Aggie Hockey: Regionals?

1,319 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wasntme
1836er
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't seen anything on the team website or their twitter page in the last week about the schedule for regionals.

Does anyone know if they've announced when/where they are playing next and if it will be streaming online?
zannlaw
I have not seen an announcement. The games may be streamed by Black Dog Hockey or they may be on the ACHA youtube channel.
1836er
AG
Update 2/17:

Having seen nothing on the tamuicehockey end of things (their website, twitter, facebook, etc.) since the TCHC tournament regarding the upcoming regionals, I dug around on the ACHC website until I eventually found what appears to be the schedule for this season's regionals.

http://achahockey.org/view/achahockey/divisions/men-s-d2-1/2019-20-regionals

I don't see the Aggies listed on the West regional (Idaho) schedule, although I do see that East Texas Baptist University is listed as the 10 seed and playing on Feb. 27.

Did something happen that prevented the Aggies from being able to compete at regionals and ETBU took their place... or am I reading this wrong/missing something?
zannlaw
Quote:

Thursday, February 27
2pm: #9 Northern Arizona University vs. #12 Boise State University
2:15pm: #10 East Texas Baptist University vs. #11 Cal State-Northridge

Whoa! That ain't right.
wasntme
Word on the street is, Texas A&M used an illegible player for the playoffs and had to forfeit their TCHC Championship. Not a good look for the team!!
zannlaw
Is this still rumor or has it been announced somewhere?
wasntme
Not a rumor.
Pretty sad if you ask me. They were getting some publicity, team was looking good. They could have won the TCHC Championship without pulling this stunt. There should definitely be further ramifications from this.
Harry Dunne
Well you wanted D1...nothing is more "D1" than rampant cheating!
zannlaw
Who was the ineligable player?
Harry Dunne
1836er
AG
Hmm. If that is true I guess it's why all the social media for the team and the conference has gone dark for the last few days.

Two thoughts:

1) Assuming the reason for the above is true, that means it's probably been determined that it's in the best interests of both the team and the league to not draw unnecessary attention to the situation... so I would suggest that perhaps this thread be locked and even hidden/removed by the mods for the time being.

2) Having played club sports myself and been in a leadership position I know firsthand that eligibility issues can sometimes be complicated and/or tricky situations... and that they are not always the byproduct of nefarious intent. That being the case, unless I hear credible information otherwise in terms of details I will refrain from jumping to conclusions.
wasntme
1836er said:

Hmm. If that is true I guess it's why all the social media for the team and the conference has gone dark for the last few days.

Two thoughts:

1) Assuming the reason for the above is true, that means it's probably been determined that it's in the best interests of both the team and the league to not draw unnecessary attention to the situation... so I would suggest that perhaps this thread be locked and even hidden/removed by the mods for the time being.

2) Having played club sports myself and been in a leadership position I know firsthand that eligibility issues can sometimes be complicated and/or tricky situations... and that they are not always the byproduct of nefarious intent. That being the case, unless I hear credible information otherwise in terms of details I will refrain from jumping to conclusions.

1) Why lock this thread? There is no reason to 'sweep this under the rug'. They need to be held accountable.
There has been nothing said here that would warrant such actions.

2) There were no 'complication' issues here. The intent was perfectly clear. I'm not asking you to jump to any conclusions, just laying out the facts. Take it for what you want.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.