Why Did Kerley and Little Do So Poorly AT World Track ?

987 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both finished seventh about two seconds off their recent NCAA wins !

Both faltered yesterday in the last 50 yards after being in the chase to that point.

Was it because they have not had the discipline of daily practices at A&M under supervision

of our coaches ? Leading to lack of stamina when it was needed .

Or, was it the pressure of top competition on the world stage ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
tk for tu juan
Fred ran a full college indoor and outdoor season of 400m and 4x400m along with scattered 200m and 4x100m. He's probably out of gas
Oogway
I don't think Ms. Little ran for A&M this year, although I believe she trained in College Station?
Not to make excuse, but no one provably had better hopes for his performance than Mr. Kerley himself. He did just finish an extremely taxing collegiate season in which he ran very very well. He is young, give him time and if it were me, give him a little space. Only he knows the limits to his potential so give him the opportunity to reach it.

I am excited for them and for the up and coming Aggie athletes.

Edit--tk types faster than me. Probably runs faster than me, too!
TRM
AG
Shamier seemed off in the semis. It looked like she was pushing being in the outside lane and it looked lie she was off balance the later half of the race as she hurdled. Of course, if she didn't clip the hurdle in the heats, I think she would have been fine.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
All good points ! Thanks for your input.

Ameer Webb just got 2nd in his 200 heat and looked strong !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
tk for tu juan
Oogway said:

Edit--tk types faster than me. Probably runs faster than me, too!
Haha, the last time I was ever competitive in track was junior high. Did the 100m, 4x100m, 400m, 4x400m, LJ,and HJ. In the transition to high school I was dead set on just football, football, football like most Texas kids. I should have at least tried the 400m in high school. One of those regrets I get watching every track meet nowadays. Ended up quitting football after 10th grade and sticking with drumline for the rest of high school.
Pahdz
I think we forget how taxing things can be in track. Look at some of the people who ran this meet backwards. Some German girl ran sub 11 seconds in her 100m heat and failed to make the final. Tracks biggest new star, Wayde Van Niekirk barely made the 200 finals, an event he was supposed to coast to victory in. The 400 competition took a lot out of him. That long NCAA season plus US trials and then some diamond league events on top of that has worn Kerley down. No worries though, kids got a wonderful future.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
How about the guy leading with 10 feet to go, stumbles and finishes 6 or7 ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Webb 5th in 200 final !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.