Track & Field Gear

1,378 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by DoitBest
AggieDub04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a friend whose daughter is going to be on the track team. Apparently the track team contracts with Nike instead of Adidas. As a result most of the stores don't have Track & Field gear. Does anyone know where you can get Track & Field apparel?
DoitBest
S
You can start here:

https://thewarehouseatcc.com/sports-new/track-field/

and

https://www.aggielandoutfitters.com/collections/sports-track-and-field
Kansas Kid
I thought it was an athletic wide outfitting agreement we had with Adidas but clearly it isn't as the photo shows.

DoitBest
S
I heard that track having nike gear was a condition of Coach Henry coming here from lsu
Kansas Kid
DoitBest said:

I heard that track having nike gear was a condition of Coach Henry coming here from lsu

That would make sense. I would also think for recruiting in T&F, Nike is the one you want given their history in the sport.
DoitBest
S
I should have added, Congrats to your friend & his daughter! what events will she be competing in?
AggieDub04
AG
Much thanks! She does cross country. They're very excited!
Look Out Below
AG
When Coach Henry got here, the whole athletic dept. was Nike. When the AD made the switch to Adidas, the AD allowed track to stay Nike for reasons mentions above (plus Henry has been a career Nike guy and I'm sure did not want to leave them).
Kansas Kid
Look Out Below said:

When Coach Henry got here, the whole athletic dept. was Nike. When the AD made the switch to Adidas, the AD allowed track to stay Nike for reasons mentions above (plus Henry has been a career Nike guy and I'm sure did not want to leave them).

Was he able to get a different food vendor for the T&F venues other than Levy's? That would be another reason to go to a T&F meet.
Look Out Below
AG
Unfortunately, I think they are forced to use Levy.
DoitBest
S
Thanks, that makes sense.

We had heard the other version on our junior day visit back in 2020. I'm sure the athlete was just passing on the 'story" as she had heard it through the years...

Will you be at the meet Saturday?
Anchorhold
Congrats and GIG'EM to her.

PS: please send your own kids soon. We need more Aggie dubs.
Look Out Below
AG
Wouldn't miss it
DoitBest
S
Looking forward to it !!!
DoitBest
S
Another thread was talking about baseball gear and brought up a store I had not heard of before, it's not much, just something I was not aware of....

https://www.rallyhouse.com/college/texas-am-aggies?resultsPerPage=60&filter.sport_specific=Track%20and%20Field
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.