Airpods- geek to chic

4,788 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Philo B 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When airpods hit the market a year or so back, they were heavily criticized for looking dumb. Now school kids covet them and wear them as accessories. They wear them to "flex". I'm told that junior high kids with wires are judged poorly.

Crazy world.

Could Apple put out a dunce beanie and make it cool?
BostonAg74
If it makes you feel any better, anyone who wears one of those bluetooth earpieces still looks like a d-bag, so that hasn't changed.
The Dog Lord
AG
The criticism when they first came out was ridiculous. They look almost exactly the same as the wired version which everyone has worn forever.
Philo B 93
When I'm on the phone with someone using non-Apple Bluetooth, I say something horrible about their Mom then slam the phone DOWN (push the red disconnect button).
Sticks&Stones
AG
Every time I see someone wearing them....

[img][/img]
permabull
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
This thread smells like broke
PatAg
AG
Philo B 93 said:

When airpods hit the market a year or so back, they were heavily criticized for looking dumb. Now school kids covet them and wear them as accessories. They wear them to "flex". I'm told that junior high kids with wires are judged poorly.

Crazy world.

Could Apple put out a dunce beanie and make it cool?
I don't remember them being anything but immediately popular.
Ragoo
AG
I have JLAB Epic Air Elite for running, gym, office, and airplane.
permabull
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
hypeiv said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

This thread smells like broke
You plan on getting the apple credit card?

Only as long as it makes me look higher up on the social ladder.

But in all seriousness it looks decent (relative to credit cards). I imagine they'll be pretty stingy with who's approved and the interest rates
babyshark
I dont understand why people pay so much for the apple brand. I bought these for $30 over a year ago & they still work great. Without the ear jizz look.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8QZTMB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_9-9SCbW6FWHGW
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
The ones those appear to be a knock off of are even more expensive
https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-us/run-xt-true-wireless-headphones.html#985-000889
The Dog Lord
AG
babyshark said:

I dont understand why people pay so much for the apple brand. I bought these for $30 over a year ago & they still work great. Without the ear jizz look.

Says the guy whose headphones advertise their nut power

Ragoo
AG
If Apple were smart they would make these pods standard in their phone packaging and get away from the cords. Then they can charge even more for a new phone.
hph6203
AG
Apple is about margins and packing these in would be a bad idea from that perspective. They can sell you the phone at a price you can stomach with cheapo headphones packed in, which incentivizes you to buy Bluetooth headphones from Beats or Apple.
babyshark
The Dog Lord said:

babyshark said:

Says the guy whose headphones advertise their nut power

I can vouch for the advertisement and suggest caution. My nuts produced twins since the purchase. Doubled my previous nut power.
BostonAg74
For any male over the age of 21, the AirPods also serve as a contraceptive, since they pretty much guarantee that no woman will ever let you touch her if you're wearing them.
MouthBQ98
AG
Kids might as well get used to them, they'll all be wearing the hearing aid version in their 50's.
c-jags
babyshark said:

i have an alternate like those for running. specifically got black as to not look like there's something about mary.

cords bouncing during running are a PITA. i don't wear them outside of a gym or running though to reduce dbag factor.
MGS
hph6203 said:

Apple is about margins and packing these in would be a bad idea from that perspective. They can sell you the phone at a price you can stomach with cheapo headphones packed in, which incentivizes you to buy Bluetooth headphones from Beats or Apple.
Bingo - Tim Cook's Apple is all about extracting as much revenue as possible from customers. (and it works)
BallerStaf2003
AG
The way they immediately connect and charge in the case has made them the most useful Apple product I've ever had.

They are putting that technology in the new Powerbeats coming out next month. Can't wait to get them.
Ragoo
AG
c-jags said:

babyshark said:

i have an alternate like those for running. specifically got black as to not look like there's something about mary.

cords bouncing during running are a PITA. i don't wear them outside of a gym or running though to reduce dbag factor.
my JLABs are the same and the case doubles as a portable battery. I often charge my iPhone on the move using my headphone case.
Stat Monitor Repairman
MouthBQ98 said:

Kids might as well get used to them, they'll all be wearing the hearing aid version in their 50's.
What a time to be alive!

I was expecting to wear one of those behind the ear pieces of **** with the ****ty batteries.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.