I absolutley HATE LSU, but they will smoke TCU

37,382 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Longhorn Doc
Justice Beaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
This year,2015, what were TCU's very, very, very favorable circumstances?

Eric Hyman on the selection committee and arguably one of the worst choke jobs in NCAA baseball history in the regional.
swimmerbabe11
Gotta give credit, LSU Baseball team now tweeting out thoughts and Prayers for Micah. That is really really cool.
Yell Practice
Will be Surprised if LSU doesn't win tonight. The Frog surely can not beat them twice. ??
EMY92
AG
quote:
Will be Surprised if LSU doesn't win tonight. The Frog surely can not beat them twice. ??
Two very good teams are playing, there are no guaranties. Either team could win a 1-0 or 3-2 type game or it could be a blowout.

The only thing that I can guaranty is that I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.
Macarthur
quote:
TCU has a very good program no doubt. But those Omaha trips came with very, very favorable circumstances -- really all 3 years. The knowledgeable college baseball fans know that
Yeah right.

If it were A&M that had been to 3 of 5 and someone was peddling this to you, you would tell them they are full of sh*t.
fordag4
AG
Tcu bullpen too strong. Expect Lsu to go home.
67walkon
I think I said NOT.
schmellba99
AG
Hyman is, to some degree anyway, a legitimate point.

But not the "choke job". You are completely dicounting TCU by marginalizing their comeback into something as simple as NC chocking away a sure win. It took a whale of an effort by a talented TCU team to make that comeback.

You can hate on TCU all you want, but the fact of the matter is that they arw a good team and have a damned solid program now, and have for the past several years.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:

But not the "choke job". You are completely dicounting TCU by marginalizing their comeback into something as simple as NC chocking away a sure win. It took a whale of an effort by a talented TCU team to make that comeback.

You can hate on TCU all you want, but the fact of the matter is that they arw a good team and have a damned solid program now, and have for the past several years.

They scored something like 8 runs off 3 hits...how is that not a choke job?
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
quote:

They scored something like 8 runs off 3 hits...how is that not a choke job?

It was 2 hits but they were using their very secretive mind tricks. They willed themselves to that win and I'm surprised more teams don't try this. Only really, really good teams have those.
Foxo
AG
quote:
I absolutley HATE LSU, but they will smoke TCU
Suitable for framing.
El Agglos
TCU has 10 hits and 8 runs tonight... so does that make them good or bad? What is the consensus now?
TexasRebel
AG
They ran out of pitching.

Which comes first... 2 outs or 6 hits?
tamc12
AG
I have never seen a luckier team than TCU in my life.

They go 0-2 in their conference tournament and still host SR, thanks to their buddy Hyman, wonder if there was some good payola for him.

NC State looks like someone (Schloss?)drugged their Gatorade in their regional and put on an absolute clown show in the last 2 innings, making every error that can possibly be made in the game, I think. Add a run scored on the worst balk call by the ump ever called in the history of baseball. TCU wins on 7 "UNEARNED" runs in the last 2 innings. NC State could not have done more to give it to them than if they had sat down in the outfield and watch TCU run the bases.

A&M has never played well at Lupton. But TCU wins the SR series on an A&M error in the third game.
And Hendrix was getting squeezed on calls. Ump was really bad for both but became one sided by about the 12th inning.

Lsu completely was looking past TCU first game of the CW series. Tonight, it just seems as though so many things go TCU ways. LSU catcher trips on the batter box losing a foul ball that should have been an out.
Not saying that TCU hasn't played well against LSU, they have, but man do they have that lucky charm somehow.

TCU moves on!
Agsroll
AG
Don't kid yourself. TCU makes their luck.
TexasRebel
AG
I won't be surprised if another bogus "balk" shows up against Vandy.
Agsroll
AG
quote:
I won't be surprised if another bogus "balk" shows up against Vandy.
TCU is really in your dome. Get over it.
El Agglos
quote:
Don't kid yourself. TCU makes their luck.
Too late, we're already kidding ourselves.
TexasRebel
AG
Aren't you the one who just implied that TCU pays the umpires?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Only read page 6 here (up to my post) and if it is any indication of the thread, there are a whole lot of people who've nuked their credibility over wishful thinking.

I don't understand why, everything else being equal, Ags don't want TCU to win the CWS -- or at least get to the finals. Would show we were barely beaten (if at all) by a really good team. No, I don't like them either and ordinarily wouldn't be caught dead rooting for them. But that goes for LSU and Florida as well. An SEC (or any other) team winning doesn't help our program any, so why worry about it.

I thought Virginia was the only team in the CWS that didn't have a chance. Which is why I long ago gave up publicizing predictions.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
A&M has never played well at Lupton. But TCU wins the SR series on an A&M error in the third game.
TCU won the Super Regional because they royally kicked our ass in game 1 and then split 2 extra inning games.

We hit for a .155 average in game 3. Yeah, "they won on an error", but there were a hundred other things that happened in that game and series that determined the outcome of that series.

And too bad, so sad, anyways, part of the game is not to make mistakes. TCU didn't make as many mistakes.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Only read page 6 here (up to my post) and if it is any indication of the thread, there are a whole lot of people who've nuked their credibility over wishful thinking.
There is a whole lot of butt hurt.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
LSU catcher trips on the batter box losing a foul ball that should have been an out.

The game was 8-3 at this point.

TCU was on a mission tonight. Either way, TCU outscored LSU 18-7 in two games. That's not luck.
PatriotAg02
AG
TCU guuuuhhhhhhhhddddddd
dixichkn
AG
quote:
I don't understand why, everything else being equal, Ags don't want TCU to win the CWS -- or at least get to the finals. Would show we were barely beaten (if at all) by a really good team.

I used to subscribe to this line of thinking until I finally realized that NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S ASS how good you looked in your loss, or how far the team that beat you progresses. No one remembers or will give us any credit at all. We were just another speed bump on their way. So.......screw 'em. I hope Vandy beats the ever living piss out of them tomorrow. As bad as the Whistler is, the wooooooo people are 10X as obnoxious (and not nearly as original). Nor are we competing with Vandy very much for Texas recruits.

And........because Vandy didn't have our AD laying down for them.
AGinHI
AG
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't understand why, everything else being equal, Ags don't want TCU to win the CWS -- or at least get to the finals. Would show we were barely beaten (if at all) by a really good team.

I used to subscribe to this line of thinking until I finally realized that NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S ASS how good you looked in your loss, or how far the team that beat you progresses. No one remembers or will give us any credit at all. We were just another speed bump on their way. So.......screw 'em. I hope Vandy beats the ever living piss out of them tomorrow. As bad as the Whistler is, the wooooooo people are 10X as obnoxious (and not nearly as original). Nor are we competing with Vandy very much for Texas recruits.

And........because Vandy didn't have our AD laying down for them.
This. **** the Frogs.
Sea Gull
AG
Just like scoring 8 against NCST wasn't luck either, huh?

Baseball is a funny sport. Not saying TCU isn't a good team, but just because it's a blow out, doesn't mean some sort of luck wasn't involved. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes a team just has it. It's all about getting hot at the right time...TCU and Virginia timed it right this year.
Agsroll
AG
I guess TCU "timed it right" 3 of the last 5 years too.
Agsroll
AG
quote:
Aren't you the one who just implied that TCU pays the umpires?

Where did I imply that?
TexasRebel
AG
It's really the only way to "make luck" in baseball.

Other that the foreign substances that Snuffleupagus admitted his pitchers use.
twk
AG
TCU is a very good team because of the depth of its pitching staff. Have to tip your cap to them for being opportunistic at the plate and taking advantage of their chances.

If I'm an LSU fan, I'm asking why they played TCU twice and never got to pitch Lange against them. I still think that lefty-right matchup excuse for starting Poche in game 1 was BS--they just didn't respect TCU and thought they could get by with Poche. The other thing that was baffling about that decision is that, with the way games are spaced out at Omaha, your game 1 starter can definitely get two starts, provided you win a couple of games, and maybe 3 if you go the distance, yet, by starting Poche, Mainieri guaranteed that wasn't going to happen. Really puzzling. Who knows, TCU might have beaten Lange in game 1 anyway, but Mainieri did not set his team up to make a run through the tournament, in my opinion.
Agsroll
AG
quote:
It's really the only way to "make luck" in baseball.

Other that the foreign substances that Snuffleupagus admitted his pitchers use.

You are an idiot
Sea Gull
AG
There's no hot streaks in baseball? No luck factor? How did Tech into the CWS last year? Tech played a 4 seed in the Supers last year. All I'm saying is there are outside factors that play in to who makes the CWS. o say that the 8 teams in Omaha are the best 8 teams in baseball is a stretch...there are definitely outside factors that play into this. Are they good teams? Without a doubt. Can they be one of the best 8 teams? Sure, and I think TCU is. NCST had TCU dead in the water before completely ****ting the bed. TCU had almost nothing to do with it. Is NCST better than TCU? No...they just played better for 95% of the regional and self imploded. They got hot after that, and they are one of the last 4 standing. What if Minter and Stubbs had been healthy all year? A&M most likely gets the NS over TCU. Did TCU have anything to do with that? Nope...it's an outside factor.

And claiming that 3 out of the past 5 years is just luck is a fool's argument that I never made.

BTW, using that c/lol is a discussion about baseball makes you come across as a jackass. This isn't Old Rivalries.
Foxo
AG
quote:
TCU has 10 hits and 8 runs tonight... so does that make them good or bad? What is the consensus now?
The consensus is that TCU should not have even been selected as a 4 seed in the regionals and its all Hyman's fault for letting them in. At least that's what I understand.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.