***** USA Track & Field Championships *****

2,892 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nationals started yesterday.
Fred and Mylik advanced in the 400. Brazier advanced in the 800 and Dixon missed out on the last time qualifier.
On the woman's side, Aaliyah Brown ran 11.01 to advance and Sammy Watson advanced in the 800. Jessica Beard also reached the semis in the 400. Natosha Rogers finished 5th in the 10k and Stulce and Audrey Malone finished 7th and 8th in the Javelin.

Jrs will also take place at the same time. William Petersson finished 2nd in the javelin.

http://results.usatf.org/2017Outdoors/

[url=http://results.usatf.org/2017Outdoors/][/url]
http://results.usatf.org/2017JrOutdoors/
TRM
AG
Good day for the Aggies.
Aaliyah Brown finished 5th in the 100m Final.
Fred Kerley advanced to the 400m final, but Mylik did not despite running a 44.85. Jessica Beard also advanced to the women's final.
Shamier Little and Robert Grant both advanced to the 400H semis.
Brazier just got the squeaked through to advance to the 880 Final.

Sammy Watson and Natosha Rogers will be in shortly
TRM
AG
Sammy Watson makes the finals in the 800.
tk for tu juan
Another exciting freshman 800m runner to watch at A&M
ksmith3764
Sammy wearing the pro Nike uniform. Any info on that? Would hate to lose her
Pahdz
What about Paul Chelimo last night? Holy crap
Look Out Below
AG
If Sammy was going pro, we would all know it pretty quickly.

Oladipo wins the Junior discus. Mark my words, he is going to be GOOD.
Oogway
I crashed before that came on but caught it on video. That was interesting to watch. Will be waiting for Worlds to see what the plan is...
TRM
AG
Chelimo looked really good. I think he will challenge Lagat's AR.
TRM
AG
Kerley running in about 20 minutes. Audie Wyatt is tied for 1st and has cleared 5.60m
Sports-Ag
AG
Kerley wins the 400.
Rock_Aggie
Why did Robert Grant get dq'ed? I didn't notice anything wrong watching on NBC. 5th place stumbled on last hurdle but i didn't see any contact. Back to back meets with unfortunate endings to his 400 hurdles.
______________________________________________________ I suffered thru Tom Wilson and I don't ever want to go back there.
Look Out Below
AG
Allegedly for 'hooking' the hurdles i.e. swinging his leg around them instead of going over the top
aggierun
Wow! Deja vu for Grant...same thing happened last year at Olympic Trials. Great competitor, but seems sake bitten.
triniaggie
AG
Was pretty impressed with Aaliyah Brown running yesterday. She was actually in the lead in the early part of the race. Just get nipped by the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place runners. Maybe if she had leaned at the line instead of running through she might have sneaked in for third and an individual qualifying spot. Great run though from lane 1.

I was wondering why Jazmine Fray was not entered in the US 800m trials and thought it might have been an injury or something no knowing she had Jamaican parentage and ran at the Jamaican trials and qualified for World championship placing second
TRM
AG
Coverage starts in 10 minutes. Ameer Webb advances to the 200 final earlier today.
TRM
AG
Brazier is the national champ!
TRM
AG
Shamier Little runs 52.75 is the runner-up in the 400H and Sammy Watson runs 2:00.99 to finish 6th.
TRM
AG
Great finish and lean by Webb!
Stone44
AG
This years national champions in 200,400, & 800 are Texas Aggies. Wow!
jess09
Grant did the same thing in the semi's on the 400h, not bringing his trail leg over the hurdle, but on the side, at the ncaa's.. I thought he'd be dq'd there but they didn't see or flag it.
triniaggie
AG
See Sammy Watson interview after placing 6th at the US championship in the 800 m. She talks about going to Texas A&M and getting the best training in the world.

http://www.milesplit.com/videos/222523?utm_campaign=usatf2017outdoortfchampionships&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=video&utm_term=sammywatsoninterview&rtid=7255&coverage_id=255529

mullokmotx
AG
Great to see Donovan and Shamier come back from their disappointments in the Trials last year. I hope 12thman.com keeps an update on Aggies at the Worlds.
mullokmotx
AG
Did not see Maggie Malone or Shelbi Vaughn on the list of competitors. Were they injured?
triniaggie
AG
Oregon's Deajah Stevens turns pro after her junior year
TRM
AG
Jaevin Reed ran 51.71 for 2nd at the Pan Am Jrs and Gabe Oladipo finished 4th in the discus throwing 57.81m.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.