Corps beating down students on Kyle Field in 1995?

1,517 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Beerosch
DeuceMcP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honest, not a troll - what is this "beating down" that Jim Rome supposedly said?

I didn't grow up in Aggie culture, so what is he referencing to? And yes, I would assume he is exaggerating about whatever happened.
riz
AG
After tu won at Kyle in '95, several of them tried to rush the field. There were lots of corps beat downs that followed
DeuceMcP
Thanks. And if you rush the court/field of the opposing team, you deserve to get your butt kicked.
Tom Servo
tu won in '95 at Kyle.

A large horde of drunken t-sips decided it would be smart to rush the field.

They were met with severe beatdowns.
Dough
A) Jim Rome didn't say anything about it.

B) It was an unfortunate incident but the sips' version of the story has become a grand work of fiction. They talk of women being beaten by CT's, and guys just casually strolling out onto the field to revel in the win. BS. I was there and saw the whole thing.
What they never mention is that when it became obvious that the Ags were going to be outscored, the PA announcer began repeating "Fans are NOT allowed on the field after the game", etc, etc. He repeated this over and over. The sips completely blew it off and jumped the wall in the old horseshoe. I'm not happy with the bad press we got out of the deal, but this 'victim' mentality that the sip have adopted since the incident is pure hogwash. They knew what they were doing.

P.S. next time you hear a sip cry about late hits on McCoy....if you ever have a chance to watch that '95 game, towards the end of the game Pulling threw a pick that sealed the game. He chased the t.u. defender out of bounds. As he's getting back to his feet some t.u. scrub come running down the sideline to congratulate his teammate who'd just made the play. When he gets to Pulling, he drops his shoulder and levels him. This was out of bounds, after the play was over. No flag. Nothin.

Yes, I'm still bitter about that game.

Beerosch
AG
A&M was supposed to win the MNC that year and mcelroy was supposed to win the heisman
txdragonfly
AG
If you can ever get a copy of the KAMU tape of that game, watch the cameras pan the field while the melee occurs in the north endzone. There's a couple that run out to the 50. He lays down on Kyle and she then sits down on his lap.
tlepoC
AG
once again, an embarrassment

so some rivals are standing on your field....lets kick their ass! yeh, that makes a lot of sense
Beerosch
AG
yea...super awesome...let the biggest d-bags at the school kick some ass
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.