Aggie Invitational Track Meet May 8th 2021

1,837 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Start list for the meet

https://flashresults.com/2021_Meets/Outdoor/05-08_AggieInvitational/startlist.pdf

Very low key meet with small entries

Dixon, Clay, Etiwe, Zamzow, Dewitt Thomas and Jaevin Reed all running the 400m.
Aliu, Rachel Hall, Ryan Martin and Yeboah all doubling in 100m and 200m

Hope there is better weather this weekend. Many of these athletes need to get better times and mark for SEC and NCAA regionals. Lets see how they use their home track to their advantage.

triniaggie
AG
Just wondering if our injured athletes would be ready for SEC and NCAA.
These include Syaira Richardson, Jace Comick, Zhane Smith, Laila Owens, James Smith.
I think Jania Martin and Kennedy Smith are out for the rest of the season
taylorswift13
AG
I'm just happy James Smith is back running in the hurdles this weekend! I wouldn't put him in the 4x400 maybe till nationals if he's healthy! It's gonna be a big day for our sprinters!
triniaggie
AG
James Smith and Dominique Mustin scratched from the 400m hurdles.
Laila Owen added to the women's 400m
taylorswift13
AG
Awe man! Well it was great to see him on the heat sheet to begin with! Hopefully he's good to roll for Conference and regionals!
taylorswift13
AG
Carter Bajoit after clearing 6'8, 6'9, and 6'11 all on the first attempts retires from the competition
taylorswift13
AG
Also did our men long jumpers just disappear! I was excited to see what Darius Clark could do outdoors!
triniaggie
AG
I believe the men long and triple jumpers were part of the group that got cut
taylorswift13
AG
A huge 43'3.75 for Cinyamon Stevenson and 42'5 for Lajarvia Brown! Great start for two girls who have been struggling of late!
TRM
AG
Wind-aided but nice 100M times from Martin, Achane and Yeboah.
taylorswift13
AG
10.14 for Martin and Achane
20.32 for Broome
13.05 for Robinson 13.15 for Thorpe

OUR SPRINTERS SHOWED UP! SO HAPPY FOR THEM!
TRM
AG
rje394
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Carter Bajoit after clearing 6'8, 6'9, and 6'11 all on the first attempts retires from the competition
All three Aggie high jumpers talked about before competition started that they may not even attempt a height. All wanted to avoid injury and be ready to compete next wee. Tyra wanted to knock some rust off but wanted to rest up also.
triniaggie
AG
Nice kick from Dixon in the home stretch

taylorswift13
AG
Crazy but it seems he never really accelerated to top speed throughout the entire race... just kept the same form and foot speed for all 400 meters! I was doubting and losing hope due to his earlier times but after watching this entire race it feels like he has WAY more in the tank! This could just have been training for the 800! This week is the last week for him to get an 800 qualifying time! It would have to be a low 1:49 to be top 48!
triniaggie
AG
Wondering what going with Allon Clay. He ran a slow 400m this weekend and his 800m best is aound1.54. He had qualify for the NCAA indoor championship with 1.48 and hasn't been the same since indoors
taylorswift13
AG
Same here! I wonder if he sustained an injury somewhere in between the seasons along with Jon Bishop who did not look like himself Saturday! If only there was an injury report in track! Many of our questions will be answered lol! Like Jania and Syaira, I want to know if they'll be available this week! Laila Ownes looked strong even though she only ran 300 of the 400!
triniaggie
AG
Laila wasn't on the initial start list but was added to give Jaevin Reed some competition to run a fast but it didn't work but Owens did looked good for 300m.

Maybe we should have the options of sending our questions to Gabe to ask Coach Henry so we will know about injury and eligibility.

He did say one of 4x100m relay team member was a little suspect last week so we won't be running a 4x100m on the women's side. I think it was Zhane Smith who has been out for two weeks now and is a member of the 4x100m
taylorswift13
AG
That's likely! I just want to see how healthy we are going into conference! I hope we can field top relays! And get some other sprinters and our 800 guys faster times to assure a spot at regionals! We have a good amount of runners possibly in but it would be great to get more on board!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.