FU Chip and Joanna Gaines!

10,047 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
80s Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks to you and your damn successful TV show, I know have a small herd of the wife's family coming in this afternoon. They want to go see the silos and buy random antique-y crap. My lazy afternoon just became a mad dash to clean up post Christmas stuff so our house looks presentable.

Just kidding, I actually like this side of her family because they will show up with booze and not expect us to have fixed a feast with two hours warning.
HollywoodBQ
AG
So, your beef with them is that they bring people into Waco to go see "the (newly manufactured) sights".
My beef with them is that when I go to Waco, my parents now think there are new sights to go see because Chip and Joanna Gaines are on TV.

Oh, let's go drive by the house (in a bad part of town) that Chip and Joanna remodeled. I think it's for sale and somebody from California is going to buy it. Obviously the only people who would buy it is somebody who isn't from Waco and doesn't know any better.
80s Guy
quote:
So, your beef with them is that they bring people into Waco to go see "the (newly manufactured) sights".
My beef with them is that when I go to Waco, my parents now think there are new sights to go see because Chip and Joanna Gaines are on TV.

No beef, just trying to be funny. Anyone that can renovate some of these houses in Waco us okay in my book!
HollywoodBQ
AG
I added the 2nd paragraph in my post as an edit instead of a new post.

My question is why? Why would anybody remodel anything in Waco that isn't already a landmark. ALICO building, Suspension bridge, Hippodrome.

There will come a day when somebody remodels the Twin Peaks restaurant and I'm sure that will become a tourist attraction in its own right too.
Smee
Who? Are they related to Chris?
80s Guy
The simple answer is, a fool from Baylor and his money are soon parted. Easy flip with some minor cosmetic changes = cash flow for Chip and Joanna
Ragoo
AG
their "store" is meh and would fail within a year if not for their TV show popularity.
45-70Ag
AG
I admit I watch the show after my wife started. I like some of their ideas for remodel, a house by us in Harris creek was one of their recent remodels and they did a heck of a job.

Now she has a furniture line and my wife thinks we need it. I can do with out that.
Smee
Chip?

Ragoo
AG
quote:
Who? Are they related to Chris?

Ragoo
AG
this is the store joanna wishes she had

http://labellevieantiques.com/
80s Guy
quote:
I admit I watch the show after my wife started. I like some of their ideas for remodel, a house by us in Harris creek was one of their recent remodels and they did a heck of a job.

Now she has a furniture line and my wife thinks we need it. I can do with out that.

You have my sympathies, bro.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
I admit I watch the show
cue "Ha! Gaaaaaay!" gif.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:

quote:
I admit I watch the show
cue "Ha! Gaaaaaay!" gif.
aglaohfour
AG
The Gaines' are really nice people. Several friends of mine work for/with them, and they've been particularly generous with one person I care about a lot.

That being said, 1) I wanted to die when they took that Victorian in McGregor and turned it into a "farmhouse." I guess the only thing worse would have been demolishing the whole thing. 2) The next time someone who has never been to Waco hears that it's my hometown and says "Lucky you! Waco is so beautiful!" I'm going to throat punch the show's editor.
AggieDarlin
AG
I love the shi- out of that couple, but I am tiring of the farmhouse vibe. It's nice, but I want to see them go outside the box. I cracked up when she took that couple out to her own farmhouse (as usual) and that one dude acted like he wanted to vomit. I know all of these shows are scripted, but that was pure "no" from him
GinaLinetti
AG
Don't give my windows away
80s Guy
quote:

Nipforwindow?
45-70Ag
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
quote:

Nipforwindow?

Deal
GinaLinetti
AG
I just want one or two
Chazz03
AG
quote:
I just want one or two
Well you only have two nips so......
80s Guy
quote:
quote:
I just want one or two

GinaLinetti
Holly Golightly
AG
quote:
quote:
I just want one or two

I have 2 more
boboguitar
AG
Hgtv can go too hell, straight too hell.
Cowboy1990
She's pretty damn hot. A quick Google image search however doesn't provide any outstanding pictures though which tells me she's missing out on some revenue
piag94
AG
Good people, but the show is pretty much made up. It's pretty common knowledge, that Chip shows up for 5 minutes, gets some fake sweat sprayed on him, rips a couple pieces of sheet rock out then leaves..
boboguitar
AG
quote:
Good people, but the show is pretty much made up. It's pretty common knowledge, that Chip shows up for 5 minutes, gets some fake sweat sprayed on him, rips a couple pieces of sheet rock out then leaves..
With the money they are making, why would he still do the manual labor part? Pay for some "local" help.
TLA02
AG
FWIF
Had a freind of mine that was on their show.... why they live north of Waco is beyond comprehension.
What they don't show you is that all the decoration at the end of the show is not included in the price.
So you buy a house for 190k, remodel all in at 250k. If you want all the nice wall decorations and custom furniture it is between 30-50k more.
They put the hard sell on ya and try to get more out of the purchase.
If you don't want it they yank it all out.
AggieDarlin
AG
It's not a secret that all of the decor is extra cost.
piag94
AG
quote:
quote:
With the money they are making, why would he still do the manual labor part? Pay for some "local" help.
That's the show. They try like hell to push the fact that "all the work" is coming from Chip. They are just two good looking people that do VERY little work. Which again, is what the show is based.
AggieDarlin
AG
Welcome to HGTV.
Geralt of Rivia
S
My brother and SIL were almost on House Hunters. They weren't even contacted about it until after they bought their house.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's the show. They try like hell to push the fact that "all the work" is coming from Chip. They are just two good looking people that do VERY little work. Which again, is what the show is based.
I was watching it last night with my wife, all the scenes where they were working on the house showed groups of local help. I think you're reading too much into it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.