Does anyone else do this?

6,175 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaitShack
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe I'm weird, but whenever I want/need background noise as I'm doing something else, I turn on the same movie over and over again. I guess I want to have something familiar so I can focus on what I'm doing without having to focus on the background so much.

Recently I was finishing up a project and must have watched Clerks 12 times in 2 days. Now I'm in the zone of The Brady Bunch Movie (highly underrated), on viewing number 4 today as I write out this proposal.

I realize that my movie selections are weird, but is it weird to watch the same movie over and over again? I will also frequently fall asleep to the same movie every night, rotating movies about once a month or so. My work zone movies are different than my sleep zone movies.
Dr.Rumack
Hotel Budapest
Mr. White
Mystery Science Theater 3000 seasons 8-10.
Liquid Wrench
A Serbian Film.
Bruce Almighty
AG
My college roommate did this with Spies Like Us. I haven't watched it since.
aglaohfour
AG
The Sound of Music. In the past there have been times that I've been extremely anxious, and the only way I could sleep through the night was with it playing. And I occasionally put it on when I'm working on a project that requires my full attention but I don't want to work in complete silence.
BigCigarAg
I have Saving Ryan's privates on continuous loop in my office. The sound of a women's orgasm is therapeutic to me and my productivity is through the roof lately.
Woody2006
AG
I turn on music when I want background noise to be more productive.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
BigCigarAg said:

I have Saving Ryan's privates on continuous loop in my office. The sound of a women's orgasm is therapeutic to me and my productivity is through the roof lately.

You mean Shaving Ryan's privates?
Ragoo
AG
College roommate did this to the lord of the rings trilogy.
Shakes the Clown
tl;dr
TxSquarebody
Eastwood spaghetti westerns
boy09
AG
The Office
Scoopen Skwert
AG

Not a movie but this is my relaxing repetitive task white noise.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Over the past 20+ years, I have watched every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 more times than I can count.
Wolfpac 08
AG
It's always TV shows for us. I think we've watched Frasier all the way through at least 4 times.
Bruce Almighty
AG
King of the Hill is my go to show for background noise.
Not a Bot
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

King of the Hill is my go to show for background noise.

I would totally do that but I would be laughing too much to get any work done.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Hunt for Red October is mine
aggie_fan13
AG
true detective season 1, i like to hear rust spout pessimistic nihilistic jargon throughout my day

Girlhowdy
AG
Y'all are weird.
The Fife
I'll put Friends or Seinfeld on for background noise.
abileneag09
AG
I like to watch super troopers while i pack or clean.
Tree Hugger
AG
I used to do this with Office Space
Win At Life
AG
Not a movie. That's weird because it encourages you to take your eyes off what you're doing and look at it.

I studied years ago to Smashing Pumpkins' Gish and U2 Joshua Tree And The Cult Love on a loop.
Shoefly!
AG
The Outlaw Josie Wells.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Friends
swc93
AG
When I was working on my masters I always left the Soccer Channel on for background noise. Hours and hours of basically the same droning crowd noise with intermittent spikes of cheers.

RIP Soccer Channel
jm94
AG
MLB's streaming service is fantastic for this, because you can turn off the talking heads and just have the ambient stadium noise.

Pro tip: don't do this at Oakland home games.
et98
AG
The soothing sounds of Bob Ross or Rick Steves are my go-to's for background noise.
MouthBQ98
AG
It has to a movie you have seen so many times you can visualize it just off what you hear, and can quote practically every line of dialog in it.

Several of mine already mentioned. I'll add Staw Wars IV-VI and Big Trouble in Little China, or The Goonies.
Dark Helmet
I put on the same podcast every night, otherwise I can't sleep. I need a bit of noise to focus on, but it can't be too interesting or the trick won't work. If I'm staying over at my lady friend's place, I just lie in bed all night and stare at various parts of her bedroom and think dark thoughts.
G.I.Bro
Wife and I have put Archer on while we fall asleep for years. I've caught jokes for the first time upon the 6th or 7th viewing. Still highly entertaining but familiar enough to let it wash over me.
Agwinner03
AG
I will put on Shawshank Redemption or Grumpy Old Men for background noise. My wife always has on Seinfeld to fall asleep.
Dad
AG
I think the OP might be a serial killer. I get the tv on to fall asleep but having the same movie play 12 times in a few days sounds like something the guy from American Psycho would do.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.