HEB announces plans to expand to Lubbock

3,185 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hewey Calloway
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They will be opening a 120,000 square foot store by late 2020.

https://newsroom.heb.com/
Uncle Howdy
S
aTm2004
AG
Lubbock will still be a chitty place, but congrats on a better place to get cream for your Raider Rash.
GSlice06
AG
We [HEB] are expanding to all of west Texas and soon to DFW. Created a whole new division to support all of the new stores.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
"Here, Everything Burns"
AgEng06
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

"Here, Everything Burns"
winner
King moto moto
AG
GSlice06 said:

We [HEB] are expanding to all of west Texas and soon to DFW. Created a whole new division to support all of the new stores.
when and where in DFW!?!?

Spill your bean now.
BEaggie08
AG
Moto Moto said:

GSlice06 said:

when and were in DFW!?!?

Spill your bean now.
Full DFW expansion is still a few years out.
GSlice06
AG
I don't know exact locations but I know the realty team is buying up property left and right.
atm0812
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Y'all sure screwed the pooch on the store in Fredericksburg. Terrible produce quality, poor selection (you're out of Jazz apples today, and the bananas will be ripe in 3 weeks or so, but it's always something), constantly relocating dry goods, and removal of the wine signs that denote the different varietals.

You had a perfectly good store and just decided to piss off your customers for what reason?

There isn't a single person I know out here that thinks what you have done is making it a better experience for your customers.

HBCanine08
AG
Lubbock is getting HEBs and the DFW area doesn't have one yet?

Lubbock > DFW
ToddyHill
AG
I was told...a couple of years ago...by an HEB employee (who was pretty high up within their corporate hierarchy)...that HEB had acquired 20 properties in the DFW area. Given they were private...and paid cash for the sites...they were willing to sit and wait until the time was right.
Baseball-Junkie
ToddyHill said:

I was told...a couple of years ago...by an HEB employee (who was pretty high up within their corporate hierarchy)...that HEB had acquired 20 properties in the DFW area. Given they were private...and paid cash for the sites...they were willing to sit and wait until the time was right.

That's probably true, but it doesn't make a lot of business sense. The land is going to appreciate in value, but they're not in to hold and flip. They have a hungry fan base even in DFW, so I don't know why they wouldn't instantly build -- they could be recouping money and taking over market share.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
HEB owns the old Randall's/Albertson's building in College Station just to keep competitors out of the building.
MooreTrucker
AG
FINALLY!!!!!

Baseball-Junkie
Fonzie Scheme said:

HEB owns the old Randall's/Albertson's building in College Station just to keep competitors out of the building.

It must be more of supply chain issue, as they do a lot of HEB branded stuff.
BEaggie08
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

ToddyHill said:

That's probably true, but it doesn't make a lot of business sense. The land is going to appreciate in value, but they're not in to hold and flip. They have a hungry fan base even in DFW, so I don't know why they wouldn't instantly build -- they could be recouping money and taking over market share.
We actually buy and sell a ton of real estate.

Of course, we buy up a lot of stuff as it becomes available, with plans to put stores or other things there in future, but we aren't going to start building stores until we have a distribution network that can support that territory.
Joe Exotic
AG
Moto Moto said:

GSlice06 said:

when and were in DFW!?!?

Spill your bean now.

Depending on what you consider DFW they are already in the metro area. Ours in eastern Parker County opened in May.
lknapp
How far west we talking ?
Baseball-Junkie
BEaggie08 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

ToddyHill said:

Of course, we buy up a lot of stuff as it becomes available, with plans to put stores or other things there in future, but we aren't going to start building stores until we have a distribution network that can support that territory.

I figured it was more of a logistics/supply issue. With that said, what is the "other things" you speak about? I know y'all were dabbling with in-store electronics for a while, so what else are you all planning?
wreckncrew
AG
MooreTrucker said:

FINALLY!!!!!

My reaction as well!!! We have heard HEB was coming but after a while, you stop believing. I'm glad its finally happening.
australopithecus robustus
Heb doesn't own it, but they do lease it.
United must be pissed. I've always heard they and Heb had an understanding about staying in their own georgraphical zones.
Trident 88
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

ToddyHill said:

It's a fact that they own property in west Frisco but said they have no plans to build a store.

I have no idea why. Everyone else is building here.
Ornlu
AG
BEaggie08 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

ToddyHill said:

I do land development work in the north end of DFW, and I've recently started seeing prospective-buyer flyers and pro-formas for out parcels that have HEB as the anchor chain. I've seen at least 7 of these in the last 6 months, for real estate in Carrollton, Plano, Colleyville, Irving, Denton, and Sanger.

How close are these to getting real movement?
Shakes the Clown
I was in Lubutt today, makes you think.
ToddyHill
AG
That is a true statement. However, The family that owned United sold out to Albertsons in 2013. From what I understand, that gentleman's agreement ended with that sale.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Seriously... Lubbock!

Please come out to east Texas and buy out brookshires.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
F Lubbock
EFE
AG
GSlice06 said:

I don't know exact locations but I know the realty team is buying up property left and right.

Have them break ground on the Ware Rd/107 property first.
I did not know that. Well I suppose it's game on then....
Hewey Calloway
AG
HEB has owned prime real estate in Bandera for a while now. When are they going to build there?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.