I absolutley HATE LSU, but they will smoke TCU

37,372 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Longhorn Doc
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
There's no hot streaks in baseball? No luck factor?
Of course there are hot streaks and luck factor - just like in every other sport out there. And TCU has been the beneficiary of some luck, no doubt. Name a team that hasn't.

And if it was a singular event, you could attribute it to the grace of the Baseball Gods bestowing luck upon a team.

But when TCU continues to win against some of the best competition, and has been able to do it fairly regularly for several years in a row now, you simply have to abandon the "they are lucky and really don't deserve to be here" mantra and admit that they simply are a good team.

That doesn't mean you have to don purple and become a pretentious dbag fan that gets ill at the thought of pumping your own gas because the driver daddy pays for is out sick for the day or anything like that. By all means, continue to dislike them because they compete with A&M. I know I will. But the idea that they are just this super lucky team that is only in the position they are in because they had a series of the most fortunate breaks of all time on the diamond is silly. They have talent, they have forced other teams into making mistakes, they have capitalized on mistakes made by teams they have played, they have proven that they have clutch hitting, great defensive fielding and damned good pitching and they have put themselves into position more often than their opponents in the post season to win the game - and have actually won the game.

That's not luck. Marginalize it all you want, but that's not luck.
mhayden
The banners TCU hangs won't have a * on them for luck.

Nor will Baylor Basketball's Sweet 16 banners.

All teams have a bit of luck go there way -- the good ones take advantage of said luck.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
All teams have a bit of luck go there way -- the good ones take advantage of said luck.
Goes without saying. We're pointing out TCU's cause they took advantage of their good fortune by beating us. I don't think anyone's claimed they were lucky to beat us. But a case can be made we were unlucky to lose to them.
mhayden
quote:
quote:
Goes without saying. We're pointing out TCU's cause they took advantage of their good fortune by beating us. I don't think anyone's claimed they were lucky to beat us. But a case can be made we were unlucky to lose to them.

Agreed, but "taking advantage of good fortune" is part of what makes a team good. You can have all the pieces in place but if you don't have a team that takes advantage of opportunities and/or good fortune, you likely won't be a champion.

At the end of the day TCU was a better team than us. TCU was a better team than LSU.

Next up is Vandy.
Aggieangler93
AG
I haven't seen a team all year that can scrap for a hit with RISP the way TCU does. If you ask me, that, coupled with their pitching depth, means they take it all at Omaha. I don't see Vandy getting in the way of that, unless somehow luck intrudes again.

I could be wrong, but this team they have seems special when it comes to big games, and their ability to hang in there long enough for something to go their way.

I cannot help but imagine what a year we would have had this year, if only Stubby and Minter hadn't gotten hurt.
BoerneGator
AG
^
|

There's that "luck" thing again.
Longhorn Doc
quote:
Don't kid yourself. TCU makes their luck.
Absolutely. TCU was a better team than LSU. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say TAMU is a better team than LSU. They gave TCU all it could handle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.