Jose Bautista Punch Aftermath

6,559 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tom Kazansky 2012
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picard
AG
Do you have any idea how much that stings?

redd38
AG
I don't think that's the same person

/histag
Schrute
I know you Rangers fans are giddy as school girls about Bautista "getting what he deserved", but I still find this funny as hell.

PorkEatingCrusader
quote:
I know you Rangers fans are giddy as school girls about Bautista "getting what he deserved", but I still find this funny as hell.

Simple minds do!
AliasMan02
AG
I'm a Rangers fan and thought it was baller as f. I'm just glad it's given us so much greatness since then.

The hard slide is a beech move, however.

Also it's funny how it's never mentioned that Bautista was about to throw a punch but Odor was quicker on the trigger.
Schrute
quote:
quote:

Simple minds do!
Yep, I'm simple minded. And yep, this is funny as hell.
PorkEatingCrusader
quote:
quote:
quote:

Simple minds do!
Yep, I'm simple minded. And yep, this is funny as hell.
Glad we agree!
ac04
the bat flip and the face punch are both extremely entertaining.
toucan82
I was more entertained by the twitterverse reaction
Sweet Clementine
AG
All of it was greatness. Baseball players are easily butthurt, which is why it's so funny when this stuff happens. I love it when the bullpens run in from the outfield, and in this instance they actually got involved. Bautista is obnoxious and Odor is psycho, so when the two met it was great.
I'm fascinated by the fact that Beltre was able to hold on to Bautista. Most of the time when you grab someone from the other team that doesn't end well.
toucan82
Bautista was a little woozy when beltre grabbed him. That's why he didn't seem to fight that hard to get back in there.
AgEng06
AG
That, and Beltre is a big sumbeech. Bautista in Beltre's bear hug was probably the safest place on the field. Notice no one on the Jays even attempted to get Bautista free. Beltre held on to him for the whole thing.
Sweet Clementine
AG
Someone on the radio said Bautista is punch able because he looks like a Dominican drug lord.
I keep re-watching the video to notice different things. I have to focus on a player and see what they do, but some of the camera angles don't help. At one point Moreland almost gets a headlock on someone.
Mr. White
quote:
I'm a Rangers fan and thought it was baller as f. I'm just glad it's given us so much greatness since then.

Also it's funny how it's never mentioned that Bautista was about to throw a punch but Odor was quicker on the trigger.

A baller would calmly and coolly start trotting down the baseline, not surprised by what just happened.

An insecure dbag would stare and give the biggest bat flip of all time.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
I'm fascinated by the fact that Beltre was able to hold on to Bautista. Most of the time when you grab someone from the other team that doesn't end well.
One of my favorite things about the whole ordeal was that it was very clear that no one was interested in messing with Beltre either time the benches cleared.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
Someone on the radio said Bautista is punch able because he looks like a Dominican drug lord.
I keep re-watching the video to notice different things. I have to focus on a player and see what they do, but some of the camera angles don't help. At one point Moreland almost gets a headlock on someone.
And this was Pillar. He came out crazier than Odor was seriously trying to fight three or four guys at once.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
One of my favorite things about the whole ordeal was that it was very clear that no one was interested in messing with Beltre either time the benches cleared.

A Ranger should have touched his head then blamed it on a Blue Jay.
thebloomer
AG
No problem with the bat flip.

No problem with plunking the guy.

Small problem with the kneecap slide (notice when the slide starts), but this is not unusual and Roogie saw it coming.

Love the face punch.

Love baseball.
DannyDuberstein
AG
One of the underrated aspects is the fact that punkass Donaldson came storming out of the dugout only to end up getting punched, ejected, and a possible suspension.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

A baller would calmly and coolly start trotting down the baseline, not surprised by what just happened.

The batflip wasn't even all that bad. It was the death stare at the pitcher that was the d-bag move.
Canyon99
AG
quote:

The hard slide is always a beech move no matter if it Bautista or Odor.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:

The hard slide is always a beech move no matter if it Bautista or Odor.

There's a big difference between a hard slide and a dirty slide. A hard slide is part of baseball. A dirty slide is what Bautista did and is wrong.
Canyon99
AG
Hard slide dirty slide semantics.

Forget 2015 so quickly?

https://twitter.com/Bk2012bk/status/650388428656218112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Hard slide dirty slide semantics.

Forget 2015 so quickly?

https://twitter.com/Bk2012bk/status/650388428656218112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Good lord. Literally NO ONE has said that Odor's slide was anything but dirty. Doesn't negate the fact that Bautista's slide was dirty.
TheMasterplan
Finally something interesting happened in baseball.
Canyon99
AG
I don't believe I've ever said otherwise.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If there is a lesson to be learned in all of this, it's this: Rougned Odor is not one to be ****ed with.
True Anomaly
AG
quote:
Bautista was a little woozy when beltre grabbed him. That's why he didn't seem to fight that hard to get back in there.

I had figured you worshipped at the feet of SportsSturm, who made the argument that Bautista didn't try to get out because he didn't want to, since he's a guy who acts tough until he actually faces off against tough guys
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I don't believe I've ever said otherwise.
Then why bring it up? It's completely irrelevant. Especially with the "forget 2015 so quickly" comment.
Canyon99
AG
To get pvssies like you all riled up.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
To get pvssies like you all riled up.
Bored, huh?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Getting ******* all riled up by acting like one is a bold strategy, cotton. We'll see how it works out.
Forum Troll
AG
Epic bat flip. Epic punch. Dirty slide. Odor was trying to throw it at Bautista face as well. All in all entertaining.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
quote:
quote:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.