*** TASO / Sports Officiating thread ***

1,879 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gilligan
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought this could be a good place for officials from all levels and all sports to be able to discuss issues and have conversations,... maybe network a little bit, or recruit some new interested people.

I know there are a lot of good Aggie officials across the state/ country. Hopefully we can get a good conversation going.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm a second year football official (my only sport) and have been lucky enough to be on a varsity crew in the Houston chapter both years as a Head Linesman. Worked 12 varsity games in the regular season and 3 playoff games.

Im working my butt off with clinics and rules study with the intention of building towards a collegiate officiating career. I know it's going to take a time and experience, but I love it and am dedicated to getting better.
Wicked Good Ag
Did you work intramurals in college??
I did VB and BB for many years during and after TAMU
CoachRTM
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Did you work intramurals in college??
I did VB and BB for many years during and after TAMU

Unfortunately I didn't. Two of my best friends did and told me all about it. I thought coaching was going to be my way to stay connected to the game, so I was focused on that and didn't really get into officiating until I was 30+ years old. Wish it would have been much earlier.
Big_Worm
AG
I'm headed into my 4th season for football and just wrapped up my 12th baseball season. Got my first call to Austin this season for the state tournament. Was by far the coolest thing of my sports career! I hope all official's get to experience that at some point in their career. Looking forward to getting this football season kicked off. I wish I would have started football way back when I started baseball in college. Both are fun in different ways.
CoachRTM
AG
Big_Worm said:

I'm headed into my 4th season for football and just wrapped up my 12th baseball season. Got my first call to Austin this season for the state tournament. Was by far the coolest thing of my sports career! I hope all official's get to experience that at some point in their career. Looking forward to getting this football season kicked off. I wish I would have started football way back when I started baseball in college. Both are fun in different ways.

Congrats on the state tournament. I'm sure it was an experience you won't forget.

Really starting to get excited for football season - our draft is this coming Tuesday, looking forward to figuring out which games my crew is going to work.
Wicked Good Ag
Ref at the state tourney in VB years ago honor to do so

BB went deep. Never got into baseball as the initial starting expense was too much at the time.

Brazos Valley has a solid rep in most all sports and great way to earn extra money in college and beyond.

purplehayes
I'm a World Rugby licensed referee and CMO.
Gilligan
AG
Been doing the books for Varsity BB for eight years. I love it especially since my youngest son graduated two years ago. His last HS game was in Waco losing in the state championship.

These last two years with no skin in the game have been awesome.

Many years ago I ref'd football for two years. I got tired of being chased off the field. The parents, coaches and some of the kids were just awful.

I appreciate all of the ref's MOST of the time...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.