track and field signing class

5,073 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TRM
mred
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Several that post on this forum are very in the know when it comes to our signing class and future recruits. It would be greatly appreciated if a recap of the current signing class and possible future signee could be done. So difficult to get good information on track and field. Thank you in advance
TRM
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2019/11/20/track-and-field-texas-am-track-inks-stellar-signing-class.aspx

Clay is the top 800 runner and a potential point scorer. Yeboah has the point scoring capability in the 60 and 100. He has room for improvement in the 200. Clarke is a Sr transfer and has a chance to get us points at nationals.

If Etiwe progresses he can be in the mix to score for us eventually. Justin Robinson was the prize in the 400.

Don't know much about the Street and Hankins in the javelin, but I bet those throws are still with the U18 weight. They'll need to adjust to the heavier javelin. If they make the adjustment, they can be in the mix.

Distin's PB are incorrect in the article but she has a chance to score in both the TJ and HJ. I've seen her PB as 43'+ and 6'2"

Mustin will run the 800 and 4x4 for us. I think she has the potential to score as freshman. I won't expect Owens and Burnett scoring individually as a freshman, but it's possible depending on how they mature and develop. I definitely expect Owens to be apart of the 4x1 and 4x4 and Burnett to be apart of the 4x1.
mred
Thank you for the analysis for the signing class. Didnt understand about justin robinson though. Did he sign with us?
TRM
AG
No. He signed with Arizona St. He's a special talent though.
TRM
AG
Both classes are rated #2 by MileSplit
TRM
AG
Oh yeah, we're also recruiting Devon Achane (football/track). He'd be another big time sprinter (20.46 200M) if we can land him. Another football player to watch for next year is Bryce Foster (throws).
mred
Thanks texaggierm for all the info.
Look Out Below
AG
Street and Hankins are the #1 returning high schoolers in the U.S. in the javelin this year.

Achane (#1 200 runner in HS) committed last night and it looks like Coach Henry played a major role in his decision.

On the men's side, this could end up being the best signing class in team history. The women's class is not shabby either with three of the top 20 recruits in the country. Milesplit has both signing classes at #2 (pre-Achane). If they add any more blue chip recruits they may well end up ranked #1.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Look Out Below said:

Street and Hankins are the #1 returning high schoolers in the U.S. in the javelin this year.

Achane (#1 200 runner in HS) committed last night and it looks like Coach Henry played a major role in his decision.

On the men's side, this could end up being the best signing class in team history. The women's class is not shabby either with three of the top 20 recruits in the country. Milesplit has both signing classes at #2 (pre-Achane). If they add any more blue chip recruits they may well end up ranked #1.
The hiring of Brandon Hon was huge for recruiting. This is how Tech came out of nowhere to be contenders, by hiring young recruiters.
Look Out Below
AG
I would say Hon and Mallard both. The 800 signees this year are impressive.
aggiepe
I think Hon has a great social media presence also. Something we didn't have before. I believe this is very important nowadays with recruiting,
Finally the aggie track twitter account is posting about recruits and welcoming recruits on signing.
Again something we didn't have much before because you only knew officially who signed when the official 12th man articles come out. Glad the twitter account is giving more recruiting updates
They need to start welcoming recruits on their recruiting visits now.
USC and other big track schools are very active with recruits on social media
Look Out Below
AG
You are not allowed to 'welcome' recruits on social media for official visits. You can't do anything but like or retweet until they've signed scholarship papers.

I think the combination of younger, more social media-savvy coaches has certainly helped us in recruiting. Perhaps our media relations folks are improving as well.
TRM
AG
You can DM through social media before they sign. Kids now spend more time doing that than talking on the phone.
Sub4
AG

Another Stud recruit for the 800m Crew. The middle distance signing class this year has been unbelievable. I cant wait to see what happens over the next few years if we can keep the momentum of getting the best recruits at this distance.
dlbarnes76
AG
Glad to see things trending back in the right direction Whatever the reasons, new outdoor stadium, younger media savvy coaches, etc. Likely a combination of all the above. Most schools would love to have down/off years like ours. Will likely have us back in contention for national championships soon!
TRM
AG
http://12thman.com/news/2019/12/6/track-and-field-texas-am-track-adds-orr-to-signing-class.aspx

We added another distance runner. Based off her 1500, she's a sub 5 min miler. We haven't had many of those coming out of high school.
triniaggie
AG
Athing Mu commits to Texas A&M. Another great recruit. I think the 2020 class is now number 1.
She can run from 200m to 1500m.
triniaggie
AG
Could you imagine Dominique Mustin, Syaria Richardson, Charokee Young and Athing Mu on a distance medley relay. Will love to be in the stands.
Also a 4x800 relay with Jean Jenkins
DosAgs
AG
Mu is a huge recruit. Crazy speed at multiple distances. Great recruiting this year.
Sub4
AG
Agreed, Athing Mu is the best recruit of the entire class. Which is saying a lot
Chapa96
AG
Athing Mu #1 Recruit

Outstanding!
aggiedad55
AG
This class could be Coach Henry's best recruiting class ever! Gigem Coach Henry!
triniaggie
AG
DosAgs
AG
Collins is a 400 hurdles guy?
triniaggie
AG
100m hurdle - 13.82
300m hurdle . 36,86
400m hurdle . 52.39
aggie67,74&76
AG
Amazing class signed by Coach Henry.
Houstonag
AG
Great job Pat. I can hardly wait to see all perform.
TRM
AG
Devon Achane has officially signed with A&M!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.