I absolutley HATE LSU, but they will smoke TCU

37,415 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Longhorn Doc
BoerneGator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
...they just didn't respect TCU and thought they could get by with Poche.
Agree with this tactical error, as well as the resultant inability to throw Lange twice or three times. But the shame of it is, had Poche not made those two errors, they may have pulled it off. Big if!

Since our SR with them, their pitching staff has really impressed. What is so disconcerting for me is how'd they go 2 and Q in their conference tourney, then almost lose to NC State? Does not compute!
Yell Practice
Wow! Unbelievable.
victory
AG
quote:
I have never seen a luckier team than TCU in my life.

They go 0-2 in their conference tournament and still host SR, thanks to their buddy Hyman, wonder if there was some good payola for him.

NC State looks like someone (Schloss?)drugged their Gatorade in their regional and put on an absolute clown show in the last 2 innings, making every error that can possibly be made in the game, I think. Add a run scored on the worst balk call by the ump ever called in the history of baseball. TCU wins on 7 "UNEARNED" runs in the last 2 innings. NC State could not have done more to give it to them than if they had sat down in the outfield and watch TCU run the bases.

A&M has never played well at Lupton. But TCU wins the SR series on an A&M error in the third game.
And Hendrix was getting squeezed on calls. Ump was really bad for both but became one sided by about the 12th inning.

Lsu completely was looking past TCU first game of the CW series. Tonight, it just seems as though so many things go TCU ways. LSU catcher trips on the batter box losing a foul ball that should have been an out.
Not saying that TCU hasn't played well against LSU, they have, but man do they have that lucky charm somehow.

TCU moves on!

You don't really follow baseball that closely do you?
1. Conference tourney results have almost no bearing on super regional host sites
2. TCU is s very good team and crazy things happen in baseball games
3. Nobody is overlooking anybody in Omaha. Those 8 are there for a reason.

Some of you need to accept the fact that TCU is a damn good baseball team
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
What is so disconcerting for me is how'd they go 2 and Q in their conference tourney, then almost lose to NC State? Does not compute!

Well, the conference tourney thing is easy. They, along with everyone else, was told to let the sips win so they could make the tourney.
67walkon
Posted Last Monday

Wanna bet the Frogs get smoked? I saw tremendous pitching , total focus, solid defense, great base running, adequate hitting and good coaching...though the pine tar accusation was as bush league as I have seen. Their pitching will give them a chance. Not a TCU fan, just telling the truth. We were very good they were better in their park. In Olsen is another story. I will be pulling of the SEC but I think it will be Vandy and Florida in the final. Fire away.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
Posted Last Monday

Wanna bet the Frogs get smoked? I saw tremendous pitching , total focus, solid defense, great base running, adequate hitting and good coaching...though the pine tar accusation was as bush league as I have seen. Their pitching will give them a chance. Not a TCU fan, just telling the truth. We were very good they were better in their park. In Olsen is another story. I will be pulling of the SEC but I think it will be Vandy and Florida in the final. Fire away.
Spot on!
you moran
AG
Good win by TCU. They proved they were better on the field. Teakell was outstanding. LSU didn't have anyone to match him. I guess that LSU fan was right

Long past time for the Ags to take the next step. Start by finding a SS, Rob.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
There's no hot streaks in baseball? No luck factor? How did Tech into the CWS last year? Tech played a 4 seed in the Supers last year. All I'm saying is there are outside factors that play in to who makes the CWS. o say that the 8 teams in Omaha are the best 8 teams in baseball is a stretch...there are definitely outside factors that play into this. Are they good teams? Without a doubt. Can they be one of the best 8 teams? Sure, and I think TCU is. NCST had TCU dead in the water before completely ****ting the bed. TCU had almost nothing to do with it. Is NCST better than TCU? No...they just played better for 95% of the regional and self imploded. They got hot after that, and they are one of the last 4 standing. What if Minter and Stubbs had been healthy all year? A&M most likely gets the NS over TCU. Did TCU have anything to do with that? Nope...it's an outside factor.

And claiming that 3 out of the past 5 years is just luck is a fool's argument that I never made.

BTW, using that c/lol is a discussion about baseball makes you come across as a jackass. This isn't Old Rivalries.
95% of the regional?

Let's take a closer look.

TCU beats Sacred Heart 10-0
NC State Beats Sacred Heart 11-6

NC State Beats Stony Brook 3-0
TCU Beats Stony Brook 8-3

NC State wins against TCU 5-4 on a ninth-inning, two-out, two-run homer
TCU Beats NC State 8-2

NC State leads a game for the majority of the time, in the 8th inning, TCU comes back to win.
Now, I can talk about how good our players are at drawing walks and capitalizing on mistakes etc etc, we know it was part luck and we've proven that you can't give TCU a chance to come back.

However, Say whatever you want about that specific game, but to say that NC State played better for 95% of the regional is absolutely false.

Agsroll
AG
quote:
quote:
There's no hot streaks in baseball? No luck factor? How did Tech into the CWS last year? Tech played a 4 seed in the Supers last year. All I'm saying is there are outside factors that play in to who makes the CWS. o say that the 8 teams in Omaha are the best 8 teams in baseball is a stretch...there are definitely outside factors that play into this. Are they good teams? Without a doubt. Can they be one of the best 8 teams? Sure, and I think TCU is. NCST had TCU dead in the water before completely ****ting the bed. TCU had almost nothing to do with it. Is NCST better than TCU? No...they just played better for 95% of the regional and self imploded. They got hot after that, and they are one of the last 4 standing. What if Minter and Stubbs had been healthy all year? A&M most likely gets the NS over TCU. Did TCU have anything to do with that? Nope...it's an outside factor.

And claiming that 3 out of the past 5 years is just luck is a fool's argument that I never made.

BTW, using that c/lol is a discussion about baseball makes you come across as a jackass. This isn't Old Rivalries.
95% of the regional?

TCU Beats NC State 8-2

NC State leads a game for the majority of the time, in the 8th inning, TCU comes back to win.
Now, I can talk about how good our players are at drawing walks and capitalizing on mistakes etc etc, we know it was part luck and we've proven that you can't give TCU a chance to come back.

However, Say whatever you want about that specific game, but to say that NC State played better for 95% of the regional is absolutely false.

Facts won't go over well here
TexasRebel
AG
BALK!
swimmerbabe11
Are you really blaming the entire game on that one call? Really?
Odell probably could have scored from 2nd on the Barzilli single, he's fast enough.

Compare these two balks.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/131525242/dodgers-end-skid-with-walk-off-balk-vs-texas
Sea Gull
AG
quote:

Agree with Swimmer, 95% was a bit of an exaggeration. But it still took 6 unearned runs to beat NCST in game 3. How is that for a fact?
Agsroll
AG
quote:
quote:

Agree with Swimmer, 95% was a bit of an exaggeration. But it still took 6 unearned runs to beat NCST in game 3. How is that for a fact?

It's great as a fact.
Bunk Moreland
who ****ing cares? they got lucky once. They've also shown up and won when it mattered.

All these people *****ing about being lucky or TCU not being that good, look so ****ing pathetic. Get over it. They have a good team with a deep pitching staff.

yes, NC St **** the bed in epic fashion. It happens. And now TCU is taking full advantage of their opportunity.
Sea Gull
AG
So the fact that you're focusing on that "95%" means that you are conceding the other points? I don't see where you are disputing my statements with anything other than blanket sarcastic responses and the c/lol emoticons...
Sea Gull
AG
And another sarcastic response. Your argument was that I didn't care about the facts. I responded with a fact. And that's your only response? But you called Rebel an idiot? Wow....
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:

A bit?

In full disclosure, I've never been a huge fan of the "they won because of the other team's mistake therefore they are lesser beings" argument.

1) I know my team's have benefited from mistakes before. See our second game vs. Cal. (Those who still use the "TCU won the Super Regional on an error" should probably give it up.)

2) Part of the game is not making mistakes. Playing fundamental baseball is huge, and I think you deserve some credit when you play fundamentally better than your opponent.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
And another sarcastic response. Your argument was that I didn't care about the facts. I responded with a fact. And that's your only response? But you called Rebel an idiot? Wow....
Rebel ran out of material last week. His responses have started to dwindle on occasion to "Oh?".

That's not a stone you should be casting for him.
Agsroll
AG
Another fact

TCU beat the top two National seeds this year.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:

95% of the regional?

TCU Beats NC State 8-2

The transitive property and comparing scores always works really well in sports discussions.

quote:
Now, I can talk about how good our players are at drawing walks
You could, but that would be incredibly stupid. Not hard to draw a walk when all you have to do is stand in the batters box and rest the bat on your shoulder. You could've had a little league team up there at the plate in the 8th and 9th and they probably would've had similar results the way NCST melted down.

The bottom line is that NC State played well enough that they were up 7 runs and 6 outs away from eliminating TCU in their house. Call that whatever percentage you want, but the fact remains that TCU should not have even made it out of their regional.
Sea Gull
AG
I've never said that TCU won because of an error. I've never said that they weren't a good team. My stance has been that outside factors play a huge role in Omaha. So claiming that making it Omaha is the distinguishing factor in determining if a team is one of the best in the country isn't necessarily true. Do I think it's true for TCU right now? Absolutely. Was it the case for Tech last year? Give me a break. Solid club, not one of the top 8 in the country. They just turned it on at the right moment.

Is TCU a good team? Absolutely. Did they get some help along the way? Absolutely. Not taking anything away from them, they deserve it and have had to beat some very good clubs to survive. Part of being a great team is putting yourself in position to benefit from these outside factors. Taking advantage of NC St's melt down still took some effort on the part of TCU.

That being said, I love TCU's current brand of baseball. Win it with solid pitching, have guys that have good discipline at the plate, focus on hitting line drives, steal bases, and play error free baseball. I don't care for their fans very much, but that's not the discussion here. Should be interesting to see how they come out tonight against a rested Vandy squad.

And I'm not defending TR. But I don't think people need to be calling each other idiots on here.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
The bottom line is that NC State played well enough that they were up 7 runs and 6 outs away from eliminating TCU in their house. Call that whatever percentage you want, but the fact remains that TCU should not have even made it out of their regional.
FIFY
Agsroll
AG
quote:
quote:

95% of the regional?

TCU Beats NC State 8-2

The transitive property and comparing scores always works really well in sports discussions.

quote:
Now, I can talk about how good our players are at drawing walks
You could, but that would be incredibly stupid. Not hard to draw a walk when all you have to do is stand in the batters box and rest the bat on your shoulder. You could've had a little league team up there at the plate in the 8th and 9th and they probably would've had similar results the way NCST melted down.

The fact remains that TCU DID make it out of their regional.

There is a rule in baseball that the game is 9 innings long.
BoerneGator
AG
The "luck" TCU had in the SR was to end up playing a team that choked away a huge lead that most teams would NOT have!
Agsroll
twk
AG
The really fascinating thing for TCU is that they've made this run despite their closer being in meltdown mode since the conference tournament--he's a big reason they were down 6 to NCSU. They couldn't have overcome Phelps arsonist act without some really impressive depth in the bullpen. They would have been in quite the quandary as to what to do last night had it been closer in the 9th.
Justice Beaver
AG
Did you read my post? Never said it wasn't a 9 inning game. Never said TCU didn't win. Have they taken full advantage of the circumstances since? Definitely. But would they even be in Omaha without extenuating circumstances? Absolutely not.
You frog apologists are getting real tiresome.
Frisco
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
There is a rule in baseball that the game is 9 innings long.

Except for when it's not....damn you rain!
Agsroll
AG
quote:
Did you read my post? Never said it wasn't a 9 inning game. Never said TCU didn't win. Have they taken full advantage of the circumstances since? Definitely. But would they even be in Omaha without extenuating circumstances? Absolutely not.
You frog apologists are getting real tiresome.

Baseball is a game of extenuating circumstances. And I don't think TCU needs any apologists.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Is TCU a good team? Absolutely.
Yep.
Illustrious Potentate
AG
quote:
The really fascinating thing for TCU is that they've made this run despite their closer being in meltdown mode since the conference tournament--he's a big reason they were down 6 to NCSU. They couldn't have overcome Phelps arsonist act without some really impressive depth in the bullpen. They would have been in quite the quandary as to what to do last night had it been closer in the 9th.
TexasRebel
AG
Hey, that one word response had more substance that the post it replied to.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
LSU catcher trips on the batter box losing a foul ball that should have been an out.

The game was 8-3 at this point.

TCU was on a mission tonight. Either way, TCU outscored LSU 18-7 in two games. That's not luck.

If I remember right, that dropped foul had zero bearing on the game. 2 pitches later that same batter popped out on a foul ball to 1st base.
Frisco
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
LSU catcher trips on the batter box losing a foul ball that should have been an out.

The game was 8-3 at this point.

TCU was on a mission tonight. Either way, TCU outscored LSU 18-7 in two games. That's not luck.

If I remember right, that dropped foul had zero bearing on the game. 2 pitches later that same batter popped out on a foul ball to 1st base.
you remember correctly
Sea Gull
AG
He's not interested in discussing baseball. He's just here to call people idiots, post the c/lol face, and to make sarcastic posts. Best just to ignore him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.