Kind of football related but posting here

3,457 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Krazykat
Russ79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As an old Ag, I am not going down the road of how the game day experience was different in my day. But for the love of God, can someone explain why we are doing BTHO when we are only up by two and have less total yards than the team we are playing. We never seemed to have the game changing momentum and we are slogging along, barely keeping out of our own way, and the yell leaders are doing BTHO Vandy!
hairloom
This is a solid old man rant right here
King moto moto
AG
This is a great example why we should have cheerleaders on the field and keep the yell leaders in front of the core section only.
Kramer
AG
I believe it is the duty of TexAgs to create a set of criteria that must be met for each yell. Using this as an example, we must be ahead by double digits and we must be out gaining our opponent by 25% or more.

With the application of a simple set of rules, we can rid our game day atmosphere of frivolous yells and celebrations.

Thank you
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What does the score have to be before we break out the pimp stick?
Kramer
AG
69-0
Old Tom Morris
I consider BTHO instructional information, and if our team isn't actually beating the hell out of the other team yet, perhaps they will hear the yell, spend some time in self-reflection, internalize the instruction, and start beating the hell out of the other team
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
That's some real talk right there.
Turf96
With our QB could be biggest lead we see all season. Better use the yell before we forget how to use it.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Why do we yell it before games even start?

Old Man Rant in the OP makes it sound like he watched his first Aggie football game ever, and never attended a yell practice before.
wbt5845
AG
Pope moto moto said:

This is a great example why we should have cheerleaders on the field and keep the yell leaders in front of the core section only.

There are people who look at this and think "oh hell not on our sideline! No one wants to see that."

Weird.

Duncan Idaho
I don't understand the op's rant. I thought the BTHO was meant to be more of an aspirational statement than solely a statement of fact.

"(Let's )BTHO x" vs "(we are) BTHO x"

A more appropriate rant would be "why do we still have that gay dog?"
Prune Tracy
redline248
AG
I can think of instances 20 years ago of doing BTHO while losing by more than 20
rwtxag83
AG
Pope moto moto said:

No
King moto moto
AG
rwtxag83 said:

Pope moto moto said:

No
You are right, we should just eliminate the corps and yell leaders altogether.
Dr.Rumack
wbt5845 said:

Pope moto moto said:

There are people who look at this and think "oh hell not on our sideline! No one wants to see that."

Weird.

0, 0, 0, 0
taxpreparer
AG
Pope moto moto said:

If you wanted cheerleaders you should have gone to Cougar High; this is Texas A&M.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
DrZ
AG
Russ, this is a very confusing take. We do that yell every game even losing. As a fellow old ag i think a lot of people will read that and their first thought will be "maybe Monds right"
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Pope moto moto said:

rwtxag83 said:

Pope moto moto said:

No

We should just eliminate the corps and yell leaders.
King moto moto
AG
bh93 said:

Pope moto moto said:

rwtxag83 said:

Pope moto moto said:

No

histag10
AG
Pope moto moto said:

Corps?
wbt5845
AG
taxpreparer said:

Pope moto moto said:

If you wanted cheerleaders you should have gone to Cougar High; this is Texas A&M.
OK grampa
taxpreparer
AG
wbt5845 said:

taxpreparer said:

Pope moto moto said:

OK grampa
Yep, When I was in school, "Highway 6 runs both ways" was a serious suggestion.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Scoopen Skwert
AG
You said altogether
King moto moto
AG
bh93 said:

You said altogether
I make a lot of mistakes, I'm far from being the sharpest tool in the GB drawer.

My response was an effort to make fun of myself.
Russ79
AG
I guess nowadays, BTHO is more of a prayer than a statement of fact....To me, you aren't beating the hell out of anyone when you are only up by two and playing like crap.
redline248
AG
Assuming you graduated in '79, are you suggesting you only yelled BTHO in 3 games that year?
Russ79
AG
You are right in assuming that I graduated in '79 and I have no idea how many times I did the yell. But even then I couldn't understand doing that yell when we obviously aren't.
histag10
AG
You do the yell as encouragement for the team, telling them what you want them to do. Its not "we are beating the hell outta.. "
ptothemo
AG
Damn English language where the past tense and present tense of a verb is the same word. We should go back and beat the hell out of the person who didn't have the foresight to differentiate tenses for the verb. How they couldn't see the problems it would cause is beyond me.
John Francis Donaghy
histag10 said:

You do the yell as encouragement for the team, telling them what you want them to do. Its not "we are beating the hell outta.. "

When Histag explains that your interpretation is too literal...
Builder93
AG
I think BTHO has become more of a reminder or sticky note for the team.

"Now why did I put this note here? Oh yeah, I'm supposed to put my best work forward as if I were literally beating the hell out of my opponent"
Krazykat
AG
But do we still have the DJ at the game?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.