Super Rugby 2018

1,343 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by corndog04
corndog04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts this weekend with the SA teams (and jags), everyone else next weekend. I'm going for the Hurricanes again this year as they have still have the most Barretts.

For those that don't know, all games available for replay on WatchESPN app on your mobile device or smart TV.

I'll be in Australia at the end of March and am trying to decide between seeing the Rebels and Hurricanes in Melbourne or catching an AFL match instead. Tough choice!
rugger74
AG
Thanks for the heads up.
corndog04
AG
I wound up attending the Hurricanes in Rebels on Friday night in Melbourne. It was a great atmosphere with about 16k in attendance; as it was a long Easter weekend there was a pretty heavy contingent of travelling kiwis so I didn't feel too out of place rooting for the Hurricanes. Close match in the first half but the Hurricanes blew it open in the 2nd. I had great seats, and after following the All Blacks and Hurricanes remotely for a couple of years now it was awesome seeing some of these guys up close and in person.

It's got a long way to go, but I'm really hopeful that MLR will take off and be able to offer a similar experience in a few years.
FrickinFracker
AG
That's amazing!!! I'd love to do that.

For fun, take a look at the Utah Warriors' Facebook page. They had an official attendance of 9156 at their inaugural exhibition game against Glendale!!! A few months ago, I was agog at Houston's 5200 attendance for their inaugural game! I'm very interested in their attendance for their match against Ontario (who tied Houston and lost to NYC) this Friday. It will be streamed on YouTube.
FrickinFracker
AG
Tony Ridnell wrote a GREAT opinion piece about MLR this last weekend. I'll try to find a link
FrickinFracker
AG
https://blog.ridnell.com/2018/04/01/major-league-rugby-usmlr-what-a-weekend-standards-are-high-and-the-world-is-watching/
TexAg15
AG
This is an MLR thread now. I think it'll be a really fun competition. Glendale will win it easily, Houston and Utah will fight for second and third, NOLA and SD for fourth and fifth, Seattle sixth, and Austin might not even finish the season.

Go SabreCats
FrickinFracker
AG
let's start an MLR thread. It's close enough to kickoff!
FrickinFracker
AG
I saw the score to the Hurricanes v Sharks match, so I'm going to have to go back and watch it. I never would have expected the Sharks to be doing so well this season.
purplehayes
Frick- keep a CLOSE eye on the last 2 minutes...
FrickinFracker
AG
Wow! That was incredible. All in extra time. TJ Perinara is such a good SH.
corndog04
AG
Just watched the replay, that was awesome!
corndog04
AG
ESPN+ went live and with it no new SANZAR matches will be available on ESPN3/watchESPN

ESPN+ has free 30 day trial and then either $4.99/month or $49.99/year. I'll likely buy the year to catch MLR, super rugby, and the rugby championship. Unfortunately non-native Roku app yet, but I'm sure it is coming.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.