Old people are the worst! Right?

4,125 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Propane & Accessories
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you lose your sense of personal space when you get old?

I have a very large bubble and if you are in it and I don't know you, you are now a threat.

TLDR: I told an older gentleman "excuse the **** out of me" for getting too close.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Large bubble huh?
Lose some weight sonny.
-olds
Fonzie Scheme
AG
If 93 is your class year, you're too damn old to be this immature about it. If you were born in 93, part of life is dealing with people and you're too damn old to just now be learning this.
Drawkcab
OP is worse than old people.
Liquid Wrench
First time going to the grocery store?
Know Your Enemy
AG
OP =

AggieBand2004
AG
Was the person Asian? That would be a more likely explanation than age
BQ_90
AG
GTFO off my lawn sonny boy
shafter
AG
Did you post the black eye face because he smacked you for being a little girl?
PoohAh97
AG
Maybe it's the year they were born. Freaky that that's plausible.
74OA
AG
bh93 said:

I have a very large bubble and if you are in it and I don't know you, you are now a threat.

TLDR: I told an older gentleman "excuse the **** out of me" for getting too close.
Apparently what you lack in awareness you make up for with bad manners. Smooth.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I can't be the only person that hates to be crowded by other people.

I feel bad for being rude but He had plenty of space to not be right up in my space.

DadAG10
bh93 said:

I feel bad for being rude but He had plenty of space to not be right up in my space.

Maybe you are so insignificant, he didn't even see you.
Tecolote
AG
bh93 said:

Maybe he thought you were cute and cuddly and he needed a new boy toy.
Amazing Moves
I hope you get popped in the face by a hollowed out tennis ball.
PseudonymK
AG
bh93 said:

I was grocery shopping one day and this elderly lady hit me from behind with her cart. We were the only two people in the aisle and she was still following me so closely I had leave that area for a while.
IIIHorn
CarbonDating.com
Trident 88
AG
PseudonymK said:

bh93 said:

I was grocery shopping one day and this elderly lady hit me from behind with her cart. We were the only two people in the aisle and she was still following me so closely I had leave that area for a while.

Probably just a horny ol gmylf
MooreTrucker
AG
OP is the one that needs to learn manners.
PoohAh97
AG
Amazing Moves said:

What are they usually filled with?
MooreTrucker
AG
PoohAh97 said:

Amazing Moves said:

What are they usually filled with?
Farts.
Eliminatus
AG
I got you OP. The bubble is real and people in it bother me to the point of speaking up about it. Granted, this is situational. If I'm in a line at the store. Don't get near me. In a concert venue, I put myself there so I accept it.

But no need to be an ass about it. At least not at first. It doesn't happen often thankfully, but a polite but very firm, " could you please back up a step? You being this near to me makes me uncomfortable." has worked every time for me.
IDAGG
AG
bh93 said:

You are scared of old people? I ought to beat you with my cane to toughen you up.
Rongagin71
AG
That's a spankin'
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Actually I'm always very aware of my surroundings. I'm always situationally aware and hyper vigilant.

The world is pretty messed up and no sense in being a victim.
HustlerAggie
Fonzie Scheme said:

If 93 is your class year, you're too damn old to be this immature about it. If you were born in 93, part of life is dealing with people and you're too damn old to just now be learning this.
I am guessing '93 is his class year. His profile was created in 1999.
ac04
wow OP sounds very tough
Krazykat
AG
bh93 said:

Older folks start getting closer and closer when their hearing starts going. Quit being a pr1ck and show a little respect and empathy to your elders. You will be there one day.
MooreTrucker
AG
bh93 said:

Just for the record, asking someone to give you a little room is fine. It's the bolded part that makes you a dick.

Just so's you'll know for the future.
Potcake
AG
Why was OP on customer side of counter?
aggiejim70
AG
You're right, old people see things differently.

84 year old gentleman walks into a Houston bar and has a seat with his gin and tonic. A drop dead beautiful 25 year old blond sets down next to him and he gives her the eye. After ten minutes she tells him " I can see you're interested so I'll fulfill your wildest dreams foe a hundred dollars''. This gets the old man's attention until she tells him "But you have to tell me in only three words". The man reaches for his wallet, pulls out a crisp c-note, and gives it to her. She thanks him and asks him what do you want me to do, to which he replies.....Paint my house.

The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Just for the record, asking someone to give you a little room is fine. It's the bolded part that makes you a dick.

Oh jeez, Gampy Trucker is on the internet again admonishing people.

When you're always telling people exactly how they're being a dick, you might be the dick.

Just so you'll know for the future, it makes people uncomfortable when you get within two feet of them.
PseudonymK
AG
Trident 88 said:

PseudonymK said:

bh93 said:

Probably just a horny ol gmylf
I'm good with older men. They know what to show me in the grocery store.
histag10
AG
HustlerAggie said:

Fonzie Scheme said:

I am guessing '93 is his class year. His profile was created in 1999.

Kids are great with technology these days. Who's to say a 6 year old didn't join texags?
MooreTrucker
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Oh jeez, Gampy Trucker is on the internet again admonishing people.

When you're always telling people exactly how they're being a dick, you might be the dick.

Just so you'll know for the future, it makes people uncomfortable when you get within two feet of them.
So did I do something to you or are you just sticking your nose in? Did you similarly admonish everyone else on this thread that told the OP he was being a dick? Or are you just being a dick to me specifically?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.