Happy St Paddy's Day

2,730 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IIIHorn
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

An L of an Ag
AG
Started it drunk and I'm sure it'll end that way! Building in some recovery time tomorrow afternoon though.

Edit for drunk typing vs autocorrect
AliasMan02
AG
Myspace was peak social media. You kids don't even know. Getting an image posted to your wall like that was awesome.
The Fife
  • Maybe I should get back on MySpace just for fun
  • Taking most of the day for PTO
  • That's a good thing because there's all kinds of work to be done around the house
  • Game night is over here tonight, nothing gets you to really clean the place up quite like a couple dozen people coming over

May you gain resources people actually want instead of just more sheep!
Claude!
Indeed.
maroon barchetta
Hopefully a busy day ahead. Got a list of chores and errands I would like to accomplish.

Brackets are busted. Aggie basketLOL, amiright? So much for the "we should have been a 5 or 6 seed" talk.

Would really like to go see The Winery Dogs tomorrow night but don't see it happening at present.

Thankfully the storms last night weren't severe. Guess I should check the rain gauge.

That plane thread on the Aggieland board has been one of the more interesting threads on that board in a long time. The GB should take note!
maroon barchetta
How are you feeling?
Pirate04
AG
Starbies
Wearing green
Shoulder injection, fingers crossed this gives us the diagnosis
Be productive
Need to do my taxes
Dreading next week
Claude!
Continued improvement, thanks. Was able to get a jog in last night, which is nice.
Anchorhold
-humming "the peanut butter box is here"
-happy birthday irish2.0
-say "yeah"
-start making plans for alabama and florida trips
-Texas sunrise >>> other sunrise

May you gain resources people actually want [which is] just more sleep!*

Uncle Howdy
S
Grocery shopping
Basketball watching
Food eating
jetch17
AG
- sup buttholes
- rain & cold has me inside all day
- quiet time while my crew goes out carousing
- venture out for cantina lunch?
- crank up some tunes and crank down
- later gaywads
BaitShack
AG
Off today, but am going to figure out INDEX MATCH, X-Lookup, and IFERROR.

I'm trying to come up a little. /Tropic Thunder
AliasMan02
AG
- Up early to get headlight bulbs changed out at Walmart
- My Walmart auto center closed
- Now at another
- Gonna listen to my audiobook while I wait but it's stressing me out. Things not going well for the Jedi.
- Do some work on my day off after this

Hurray it's Friday, I guess.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
AND you could have music on your page.
Claude!
Am I the ******* here (spoiler: no)?

Had a package that was supposed to be delivered via USPS a few days ago. It gets stuck in "out for delivery" for a couple of days, then reverts to "ready to be picked up" at the local post office annex. Pain in the ass, but I go over there, arriving at about 9:22. There's an outer door that sets off a doorbell, then, in the waiting room, an inner door made of wood with a top half that opens (currently closed). There's a sign that mentions the doorbell and says someone will be with me momentarily.

I wait for ~5 minutes and nobody is coming, though I hear people in the large room beyond, some relatively close. So I knock on the door and make the generic noise people make when they want to politely let people know they're present (shuffling feet, coughing, etc.). Ten minutes of that off and on, and I knock a little more forcefully and (politely) shout hello through the door. Nothing, and now there's a line behind me, so I take the next logical step and call the annex's number - I can hear the phone ringing, but nobody springs to answer and the call ultimately disconnects.

At about the 28 minute mark, I escalate further. I prop open the outer door so the door bell is continually ringing and I pound on the door three times pretty damn hard. That gets the attention of a whole hell of a lot of people. A lady opens the partition and tells me they're short-staffed, then a dude comes up and takes over, asking me what do I want. I try to remain polite and say I need to pick up a package and been waiting about a half hour. He says that no I haven't been waiting a half hour, but that another guy will help me. As the other guy steps up, yet another guy rolls up and asks who pounded on the door. Since only two people fit in the waiting room, and the other option is a small Hispanic woman, it was clearly me and I say so. He starts inspecting the door as if I had caused significant damage and says in what I presume to be a threatening manner, "Don't damage my door." I ignore him, since I know that the only reason they opened the door was because I made a nuisance of myself.

Upshot - still don't have the package; dude who was told to help me (who was very nice and professional) couldn't find it. I don't expect to see it, and I wouldn't be surprised if more of my mail continues to go awry.

So, am I the *******? Clearly not.
Tatem
yes, yes you are
maroon barchetta
Got an offer for free tickets to Alterbridge and Mammoth WVH at 713 Music Hall tonight.

I don't know the music of either really. What do you think? Are they good live?
maroon barchetta
Tatem is wrong. You are not the *******.

It's USPS. Newman is the best employee they have ever had. They absolutely do not care. And they knew they could make you wait out there forever and there is nothing you can do about it.

And everyone is short staffed now. Airlines. Restaurants. Hospitals. Educational institutions. Grocery stores.

It isn't some built in excuse for employees to sit back there and have social hour, but they act like it is.

Your package might be gone forever.
Tatem
maroon barchetta said:

I didn't even read it. it was too long
maroon barchetta
Tatem said:

maroon barchetta said:

B-1 83
AG
  • Rotator cuff surgery postponed on Monday due to ear infection. Now 3/27
  • Got cash for my remodeler to start on bathroom and kitchen
  • Tuna sandwich and Miss Vickie's jalapeño chips for lunch
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Claude!
Tatem said:

maroon barchetta said:

TL;DR - USPS customer "service" is questionable. At best.
jetch17
AG
Ventured out - green sauce & margs count for st paddy's, right?
not hedge
Irish food
chiken
AG
I am wearing green by accident only but I'm working from home so no one cares. Do y'all care?

I love my telework days. I've finished my laundry, put the dishes away, cleaned kitchen counters, taken the trash out, changed the sheets on my bed, and it's not even noon in Colorado. All I have left to do is clean my bathroom and vacuum.

I'm really looking forward to slothing this weekend. Well, actually, I'm kind of hoping to find a new place to walk outdoors. Today will be miles #92 I've walked since 2/2/2023. Huzzah!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Pirate04 said:

Starbies
Wearing green
Be productive
Need to do my taxes
Dreading next week

Not a doctor but it makes more sense to me to know the diagnosis before agreeing to an injection…
Pirate04
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

Pirate04 said:

Starbies
Wearing green
Be productive
Need to do my taxes
Dreading next week

Not a doctor but it makes more sense to me to know the diagnosis before agreeing to an injection…

This is TMI but my Ortho wasn't convinced that it's a tear. If the injection helps, then it confirms it is. I've been in pain since 2016, if an injection helps that I'm all for it. I need the definitive diagnosis for the VA though.
713nervy
AG
- Finished and submitted the proposal about an hour ago. Sent an email to the chain informing that it was done. Signed the email, "Let's never do that again." Referring the the crazy last minute behavior with too many cooks in the kitchen.
- Everything is a mess. Everything. It's hard to stay in my lane when the effectiveness of every other dept impacts my ability to do my job, which literally pays their salaries.

Gonna go scream into a pillow so that I can then enjoy the rest of this BEAUTIFUL day outside.
chiken
AG
Who did you decide to where on your shirt?
jetch17
AG
Soooo sounds like the new job was a good decision? Or nah?
713nervy
AG
Mark Cuban. Not historical in the traditional sense but the only criteria offered to me was "historical person" so I went with mi amor. I'm prob going to be "unavailable" for the shoot anyway. Full body 'headshots' with a face tshirt and blazer? Super cute idea but HARD pass.
713nervy
AG
jetch17 said:

Soooo sounds like the new job was a good decision? Or nah?

Too early to tell if the CEO's walk matches her talk. She needs me to force the changes necessary to evolve. I need her so I can learn how to do it with finesse and patience. Therefore TBD.
jetch17
BaitShack
AG
I was just walking Jake and decided to pop into the corner store. A customer in the store decided to have words with me about bringing a dog in the store. I didn't play along, de-escalated, and left. End.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.