Anyone watching super rugby?

2,592 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FrickinFracker
corndog04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This game has been growing on me. I watched a lot of the '15 world cup and then a lot of last year's rugby championship and figured I'd give this a shot. Many (all?) matches are available on WatchESPN.

rugger74
AG
Love the game. Just wish the match times were better suited for sleep schedule.
corndog04
AG
Yeah, I just tend to watch the replays on ESPN on weekend mornings while my wife sleeps in. I was tempted to watch the Hurricanes match live at 1015pm local last night but was worried I wouldn't be able to make it through it.
TexAg15
AG
I follow the Juagares because they play in the Western Hemisphere so I get to watch more. It's fun to stay up with a 12 pack and watch games from NZ, OZ, and SA.
Old School Rucking
Old School Rucking
AG
Love me some super boom boom.

Hurricanes vs Highlanders should be a great one tonight. Will be awesome to watch Ben Smith finally return from injury.
corndog04
AG
That was a fun one and the only match I was able to watch this weekend. Jordie Barrett still needs some polishing but dude had some pretty impressive moments. Might wind up being every bit as good as his brother.
Rainmaker1
AG
Highlander's fan here...

Looking forward to watching the Lions be slated by the All Blacks!
TexAg15
AG
The lions team is MEH at best this year.
I'm looking forward to see who the Eagles have to play in Japan.
TrevorAgg2012
AG
I like watching these games on watch espn app, mainly the NZ games after the games are over (easy to avoid the scores). The European champions cup final was a very good game (also on the app). Generally I prefer Super rugby to the NH pro leagues because they play a more exciting style.
corndog04
AG
Really enjoying the Lions tour so far. Figured the Crusaders were going to smoke them, shocked they could only manage 3 points. They did have a really sweet haka though.
rugger74
AG
Watched the French Top 14 last week and was impressed with the physical play and skills of both teams. In the final, the flyhalf booted a dropkick 45 meters out for the win .
FrickinFracker
AG
I've been watching the B&I tour pretty consistently. The AB game on Friday night/Saturday morning is shaping up to be a good one
rugger74
AG
Watching the replay of the Chiefs vs. Lions. Thanks to Watchespn.
FrickinFracker
AG
I can't find the ABs v Lions game on WatchESPN from last night!!!!
corndog04
AG
Some YouTube links here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/6j7ozu/new_zealand_vs_lions_full_match_replay/
FrickinFracker
AG
You da real MVP, corndog04!
corndog04
AG
Looks like the AB vs Lions is on WatchESPN now. Hopefully the delay was just a fluke, I almost had a panic attack when I couldn't find it yesterday morning

I watch at least one super rugby match per week as well as all of the Lions tour so far and they've always been available the following morning except for this one.
FrickinFracker
AG
The fake news on Facebook is sure making it seem like the 2 South African teams being dropped from Super Rugby this year are joining Pro 12 next year!
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Lions and All Blacks finished with a drawn series.

What the **** was with the ref? What the **** is an accidental offsides?

God damn. Using an Aggie phrase here, but they simply ran out of time. So close. SO CLOSE.

BTW Crusaders is where it's at y'all.
corndog04
AG
From your post time I'm assuming you watched that live. I'm too lazy and watched the replay this morning

Tie was disappointing, thought NZ was better in all phases except for kicking. Oh well. Fun tour to watch.

Looking forward to the rest of the SR season. I'm pulling for the Hurricanes (and Highlanders after that), but not sure anyone will be able to stop the Crusaders.
corndog04
AG
Just saw stat that the Lions only had a lead for 3 mins of the entire series.
FrickinFracker
AG
Yeah I think the announcers called it correctly: I don't think the ref would have given that lenient of an interpretation had it been the first minute of the match rather than the final minute. Even still, the ABs had a chance to win it and drove it too close to the corner - though, there's ab argument to be made for the Lions not releasing on the final 2 tackles and pulling the ball carrier into touch.

Fun tour. Great matches. Ready for the finale on Super Rugby
t_J_e_C_x
AG
corndog04 said:

From your post time I'm assuming you watched that live. I'm too lazy and watched the replay this morning

Tie was disappointing, thought NZ was better in all phases except for kicking. Oh well. Fun tour to watch.

Looking forward to the rest of the SR season. I'm pulling for the Hurricanes (and Highlanders after that), but not sure anyone will be able to stop the Crusaders.
I did, I watched last weekends live too and was unable to watch the opener (sadly). I really thought they'd have it in within those last few seconds. They were meters away.

I wish it was easier to grab Rugby in America. Damn shame since it's such a amazing sport. I've had the pleasure of watching A&M kicks t.u.'s ass in Rugby in the Woodlands months ago and it was gorgeous.

Tie was disappointing, I wish they had gotten the penalty kick in the first minutes and the conversion at the end and we would be discussing a AB victory today.
FrickinFracker
AG
It sounds like you're around Houston. Check out the Houston Strikers - they're competing in the MLR for the inaugural season next year!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.