Hot or not?

10,818 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Anchorhold
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The shipment of all of my family's possessions en route from Houston to Utah.

Geralt of Rivia
S
That plunger has me all hot and bothered

/Human
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
wait, so all your stuff burned up?

You might be the only TexAger worse off than me.

Congrats!!!
AliasMan02
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

wait, so all your stuff burned up?

You might be the only TexAger worse off than me.

Congrats!!!

Yes, all 18,000 lbs of it. Anything for the attention I desire!
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Dude that totally sucks.

How did this happen?

I hope you have USAA...
Geralt of Rivia
S
Holy *****..I just flipped through it all. I'm really sorry, man!
AliasMan02
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Dude that totally sucks.

How did this happen?

I hope you have USAA...

Company move so the insurance is good and nobody is fighting the full payout. But there's all the other stuff... wife's wedding dress, my senior boots, the kids' baby books, etc.

We'll get to poke through what's left and see what we can get out in the way of sentimental items.
lancevance
You lucky dog, you get to start again. This time with minimalism in mind. Everything Konmarid. Feng Shui balanced. No more dumb ol socks with holes or pajamas you never wear.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
If we wanted to send a book or toy for the girls to have while you wait for insurance to figure everything out, would that be something you'd be ok with?
AliasMan02
AG
lancevance said:

You lucky dog, you get to start again. This time with minimalism in mind. Everything Konmarid. Feng Shui balanced. No more dumb ol socks with holes or pajamas you never wear.

That's a bright spot for sure. And getting paid more for my old DVDs and video games than Gamestop would have ever dreamed to give!
AliasMan02
AG
BackwardsInBoots said:

If we wanted to send a book or toy for the girls to have while you wait for insurance to figure everything out, would that be something you'd be ok with?

You could send some gd tits.

But really, bibby, we're good. I have been basically forced to create an Amazon wish list (I HAAAAAATE asking for things, even for Christmas or registering) so that will get floated on FB and stuff eventually.

Being in the AirBnB right now we're actually pretty well set up and the insurance is already paying out. We're good.
BackwardsInBoots
AG

One anime girl body pillow coming right up. Fun for the whole family!
AliasMan02
AG
BackwardsInBoots said:

One anime girl body pillow coming right up. Fun for the whole family!

That'll work
expresswrittenconsent
Damn. That really sucks. Ugh.
aglaohfour
AG
Oh no! How did that happen? I'm so sorry. I hope y'all are able to salvage some sentimental stuff.
AggieVictor10
AG
Well, it's not as hot as it used to be.

For real though, that sucks.
AliasMan02
AG
aglaohfour said:

Oh no! How did that happen? I'm so sorry. I hope y'all are able to salvage some sentimental stuff.

Cause unknown. Doubt we'll e we know for sure.
tk for tu juan
Obi-Wan was stored too close to Anakin and clearly had the higher ground
UTExan
Are you coming to the Salt Lake area?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Drawkcab
BackwardsInBoots said:

What's this "we" stuff? I ain't his insurance company.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Me and my pet hedgehog
Jack Cheese
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Obi-Wan was stored too close to Anakin and clearly had the higher ground

Username checks out
MisterScott
AG
Man i feel for you. You seem to be taking it well but best wishes to you all. I moved last summer Colorado to Dallas and our stuff (2 full semis) was in storage in the trailers for nearly 2 months in Carrolton. I though about this scenario every day and had thoughts about the benefits of rebooting. But ultimately there were family things I had an attachment too.... Sincere best of luck.
Class of 1996
Shakes the Clown
Wow. I am sorry about your loss. My greatest loss would be our photos. I helped a friend out two weeks ago whose house was a total loss in a fire during the ice storm.

Caused by an old furnace.

I wonder what caused yours - lithium batteries???
C@LAg
Shakes the Clown said:

that is what I would bet.
i had one loose that overheated but only melted in a storage tub because it just somehow managed to make the right kind of contact with loose metal pens i got as a graduation gift 25 years ago.
The Fife
AliasMan02 said:

lancevance said:

That's a bright spot for sure. And getting paid more for my old DVDs and video games than Gamestop would have ever dreamed to give!
As a collector this part got me right in the feels.

Getting a fresh start and going minimalist is definitely something that feels good though. I've been going down that journey since the separation began and there's no telling how many thousand lbs are gone now. The garage will need to be completely empty for some work that'll begin later this year in there so the goal right now is to fill a large trash bin every week or so.
The Fife
C@LAg said:

Shakes the Clown said:

that is what I would bet.
i had one loose that overheated but only melted in a storage tub because it just somehow managed to make the right kind of contact with loose metal pens i got as a graduation gift 25 years ago.
PSP batteries are at the age where they're swelling up pretty bad, if you've still got one. The one in mine was downright scary looking. Same for one from a Macbook as well.
Talon2DSO
AG
Dude that really sucks man! I hope you're able to salvage the sentimental items
Unemployed
AG
I'm glad that you were able to escape the fire safely. Material things can be replaced; you can't replace your life.
Potcake
AG
I hope that wasn't your dog in the second pic.
I Play With Guns
S
Omg!!! Having just recently gone through a move, I cannot imagine. My <3 breaks for you guys and all the sentimental items you lost.

I also cannot cannot cannot imagine the stress. It's already soo stressful and now ADD THIS. Jesus!

I'm so sorry!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Damn that's awful. I know you are ok with money and insurance but that really sucks. Some things can't be replaced.
swc93
AG
Not burnt; just blackened.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.