Novak just got Dqd from the US Open

1,743 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXAggie2011
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lost a point, hit the ball into the back wall and clocked a lines person in the throat.
Cramp00
lol

pdc093
I'm watching the resulting discussion by the panel. He's come so far since letting his anger get the best of him.
What a shame.
TXAggie2011
AG
Novak knew the split second when he could tell it was going to hit her. Terrible luck, but there's no gray area and he has to go.

Really a shame, but this makes the men's tournament quite a bit more interesting.
Bigballin
AG
Very disappointing. Following the tournament closer this year since tennis seems to be less politicized and to have have some **** like that. Completely on par for 2020.
bigjag19
AG
2nd serve, after killing a man
rynning
AG
Rules are rules, but that was not a hard swing and doesn't even appear to be a swing out of frustration.
Sports-Ag
AG
It's going to be weird not seeing one of the big 3 win a grand slam but makes the tournament exciting to see a different player win.

That's one of the good things about tennis. They stick to the rules. Not like the NBA where you give the players an inch and they take a mile and if you do it once they expect it to happen every time.
Scar Tissue
AG
Novak was frustrated and mad. He had already slammed a ball against a wall earlier in the match. He deserved to be disqualified.
TXAggie2011
AG
He didn't smash a forehand, but he it on a line (harder than the slow-mo above would make it seem) towards the back wall after losing serve. He was definitely frustrated and definitely not just tapping the ball back to the ball kid.
safety guy
AG
I'm a huge Novak fan. He deserves whatever he gets on this one. He has walked the line on this kind of stuff for years. He struck the umpires chair at Wimbledon last year and touched the umpire this year in Australia. Not a hard touch but it was an intentional touch. Just can't do that kind of stuff especially in his position.
Gap
AG
Really stupid decision. It was not purposeful. Players hit balls like that all the time into the net or wall after a point.
TXAggie2011
AG
Players really don't do that all the time.

Novak knew he screwed up, and he absolutely broke a long-held rule.

There's not a person who has ever been associated with the game that I've seen so far say they think it was the wrong decision.

oragator
And instead of hanging around for the post match press conference and being a man about what happened, he left the grounds.

This was him a couple of years ago defending his on court antics. Hard not to see karma at play here, especially after his decisions earlier this year with Covid.

TXAggie2011
AG
Somewhere in the world, Nick Kyrgios has popped a bowl of popcorn and is enjoying the hell out of this
oragator
His mea culpa here.

https://instagr.am/p/CE0AzAOH2cp
TXAggie2011
AG
He needs to say it out loud. I think everyone knows it was an accident he hit the woman, but it's going to follow him around until he talks out loud about it.
Gap
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

He needs to say it out loud. I think everyone knows it was an accident he hit the woman, but it's going to follow him around until he talks out loud about it.
What more is there to say that he didn't in his communication? He apologized. It meets the heartfelt standard necessary and of course he promised to do better in the future.

You want a bunch or reporters and staff to get together during covid and unnecessarily endanger themselves?
Sports-Ag
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Somewhere in the world, Nick Kyrgios has popped a bowl of popcorn and is enjoying the hell out of this

Fall92
AG
At least Serena can't complain about disparate Treatment anymore. The rules just got applied to the world #1 and top men's seed.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Cen-Tex
AG
What's worse is when Djokovic left the court, walking thru the tunnel without his mask while thousands watched. (sarc)
TXAggie2011
AG
Gap said:

TXAggie2011 said:

What more is there to say that he didn't in his communication? He apologized. It meets the heartfelt standard necessary and of course he promised to do better in the future.

You want a bunch or reporters and staff to get together during covid and unnecessarily endanger themselves?

I'm just saying he needs to say it out loud, even if he's saying generally the same sentiment.

That he skipped the press conference and went right to the car has already, I read, gotten him fined and caused some controversy in the tennis world.

And no, I don't want people gathering around unnecessarily
TXAggie2011
AG
Sports-Ag said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Ha. There you go. I'll say 10
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.