Which AirPods should I get

1,404 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieArchitect04
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ran over one of my AirPods yesterday. I can get another pair of gen 2 for 100 or the gen 3 for 150. Is the 3rd gen any better? I do like that the stem is shorter so I could wear while shooting my bow
Eliminatus
AG
Get the Pros. Game changers. Zero exaggeration
TXAG 05
AG
Agree on the pros.
Rlw16
Pros 100%
GarlandAg2012
AG
Bad timing. New pros drop 9/23. If you can wait, get those. Otherwise get a cheap pair and then get the new pros when you can.
tandy miller
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Bad timing. New pros drop 9/23. If you can wait, get those. Otherwise get a cheap pair and then get the new pros when you can.

Sounds like pro it is… I can wait, I still have one working AirPod
BadMoonRisin
AG
tandy miller said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Sounds like pro it is… I can wait, I still have one working AirPod
LeisureSuitLarry

Get these. You won't regret it.
concac
AG
Are you dead set on getting AirPods because it's Apple or are you open to other brands that are just as good but less expensive?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
If you're worried about $50 I think I've got an old Walkman in the attic you can still use to tune into the radio. I'll even through the cassettes in as a bonus.

*Earpiece foam not included.
tandy miller
AG
RealTalk said:

Are you dead set on getting AirPods because it's Apple or are you open to other brands that are just as good but less expensive?

I do like the way that they interface w my phone, computer etc and like the design (some stem vs just an ear plug shape that makes it look like I'm talking to myself), but I would be open to alternatives. Have heard good things about the raycons (sp?)
concac
AG
tandy miller said:

RealTalk said:

I do like the way that they interface w my phone, computer etc and like the design (some stem vs just an ear plug shape that makes it look like I'm talking to myself), but I would be open to alternatives. Have heard good things about the raycons (sp?)
Might as well stay with the AirPods since you like the seamless integration with your other Apple devices.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pros for sure. The noise cancellation is awesome
Leeman
LeisureSuitLarry said:

Get these. You won't regret it.
Great for running, but the sound quality has a little to be desired for everyday use.
Pirate04
AG
I hate my Pros but I have the first Gen. I may try out the newest ones when they're released.
tandy miller
AG
What do you not like about them?
Pirate04
AG
The right one started going out like 6 months after I got them. It started making a whistling noise at first, I'm not able to wear them while biking because the wind makes it worse. Planes also make it worse, so I use my Bose headphones exclusively while flying. More recently, the right one makes almost a static-like noise almost constantly.

More so, I never thought the noise cancellation was that great. And it's my fault for never taking them back to Apple when I first started noticing issues.
AggieArchitect04
AG
I had the whistling/buzzing issue as well. Super annoying.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.