:

Why have an apparatus if you're not gonna use it?
Hagen95
AG
TWSS
Turf96
So all the low rent folks they let in A&M has caused kids to have to park their bikes four floors off ground to keep them from getting stolen?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.