New Track Construction

9,387 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SchizoAg
aggierun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While track and field won't resume outdoors until next Spring, I believe the new track was to be completed by sometime this fall....How is the construction coming? THANKS!
hurdledog
Look Out Below
AG
According to their Facebook page, the new building is supposed to be finished on Oct. 22. Several pictures on that site of the progress.
alanbynum
AG
I understand that the new stadium will have an initial seating capacity of 2,200. Is there room (and/or plans) to build more capacity? I know that it is better than what we had - which was essentially nothing - but with an enrollment of more than 68,000,,,, 2,200 seems small. How will our stadium compare with other stadiums not in Oregon.
Look Out Below
AG
There are future plans to build more seating and additional items as funding permits.

The facility, in its entirety, will be as good as anyone has at the moment. To the best of my knowledge, no school in the country has two Olympic-sized tracks next to each other to train & perform on. The space also allows for spreading the throwing events out across the property. By far the biggest beneficiaries will be our team and staff who will now have a day-to-day facility (locker rooms, meeting rooms, training room, equipment room, athletes lounge, offices) worthy of their accomplishments.
fourth deck
AG
Are they going to tear up and replace the old track once the new one is finished? I thought it was in such bad shape it was unusable. Also, what will come of the old track building and grandstand (and softball stadium for that matter) with the new digs?
Look Out Below
AG
They will keep the old track as a warm-up track for competitions -- again that is a huge plus for the facility having two tracks next to each other. I'm sure it will be resurfaced at some point. No idea on everything else.
Artimus Gordon
Maybe eventually they could put a roof over it and make it an indoor practice facility for outdoor track.

Sports-Ag
AG
I think the old track helps us as a warm up area. I been to a college track meet and have seen runners warming up outside the stadium or in the parking lot.
aggierun
While no schedule for outdoor track has been posted or announced yet, TCU has posted their "19 schedule and they are scheduled to compete at A&M on April 13. Will be interesting to see what the home schedule looks like on the new "state of the art" track.
TRM
AG
The track schedule usually comes out around October, but I will definitely be there in April.
tk for tu juan
Looking forward to the seat selection process that will likely occur during the cold weather of January/February
oklaunion
The outdoor schedule is available. There will be 4 meets in the spring.
Look Out Below
AG
First, second and fourth weekend in April. First weekend in May.
aggierun
Would someone please post where the 2019 outdoor schedule is posted...THANKS!
tk for tu juan
Looking at the construction cam, the placement of the steeplechase water jump seems slightly different than where you would see it at most tracks. It looks like it is located close to the 200m start area instead of just after mid-corner. Guess the alternative spirit/hurdle lanes down the middle of the field forced the different location.

How much variance is allowed in the water jump location?
tk for tu juan
Base layer of the track surface is in place
Buttons
AG
Ferg
Looks like the camera is down.
rugger74
AG
Projected completion date was August. Should be completed this month.
93 AG
tk for tu juan
There will not be any issues with holding a meet at night. Noticed the lighting system is very bright while driving by the stadium when leaving the game
fourth deck
AG
Is the track stadium finished yet?
Look Out Below
AG
Not yet. I'm told the building might be finished by the end of the month but the track itself will be longer. The influx of rain the last month has caused some delays.
TRM
AG
Just saw this on shared today.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/sports/Aggie-Track-and-Field-has-new-home-504506422.html?fbclid=IwAR3mCMcTn40xLZ4ZxnWa8o-ApFyirujvKBGan2NLBLXL_wUA3KqtP2sxXYc&jwsource=cl
VaultingChemist
AG
Dwight Stone just mentioned on the SEC network that the new track facility is one of the two fastest in the country.
alanbynum
AG
Have they completed construction on the Track Stadium? I cannot seem to find any pictures on the internet and my link to the construction cam no longer functions. I have seen videos of the insides of the facilities - they look great - but not the actual track since the black top was laid.
rwtxag83
AG
Bump
Greater love hath no man than this....
oklaunion
I attended the Twilight Indoor meet this last weekend and was told the surface hadn't been laid yet and that it needs a completely dry subsurface before doing so. My bet is that there won't be a full complement of meets this year.

Regarding fast indoor tracks, the new Red Raider surface is turning in some nice times.
aggierun
ANYONE KNOW IF A&M IS STILL SCHEDULED TO HOST THEIR FIRST MEET IN EARLY APRIL?
Look Out Below
AG
The entire home meet schedule is still on the A&M track schedule page.
tk for tu juan
Just received an email about the season ticket seat selection scheduled near the end of this month, exciting times
tk for tu juan
Anyone receive their seat selection order position yet, or will that be given during check-in on Saturday morning?

EDIT: The email arrived around ten minutes after I posted. Slightly higher number in line than I thought it would be.
TRM
AG
You should get an email with your number.

Eta: They emailed me my selection number today.
tk for tu juan
Tamu_mgm
AG
Wow, looks legit
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.