Unsubscribe loophole

1,767 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Hideyowives
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At the bottom of each marketing email is an "unsubscribe" link. I click this expecting that I'll never receive an email from these people again.

But sometimes it takes me to a page that says "You have been unsubscribed from news emails" or something like that.

No. I don't want any emails from you. How is this not a loophole? Can they just put "You have been unsubscribed from marking emails that begin with the letter J" and then keep emailing you?
AggieArchitect04
AG
Mark it as spam?
Tatem
delete the emails?
Anchorhold
Congradulations. You have just confirmed that you actively read and open this email address. You have been promoted to a higher level of subscriber and your address will be sold again. Would you like to try our new EXTRA BIGASS TACO?
TequilaMockingbird
AggieArchitect04 said:

Mark it as spam?
this
rhoswen
AG
I've often wondered how much my district makes selling our work emails to advertisers.
The Dirty Sock
Use "unsubscribe" in your filters. You're welcome
Drawkcab
The Dirty Sock said:

Use "unsubscribe" in your filters. You're welcome

Brilliant! Give this man something impressive and expensive!

hbc07
AG
Anchorhold said:

Congradulations. You have just confirmed that you actively read and open this email address. You have been promoted to a higher level of subscriber and your address will be sold again. Would you like to try our new EXTRA BIGASS TACO?
They already do that through the images imbedded in the emails.
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
bmc13
AG
congratulations, you are now subscribed to cat facts. did you know that cats can't taste sweetness?
Hideyowives
Did you know cats are obligate carnivores? Feeding them kibble is like feeding ice cream to a diabetic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.