Corporate Party Swag

3,407 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Wonderer
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the best corporate party swag you've received for attendance at an event? Not necessarily something branded, but just in general.
Girthquake
My secretary in a French maid outfit.
The Wonderer
AG
aggiejef8888 said:

My secretary in a French maid outfit.
Anchorhold
Best: small mp3 player before iPod nano came out

Favorite: personalized carhartt coat with a random wrong name
histag10
AG
Michael Kors wallet.

My mom got it at a party, gave it to me. She got a Michael Kors wallet from a different party the year before and didnt need another one.
lunchbox
Nice JBL Flip 4 bluetooth waterproof speaker. Was around $120 when I got it...you can get it for $80 now.
tandy miller
AG
Not a party favor but got a 100 qt yeti with our rig's logo on it once
FJB
aglaohfour
AG
My first job after A&M was with a major sporting goods retailer and every year at our annual meeting, all the corporate office employees would get a duffel bag from Adidas or Nike filled with shoes, clothes, and other fitness accessories/equipment. One year the bag included an iPod nano and another year we all got a Garmin GPS (now you know how old I am). Not a single thing was branded with the company's name. Ever since then I've been disappointed with any swag I've been given and now that I employ people personally, I always give them gifts that they'll actually use and appreciate instead of branded junk.
Anchorhold
aglaohfour said:

(now you know how old I am).

Username checks out
azul_rain
Meryll Lynch gave me a nice polo
LupinusTexensis
Patagonia puff jacket. With hood. I still wear that thing 7 years later.
JimShorts
AG
Leatherman
Unemployed
AG
hedge said:

Meryll Lynch gave me a nice polo
They should've given you free spelling lessons instead.
azul_rain
Autocorrect
Aggie95
AG
president of company owns a Bundesliga team.....got us all jersey's with our name on it.
EFE
AG
75" Samsung LED TV
Cramp00
I've received some great jackets and shirts. Unfortunately they all have my company logo so I give them all to goodwill. Im not a corporate billboard.
Leeman
Macbook Air M1.
HeightsAg
hedge said:

Autocorrect
Yeah right, Meryll isn't a word whereas Merrill is. Sad that you had to actually bypass autocorrect to misspell the name of your company.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Aggie95 said:

president of company owns a Bundesliga team.....got us all jersey's with our name on it.

The only thing worse than grown men wearing jerseys is grown men wearing jerseys with their own name on them.
The Fife
Open bar at the party was the best swag ever.
azul_rain
I don't work for them
Aggie95
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Aggie95 said:

The only thing worse than grown men wearing jerseys is grown men wearing jerseys with their own name on them.

I don't wear it. I handed it to my kids.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Used to work for a firm that threw a legendary Christmas party. Included round trip airfare for you and spouse, lodging at 5 star hotel, all transportation, and enough premium booze at the open bar during the party to kill an entire company of the Red Army with alcohol poisoning.

Another firm gave out Yeti cups with their name etched into it. Not the crazy out of town party but still a good one. Another did an Under Armor technical shirt with their name screened on it.

The worst stuff is off-brand crap with some firm or company logo on it. It's like, "yeah, thanks for the knock of AirPods that fit inside of your embarrassingly small marketing budget. I'm sure if they work at all, they'll break in a week."
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Aggie95 said:

So you work for Red Bull?
Aggie95
AG
no. It's a private company. He purchased FC Augsburg years ago.
Gigem_94
AG
Friend of mine worked for the Rangers the year they had the all star game (95), and they gave the employees large blue duffle bags with all star logo and an item contributed by every major leave team with their logos - such as mug, baseball cards, balls, portable radio, etc. She got an extra and gave it to me. Still have a few items and use the bag all of the time even if a bit worn out.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Won a yeti at a commercial real estate convention. Company raffling it was actually out of Mississippi I think, but when I dropped my business card I noticed the person running it was wearing an Aggie ring. Chatted her up. Recent grad first job out of college. Last day of the convention I get a text I won. Pretty certain home cooking involved.
TyHolden
AG
aglaohfour said:

My first job after A&M was with a major sporting goods retailer and every year at our annual meeting, all the corporate office employees would get a duffel bag from Adidas or Nike filled with shoes, clothes, and other fitness accessories/equipment. One year the bag included an iPod nano and another year we all got a Garmin GPS (now you know how old I am). Not a single thing was branded with the company's name. Ever since then I've been disappointed with any swag I've been given and now that I employ people personally, I always give them gifts that they'll actually use and appreciate instead of branded junk.
congrats...

Gilligan
AG
Post ERP implementation party at the original Killen's steakhouse. Before they moved to their current location. That was epic!

The tip was over $2k

For owners / managers that buy stuff for your employees and put company logos on it or even worse project names / dates. It will be used sparingly or not at all. It ends up in the trash, goodwill or the back of the closet. Very few will put it into the regular rotation to be worn. Read some of the posts above about buying thoughtful / useful gifts for your employees.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Aggie95 said:

this is

Gilligan
AG
That's hilarious! So much fail.
ORAggieFan
They had Maui Jim setup with a bunch of glasses and people to help you choose best ones for you. Still wear mine regularly.
MouthBQ98
AG
SWAG has only one meaning to engineering types and it has little to do with parties.
Corn Pop
More yeti coolers than I know what to do with. I just give them away at this point. Wife gets jewelry and spa days as appreciation gifts from my company. Leather briefcase. Tv once. Grill once. Gold with personalized engraved money clip. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.