VOLLEYBALL - STAFF

2,617 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by flintdragon
rosstradamas70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
it is past time to set up volleyball with their own board guys!! starts in a couple of days and we have NOthing!
ross skillman 70
tk for tu juan
We should be able to get some inside information from one of the interns listed on the staff page.
Wicked Good Ag
Aiple medical retirement. Lexy Lopez not on roster
Freshman will be good and couple of them may crack the lineup this year
Preseason Schedule will be so tough after first weekend of play
Passing (first contact) will be important with new setter
MarleyFeed97
AG
anyone going to exhibition match v TCU today? never been to TCU campus so trying to figure out where to park and if I need to buy tix?
-MarleyFeed97
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Did they get TROUNCED by TCU ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
MarleyFeed97
AG
Yep
-MarleyFeed97
Gap
AG
Should I care about the exhibition match? They have looked good in the first two regular season games. Did they play the exhibition match differently? We have a really tough schedule coming in the next two weeks or so playing 4 teams ranked in the top 7.
Wicked Good Ag
After week one of the season the Aggies will be facing the toughest schedule known to man

In the next few weeks we will play the current # 1,3,4,5 and 6 teams along with two others receiving votes (which one is a solid mid major)

Assessment of the team after week one

the Aggies went 2-0 for the weekend with Texas State pulling out of the tourney

It was typical play for an early season tourney
passing was better than I expected for week one but the progression in the next couple of weeks will be the important part
The loss of Aiple to medical brings us the freshman Conner in to take second contact
She will need to work on middle connection and set location when not in system but the future does look good with a lefty setter who is willing to be offensive similar to Allie Sawatsky was prior to Aiple taking over setting duties
the freshman middle from Arizona impressed me and will likely be a four year starter
Ashlie Reasor didn't get much attempts in the first match (something we will need more of in the future) and didn't play in the second match.
Kierra McGee and Holland Hans did well on the outside and McGee got some time in the back row and defensively did quite well. Her passing will dictate future possibility as a six rotation player
Haans gave us an attack from the back row that we haven't seen since Kelsey Black and Sarah Ammerman for the most part but also willing to hit with power from behind the ten foot line
Her serve will be one of the better ones in the SEC this year

Pleas come watch two storied programs as number one ranked Stanford is playing the best program of the last decade in Penn State this Friday at 6:30. Event is free and will be some of the better VB in college this season
We then play Penn State on Saturday at 4:30 and Stanford on Sunday at 11am
Cowboy1990
Enjoyed watching my 12 year old daughter and her teammates win thwir first MS match this evening. She made the A team as a starter and was the only player to never come out of the game for either team. She's not a star, but she's worked hard and knows not only where she's supposed to be but where all of her teammates are supposed to be as well. I hope tonight was the start of something special for her and this group of girls as I really think they have the makings of a special team down the road.
flintdragon
AG
Crusaders41 said:

Enjoyed watching my 12 year old daughter and her teammates win thwir first MS match this evening. She made the A team as a starter and was the only player to never come out of the game for either team. She's not a star, but she's worked hard and knows not only where she's supposed to be but where all of her teammates are supposed to be as well. I hope tonight was the start of something special for her and this group of girls as I really think they have the makings of a special team down the road.
Howdy fellow volleyball dad (if you are a dude).

Where are you at? My kid's been in club and school volleyball for a few years now. She finished MS last year and made the Round Rock HS freshmen team and seems to play all around most of the time.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.