Great Pyrenees pup - incredible blue eyes!

5,781 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by b.blauser
b.blauser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Check it out! 7 weeks old:

Adoption Link
quote:
Augie
Great Pyrenees, Australian Shepherd [Mix]
Large Baby Male Dog
S.A.F.E. House Rescue and Adoption, Conroe, TX

Augie - 7wks - Great Pyr/Aussie mix - 12 lbs.

Augie came to us with a brother and sister after having been left on someone's doorstep when they were only 2 days old. After weeks of bottle feeding and constant care, Augie is the only one to have survived. He is currently 7 weeks old (3/13/09) and will be available for adoption on 3/28/09 after he has been neutered. Augie is a very assertive puppy and will need an experienced owner. He is going to be a very large dog and will grow quickly so training right from the start is a must. Please research each of these breeds before deciding as they each can be challenging, but with the right training and activity he will most likely grow up to be a wonderful and fun companion.

If you are interested in Augie please request an adoption application from safehouse74@hotmail.com. Submitting an application does not obligate you to adopt Augie, but it initiates contact with us and gets the process started.

What are the adoption fees?

Adult dogs $95.00
Puppies under 6 months $120.00

Where can we meet the dogs?!

S.A.F.E. House holds adoptions every weekend (except major holiday weekends) as follows but call first to make sure the dog you’re interested in will be at adoption day:

1st & 3rd Saturday of the month from 11:00am - 4:00pm at the Petsmart in The Woodlands (Portofino Shopping Center)

2nd & 4th Saturday of the month from 11:00am - 4:00pm at the Petco at 249 & Spring Cypress

We do not hold adoptions on the 5th Saturday of the month

[This message has been edited by b.blauser (edited 4/6/2009 12:43p).]
Reverend Willie G
CDUB98
AG
Huuuuuuuuuuuuge dog with a non-stop motor.

Whoever buys that dog better have a lot of land to roam.
slurpee
remember that the houston spca is not affiliated with the national spca. 2 separate operations! houston spca has questionable practices when it comes to the euthanizing of animals.
rock the good ag 90'
Our neighbors on the property behind us have a couple of those dogs.

BIG dogs. Pretty good for the most part, although they do try to come bust through our fence once in awhile to get to our dogs.

To be fair, they don't have owners that pay much attention to them, so I would probably try to bust out if I was them.
wapa
That dog is not with the HSPCA, it is with SAFE in Conroe. Although, I got my dog from the HSPCA and have worked with them on other things and never had a problem.
rdag04
AG
quote:
remember that the houston spca is not affiliated with the national spca. 2 separate operations! houston spca has questionable practices when it comes to the euthanizing of animals.

link?
chjoak
AG
SAFE is a good organization. They helped us adopt a dog out of Montgomery Co. Pound 6 years ago.

* Montgomery Co. Pound will only give dogs to the actual owner or a rescue.
BAT2007
AG
quote:
Whoever buys that dog better have a lot of land to roam.

Not necessary at all!! My parents have 2 Great Pyr's currently and have had 4 total over the years. The 2 right now are 90 lbs and 160 lbs and my parents live in a neighborhood in the city with just a regular backyard to play in. They keep them as indoor dogs (just be ready for tons of shedding).

These dogs are huge teddy bears. Whoever gets this little guy (who won't be little for very long) is going to be really lucky!!

[This message has been edited by BAT2007 (edited 4/6/2009 3:24p).]
wareagle044
he better not last long. that dog is incredible!

WAR EAGLE!
GIG 'EM!
Hoss
AG
Good looking mutt. Probably won't get as big as a normal Pyr with that Aussie blood in him, but he won't be small either.
b.blauser
AG
Do hope he gets a home, in light of all the hardship he's had to endure. Would be a tough thing to put him down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.