**********Official TexAgs General Board Secret Santa 2020**********

25,103 Views | 383 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pirate04
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like the turning of the seasons, so we come again to that most wondrous time of year - the GB Secret Santa Gift Exchange. Sign up at the link below:

https://www.elfster.com/gift-exchanges/cdd4b930-c892-4d2a-b46a-7c6483fd7fdc/?join=y2rk

Rules from last year still apply (shamelessly stolen from the previous thread):

I hope all of you past participants will join up again. If you've never done this with us, you should. It's a lot of fun, and your fellow GBers have, perhaps surprisingly, proven to be very generous and thoughtful gift-givers over the years. You can review last year's thread HERE if you're curious how it goes.

The basics will be the same as always:

The gift limit is $50. Sign-up deadline is November 25, in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Names will be drawn the next day. Gifts are to be delivered by December 16, hopefully before people start to travel, so ship in plenty of time!

Some tips and a few changes:

- We want everyone to feel included and welcome, however after a small number of "flakes" we need to make sure all participants are really in it. To that end, your Elfster name must identify with your TexAgs handle and you must verify your identity here on this thread as well. You need to have a posting history, too, so we know who you are and all that.

- That said, if you're a lurker and want to join in, reach out and we'll talk.

- Anyone impersonating another poster (yes, this has happened) will be banned.

- Fill out your wish list! You can post a link to almost any site and it will get added to the list. The wish list isn't just good for shopping, but for giving your Santa an idea of the types of stuff you like.

- Use the anonymous interface to talk to your selectee, and to other GBers. Some people in the past have entertained us by asking zany questions over the course of the exchange.

- If you don't normally, post on the GB. Say hello in the Good Morning thread. Offer an opinion on the suitability of "toucan" as the name for your child. Getting to know everyone will help you have a great exchange.

- When you get your gift, post pics in this thread and tell us about it.

- Be excellent to each other. Be thoughtful in your gift selection. Don't flake or be a jerk. If you have a problem or need to back out or whatever, just tell me and I'll handle it. Be nice.

If you have any questions or need any help, give me a shout by PM, Elfster, or raven.

AliasMan02
AG
In! Thanks for leading this year, Santa Claude!

Right now the draw is set for Nov 18 so you might adjust the date in the post (Nov 25) or the draw date to match.
Claude!
Thanks for the correction - draw date updated.
goodAg80
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Thanks Claude. I entered. Should be a fun time!

Let me know if anyone flakes. I volunteer to supply a gift to anyone that gets flaked on so long as the stiffed giftee is willing to accept paraphernalia from my religion (will basically be a box-o-liquor).
Tree Hugger
AG
As always, I'm in!!!
bmc13
AG
thanks!

I will probably be in
hunterntexas
AG
I'll go ahead and register my maybe...
King moto moto
AG
The King is in for the first time ever.
EFE
TexasRebel
AG
In again. This is always a good time.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
entered
BackwardsInBoots
AG
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Pirate04
AG
I'm in!! But just like last year, I won't be able to receive my gift until I'm back in the US. Its something to really look forward to coming back home.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Can we update the Elfster so participants can see who else is participating? That way we can message anyone we know IRL who usually does Secret Santa and remind them to sign up!
Claude!
I'll do you one better, BiB - you're now an assistant. Have at it!

Claude!
Hey bud, getting a notice that says you have an invalid email address, so you may want to update it.

ShotOver
AG
Juan
Geralt of Rivia
S
Pirate04 said:

I'm in!! But just like last year, I won't be able to receive my gift until I'm back in the US. Its something to really look forward to coming back home.

When are you coming back? You were an awesome SS last year!
Pirate04
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Pirate04 said:

When are you coming back? You were an awesome SS last year!

Thanks!! I try. I'm not actually sure, there could be some new job developments. Fingers crossed!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Good deal. Stay safe over there!
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
In. 6 year in a row
Claude!
There are a few participant names I don't recognize. If you signed up under a real name or some other nom de plume, please post here to let me know who you are.
The Fife
I commented
hunterntexas
AG
19 in with my addition.
AliasMan02
AG
Claude! said:

There are a few participant names I don't recognize. If you signed up under a real name or some other nom de plume, please post here to let me know who you are.

Not enforcing this with vigor was my biggest mistake last year.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
fixed - thanks friend
The Fife
AliasMan02 said:

Claude! said:

Not enforcing this with vigor was my biggest mistake last year.
I still never knew for sure who I sent stuff to, but sending the first package with the lube and other weird stuff somehow makes that ok.
MooreTrucker
AG
In!!
Claude!
Still a couple of y'all who I do not recognize. I've sent you both Elster messages; please post here under your usernames so I know who we're dealing with.
CAPORAL
AG
I got an email saying to post on here. So, here you go.
azul_rain
Can I give Geralt a gift ? Asking for a friend
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Claude!
Can you shoot me your Elfster name so I can match up? PM is fine.
Claude!
hedge said:

If you get his name in the drawing, sure. Otherwise, you'll just have to send him your love letters outside of the exchange.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Claude! said:

hedge said:

If you get his name in the drawing, sure. Otherwise, you'll just have to send him your love letters outside of the exchange.
*slowly unzips pants*

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.