Volleyball A&M 3 -LSU 2

1,526 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
Artimus Gordon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations and Great win ladies!
coloradoag69
AG
They rallied from down 1 - 2 in sets to win the last two.

The final set was 15 - 13 I believe. It was a real squeaker on the road.

Congratulations to the ladies.
Chapa96
AG
Great win!
Wicked Good Ag
I watched the live stats from ice skating rink that kids were at. Looked like Patterson and Conner went off statistically. Hopefully get to watch the game in replay on sec network plus later although I hate already knowing the outcome.

I thought the first three matches in conference would be a telling indicator of how we are going to be

3-0 is a great start against what most people thought would be the third and fourth teams in conference this year. And they have finished some end games lately that they didn't

That said two of the three they have won are winless in conference and the next two we play are undefeated with perennial power and national runner up Florida and surprising South Carolina on the road followed by a hot and cold auburn team at home.

5-1 would be awesome
RoseRichAg01
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
flintdragon
AG
I think the more pressure they can take off of Hans by finding more ways to score points, the better Hans will play overall. It seems she has gotten a lot more consistent with her serves as well. Connor can generate lots of points on her own which is fanstastic.
Artimus Gordon
I watched the last three sets. Took me the first two to get espn watch working.

In the fifth set we had two service errors and still kept our poise enough to win the set. Another thing I liked was that Bird had two freshman in for the final 15 points and they didn't wilt a bit. One of them, and I forget which one was real quick with her jump and could dump the ball into the LSU court before LSU could block it.

Another thing I liked was that Bird kept her cool during the timeouts. She kept teaching even when the outcome was in the balance. All the girls were real attentive and determined. The LSU coach had her team on the bench and she was ripping them a new one. You could tell LSU was tight in the final set.

One thing is for certain we didn't have as much talent as LSU, yet we still won at their place. Two of the LSU players could get high above the net and the outstretched hands of our blockers. We took several shots off the tips of our defenders fingers to points for LSU.

Our defenders just aren't able to get off the floor and get any height for a block. Neither are they very fast getting off the floor. This also caused several/many of our shots to be blocked for points. Our outside hitters are slow, they have to almost wind up to hit the ball and it doesn't have much steam on it when they do. So this costs us a few points. No doubt this will be cured with recruiting the next couple of years.

But they kept fighting and won against a more talented team at their place, which is extremely nice to see, after the problems last year. This team should keep getting better as the coaches find out what players to use in certain situations on the court.
Wicked Good Ag
You think Hans is slow and can't hit the ball ? She is one of maybe four players in the SEC in line for player of the year in conference.

LSU has probably one of the worse setting situations in the SEC but makes up for it in other areas but is having problems this season after raised expectations coming in to the season.

I am glad to see one thing...we are getting better at end game play with the fifth set win against Georgia and also LSU that was a problem last season and most of this season even under new coaching staff. I think that Bird will be recruiting a different type of player than previously but we certainly aren't short and Conner is becoming a offensive setter like Allie Sawatsky was most of her career. This could bode well to hold the block and open up the middle while still scoring points from the right side of the court
Pioneer
They went 5 sets with a 5-10 lsu team? Hey, a win is a win. One thing for sure is the move to the SEC was good for volleyball, the SEC is weak. It's basically Florida, Kentucky and then the others.

Here is the list of commits for the the next couple of years... so far...

Claire Jeter 6-3 2020 MB/RS TX Ridge Piont Houston Skyline

Brooke Frazier 5-8 2021 L/DS TX Concordia Lutheran Hou Skyline

Shelby O'Neal 6-0 2020 OH TX Samuel Clemens Alamo

Erica Lowery 5-5 2020 Lib TX Langham Creek Houston Juniors

Sabrina Sustala 5-5 2019 Lib TX Cypress Ranch Houston Juniors

Lauren Davis 6-3 2019 OH FL Bishop Moore Top Select

Will be interesting to see if they keep the legacy, Davis. She was a recruit of the former staff.
Wicked Good Ag
Pioneer said:

They went 5 sets with a 5-10 lsu team? Hey, a win is a win. One thing for sure is the move to the SEC was good for volleyball, the SEC is weak. It's basically Florida, Kentucky and then the others.

Here is the list of commits for the the next couple of years... so far...

Claire Jeter 6-3 2020 MB/RS TX Ridge Piont Houston Skyline

Brooke Frazier 5-8 2021 L/DS TX Concordia Lutheran Hou Skyline

Shelby O'Neal 6-0 2020 OH TX Samuel Clemens Alamo

Erica Lowery 5-5 2020 Lib TX Langham Creek Houston Juniors

Sabrina Sustala 5-5 2019 Lib TX Cypress Ranch Houston Juniors

Lauren Davis 6-3 2019 OH FL Bishop Moore Top Select

Will be interesting to see if they keep the legacy, Davis. She was a recruit of the former staff.

Jester and Davis are for sure Corbelli's recruits but Lauren Davis is #94 recruit in nation who many expected to be top 50. Another one not in the Rich Kern list is the new recruit for Bird who is #11 in the country and not listed above
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.